Procharged BadBoss

lpheaven

Established Member
set up looks great an she sounds Beastly! Great Job OP

Not quite done yet haha

Shes goin back to JDM Engineering for a driveshaft from axle-exchange, and a whiteline bushing Thursday and a dyno tune next week - I had to threaten them with freakin scud missiles to get a time slot ;-)
The Procharger canned tunes have me running so rich my Boss smells like the Hess plant in Newark haha.

Also JDMs custom breathers - @Nicksezz i hope ya dont get mad at me Nick for posting that but they look so ****in awesome :)

Also just want to say thanks Nick for pointing out the many little quirks that could be improved, straightened out, fixed w/e, I would have never ever noticed. Your expertise is second to none dude.

Last edited:

lpheaven

Established Member
That hood is sweet. More pics!!! Is it fiberglass?

Thanks Cody yes, its fiberglass - the right hood pin needs fixing - some dork at a car show tried to pull the pin up instead of sliding it back and i just have to get epoxy or something to re-enforce one of the screws DOH!

Cody as requested - this is before the giant awesome looking Procharger race intercooler :)

016_zps55282910.jpg

017_zps9c8961fc.jpg

018_zps86395177.jpg

019_zps47176dfe.jpg

020_zps16e5e599.jpg

lpheaven

Established Member
About a week before the the Carlisle event the BOSS felt like it was a little laggy, like i was dragging something heavy. I mailed ATI and let them know. The only thing that was changed is i used Exxon 93 instead of Sunoco 93 and the weather got very hot so we attributed it to a possible cause as everything seemed fine.

Had a little issue when I went to the Carlisle event and noticed a problem. Going down was a great cruise and the i-1 has been performing the same. Like a loss of power but not too bad, traffic was heavy anyway.
Fast forward to the Carlisle event and i went to show the crowd of folks how it changes modes from the LCD and nothing was happening. Shut the car off, restarted and the same issue. It seemed to be stuck in touring mode ( which probably explains the loss of power and not a bad tank of gas in hindsight ). I'm a nervous bitch when it comes to my BOSS cause i baby it and my buddy had a trailer so we took it home Saturday night.

Called ATI and I am working with Tyler from ATI (who has been freakin fantastic with customer service, always answers or calls back and kept me in the loop to this point) We noticed 2 issues.
1. LCD wont change modes
2. End of the Procharger dipstick where there is supposed to be a indicator tab was not attached.

Taylor over-nighted me a shipping container for the boys to find out why this happened and shipped it last Thursday. It arrived yesterday at ATI. Its only 6 months old and has about 7-800 miles on it. It was Purchased via Stage III motorsports and installed by Performance Specialties locally to me as seen in the previous build pics. Taylor told me today its already on the bench !

Here is the tear down done by Craig from Performance Specialties (he came to my house to do the work ) Great guy and company !

Dipstick
i-1%20Dipstick_zpsg8fr6f5b.jpg

inventory
20150610_095506_zpsbbbishct.jpg

inventory
20150610_095534_zps6ftidshs.jpg

inventory
20150610_095549_zps8hhrde5b.jpg

LCD
20150610_121720_zpsl6t8dyyh.jpg

Controller
20150610_121635_zpsnylx5lht.jpg

Controller pt2
20150610_121351_zpstqwryhj8.jpg

Terminal block in engine bay
20150610_120641_zpsvzp40rri.jpg

Impeller - hard to see but there is inside fins and one has a nick on it
20150610_120313_zpsey02dvzs.jpg

20150610_120241_zpsnrpq5omo.jpg

ATI shipping box will survive the 6 foot test no doubt
20150610_121127_zps7hvi8wof.jpg

BADBOSS is sad
20150610_120115_zpsswqoghl5.jpg

My mechanic is pretty sure it was some internal issue because the dry hybrid transmission is not serviceable but the dipstick indicator missing is very worrisome. He said that might have caused the nic on the blade. Knowing ATI - they'll most likely just ship me a new head unit so they can tear this one apart and find the culprit.

I'll keep you guys informed as Taylor let me know its with the engineers and they will call me asap with what happened. I really just would like a new head unit but if its fixed and wont happen again, i'll consider taking the defective unit back.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:

lpheaven

Established Member
*UPDATE*
Spoke to Cliff from Procharger today. A bearing went bad in the CVT, a part that is not made in house and instead of replacing the part they put on a new CVT, fully tested the unit and shipped it back out to me today. I'm sure Cliff will have a few words with the shop that makes that bearing ;)

Cliff also spent around 45 minutes explaining in great detail about how the system works in and out, the custom mode, should i choose to program in the future via laptop and the Procharger controller where i want the boost to come on - instant, gradual or later in the bands.

It is service like this when the engineering manager for the i-1 calls you, pats you on the head and says "no problem, we got this for you". ATI's customers are a top priority without a freaking doubt. 3 day turnaround - no muss no fuss....****in A

I just want to let the board know my dealings with ATI Procharger. 5 ****ing stars. BADBOSS will be back on the road by the middle of next week. I'll update with installed pics and also putting the Tiger hood back on. I put the oe hood on for the overnight trip to Carlisle (knew it was going to rain).

Thanks again to Tyler, Cliff and Drew and also Craig from Performance Specialties in Lakewood NJ. This simply solidifies my choice for a forced induction unit in my Mustang.

Pics and Vids to come in the future.

Thanks,
Rob

ProChargerTECH

It is service like this when the engineering manager for the i-1 calls you, pats you on the head and says "no problem, we got this for you". ATI's customers are a top priority without a freaking doubt. 3 day turnaround - no muss no fuss....****in A

I just want to let the board know my dealings with ATI Procharger. 5 ****ing stars. BADBOSS will be back on the road by the middle of next week. I'll update with installed pics and also putting the Tiger hood back on. I put the oe hood on for the overnight trip to Carlisle (knew it was going to rain).

Rob

:rockon::rockon::coolman:

Rob, glad to get you taken care of. :)
I will make sure Cliff sees this post. :)

lpheaven

Established Member
BADBOSS Beast Mode back on the road.

Craig from Performance Specialties spent just over an hour putting the unit back on, double checking the plumbing, spec torques and connections. Was only able to take a 20 minute cruise and check tension on the belt before some bad weather rolled in, but the unit was performing flawlessly. Spinning the 295/19 Pilot super sports in 3rd with ease. No issues changing modes. Went to sport mode on the fly and took a nice 1-5 pull on a back farm road. I have a gopro and will hook it up this weekend baring weather. I had 1-5 pulls on my go pro but cant find the frekin files. Will look on the gopro itself.

Thanks again to ATI and also for the kickass packaging, Procharger shirt, cap and Procharger sticker that promptly went on the rear window !!!

Will run it next week and Craig and i will give it the once over to ease my OCD.

20150625_132727_zpsexqbagju.jpg

20150625_132829_zpsyerrijtf.jpg

20150625_133005_zpslpyqjoe0.jpg

Thanks,
Rob

Blackedout

Established Member
WOWZERS... That looks NICE... Will you have any track times ??? I need to check out their site need me a hat...

lpheaven

Established Member
WOWZERS... That looks NICE... Will you have any track times ??? I need to check out their site need me a hat...

The group that i run with runs their Mustangs at Etown all the time - only 20 min from me. I just got my fire jacket so i can run their track now so hopefully very soon. Its going to be tough getting the PSSs to stick but my friends all have spare drag radials, so hopefully we can slap on the rears and get some solid runs in and datalog to dial in the custom tune from the Procharger controller and i-1 software.

lpheaven

Established Member
Only put another 5 k miles and figured it is time for some tasty upgrades

TSS opgs, RXT Clutch/flywheel and SS lines, Prothane MMs and some other "goodies". All mods professionally installed by my friend Craig Silverton @ Performance Specialties

20160624_143449_zps4rwg91vm.jpg

20160624_142428_zpsishlkdg9.jpg

20160624_142421_zpse4mbpfbr.jpg

IMG951808_zpsebtqgqy9.jpg

20160624_143502_zpszcnkwwiz.jpg

Some of his other projects
20160615_101959_zpsi9v7zjyi.jpg

20160615_101845_zpslepqpimh.jpg

20160615_101921_zpsaqnrjnig.jpg

20160615_101817_zpsjkehaphr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread