Procharger Big red Race BOV

SVTContique

Just wondering, the piping that comes with the p1sc is Alum right?

And where did most of you guys get the tube welded to? Im thinking the stock location is good, just cut off the stock place, drill a new hole and get it welded on.

Friggen 400 bucks for a BOV...

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I got mine from procharger direct..

Khameleon, they are aluminum i had the hole for the stock bpv welded and the new one cut right next to it.

Last edited:

john_anch_ak

I don't know what your pipe is made of but mine is a thin wall steel pipe. Mine isn't the newest one around but I don't think Procharger is making their tubing out of aluminum. They have a toll free number so you can always call to find out for sure.

snkbit99

Established Member
Peocharger tubing

The tubing Procharger supplies is not aluminum. I just had to replace mine because the paint was flaking and the inside of the tubing was rusting. The new stuff was steel too.

Ed

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Best bet is to give them all call to make sure, My kit was purchased new from them almost a year ago and my piping is alumnium.

Unless they changed them..:shrug:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Confirm your pipe material before ordering the valve. You have to choose between steel and aluminum for the mounting flange. I have the aluminum piece, but fabricated all of my piping.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I love the Big Red. Sounds awesome when blowing off but at idle it can be really annoying. It's louder than the exhaust and I have long tubes and no cats. That would be the only thing I would change about it but other than that, worth every penny.

89YSICoupe

Established Member
You can get them either way aluminum or steel piping,I just bought 1 of each last week.

Janstang

Established Member
I love the Big Red. Sounds awesome when blowing off but at idle it can be really annoying. It's louder than the exhaust and I have long tubes and no cats. That would be the only thing I would change about it but other than that, worth every penny.
Hell, thats the one thing I miss about mine(d1sc w/race bypass). Mine was so loud it would get people walking along the street turning around to see what the hell was coming..

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I had the open and it was crazy loud.. Switched to the closed ( still run open) and how I get a whistle.. Im going to try is as a bypass and see if that goes away.

The open bypass was just too loud, the novelty wore off fast.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I had the open and it was crazy loud.. Switched to the closed ( still run open) and how I get a whistle.. Im going to try is as a bypass and see if that goes away.

The open bypass was just too loud, the novelty wore off fast.

i have the whistle....annoying as ****....people think its my brakes

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
well, ive tried putting a small K&N filter over it.. That didnt help at all, Im wondering if I should just hook it up as a bypass and see if it goes away.

Anyone know the size of the opening of the enclosed version?

SVTContique

Loud as hell huh?

Anyone got a video of how loud the open one is.

And yea, i was thinking of buying the enclosed one and just running it open... sounds like a bad idea.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Ive watched videos of how loud they are... Nothing compaired to in person, especially on the highway and part throttle.. With all the air being bypassed... it hard to hear yourself think..

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
anyone have a video clip of a big red?

I've got the standard piped out the right fender well and its pretty loud. I am getting some surge when going from full open to full closed throttle..

Janstang

Established Member
Hmmmm.

Are there any other options?
Something to keep in mind with this bypass/blowoff valve is that it is designed to vent a very large amount of air. Therefore, its connection on your s/c piping is wayy larger than the original and it is going to allow more air and noise(specifically s/c noise) out that valve. Running it in a bypass config. will quiet it a little bit(not much). So if you don't want it that loud you can go to a smaller one(which isn't really an option if you are having surge issues) or get a quieter s/c, which with the Prochargers, I'm not sure you'll find one.

Users who are viewing this thread