Procharged BadBoss

lpheaven

Established Member
BadBoss Procharged

i-1 stage II w/LCD in satin black , Roush BAP, bigred bov, 56lb injectors, race intercooler and some other goodies - going to run @ 7.5 initially then move up to 10 and see what we can do after a few supports.

Should be all done today and tuned up next week

147_zpsb5b57fe7.jpg

10479684_10204012628790041_6523803797597875402_n_zps31958fe0.jpg

048_zps39dc3279.jpg

049_zps8b95f2fe.jpg

053_zps7b88577c.jpg

054_zpsd65c19ab.jpg

055_zps6869ab52.jpg

056_zps3ee7edb3.jpg

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Your car looks great! I've been very curious to see how that new Procharger does.

nosscort

Established Member
that pulley on the oe crank pulley looks dangerous.. that's the only thing about the prochargers for the 11+ cars that turns me away from them

lpheaven

Established Member
that pulley on the oe crank pulley looks dangerous.. that's the only thing about the prochargers for the 11+ cars that turns me away from them

Yea thank the gods that oe crank is forged. I doubt i'll ever have an issue below 700 whp

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looks sick! I've been seeing more and more Bosses with fi.... keeps making me think about it. :)

RJ13GT

Established Member
I was worried about it too but figured WTH. I love my procharger. Easy install. Easy maintenence. Makes decent power for the entry level kit that I have with plenty of room for improvement for what I'm going to do with it. As long as you keep your belt tensioned properly I don't see an issue with the front pulley adapter. I think PC instuctions have the belt too tight. I have mine at the first mark with no belt slip only 8 psi with the p1sc though.

Last edited:

lpheaven

Established Member
The race intercooler is so freakin huge were trimming the back of the front bumper ALOT - removing the pillars as well. Also decided to go with cooler plugs so a few more days. Also plumbing everything and locking everything down extra duty so no rattles buzzes rubs - level = OCD.
RJ13GT - the i-1 is a BEAST and also a shit ton of electronics as well as i added the LCD controller as well.

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I love the boss, color, hood, and i-1 procharger. You win at the internet.

I run a wastegated d1sc and I'm curious to see the results.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Holy schitt, they put a CVT in a procharger? That's pretty awesome.

ProChargerTECH

With proper install, there is nothing dangerous about it. Yes, it has to stick out a bit, but thats the necessary evil, to run a true dedicated belt to the blower. If space allows, we always try to make a system available for a dedicated drive. For many obvious reasons.

FOR THOSE wanting a bit more of piece of mind, or using them in a racing application with a built motor. We do offer a crank pulley that bolts to a SFI ATI Performance products aftermarket balancer. Just and FYI.

Holy schitt, they put a CVT in a procharger? That's pretty awesome.

Yes we did! :) And its awesome!

lpheaven

Established Member
Hello Administrators - Is there any way this thread can be moved to the Power Adders section ?

Thanks in advance
Rob

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yes we did! :) And its awesome!

So if I'm seeing correctly, it basically lets the blower spin at the same speed no matter what RPM the engine is at? Which is why you are able to achieve high boost/power at low RPM's? And it's all electronically controlled so you can basically dial in your power level without swapping pulleys??

Damnit, now I need another mustang so I can try this out. I loved my centri cars and the addition of low end power makes it 10x better.

Edit: But good lord that blower is a big biatch. At first I thought it was a transfer case in the engine bay!

Last edited:

lpheaven

Established Member
So if I'm seeing correctly, it basically lets the blower spin at the same speed no matter what RPM the engine is at? Which is why you are able to achieve high boost/power at low RPM's? And it's all electronically controlled so you can basically dial in your power level without swapping pulleys??

Damnit, now I need another mustang so I can try this out. I loved my centri cars and the addition of low end power makes it 10x better.

Edit: But good lord that blower is a big biatch. At first I thought it was a transfer case in the engine bay!

sunburned - not only can you dial in the boost level but where you want it in the rpm range. My mechanic says this beast will have many different applications from street to strip to road course and that he is extremely impressed with the amount of control you have on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread