Problem with Steering and AdvanceTrac

Tmatt142

Established Member
You are right about that TSB (not sure about number either), but that referred to the shimmy that you are talking about and not the system going into off. Mine did not shimmy at all. It was off then on then hard off. Still definitely worth bugging the dealer everytime it happens and not cycling the ignition.

True, but, it might not be a bad idea to run the TSB as I had heard that some experienced the "shimmy" while others had different problems. Wouldn't hurt to check that avenue....

0HNO50H

Not to revive an old post but my 2014 Shelby GT500 that i just picked up and only been out in a couple times is doing this as well.

First time it happened while i was turning and caused me to almost lose it. The message came up power steering fault and there was no powering steering. A quick cycle of the key fixed this. However after further driving and for some reason during tight turns and bumps i would loose the power to radio and it would display the message check charging system accompanied with the battery light.

Those were intermittent, now just recently I lost power steering completely and it has been accompanied with service advantrac and the two traction control lights. Cycling of the key does not reset it anymore and power steering never came back.

Just wondering if anyone else had these issues and hopefully the fix is not to tear apart this brand new car. Only 400 miles on it.

not happy with ford :(

NuclearPower

Established Member
Very similar circumstance for me and the resolution was to replace the entire unit as it does not have serviceable components. Make sure you take it back to the dealer to get looked at. Good luck. My second unit has about 36000 miles on it and it is fine. The first unit died at about 18000 miles.

slo4now

Established Member
Not to revive an old post but my 2014 Shelby GT500 that i just picked up and only been out in a couple times is doing this as well.

First time it happened while i was turning and caused me to almost lose it. The message came up power steering fault and there was no powering steering. A quick cycle of the key fixed this. However after further driving and for some reason during tight turns and bumps i would loose the power to radio and it would display the message check charging system accompanied with the battery light.

Those were intermittent, now just recently I lost power steering completely and it has been accompanied with service advantrac and the two traction control lights. Cycling of the key does not reset it anymore and power steering never came back.

Just wondering if anyone else had these issues and hopefully the fix is not to tear apart this brand new car. Only 400 miles on it.

not happy with ford :(

I just had this happen to me on the 16th. While changing the #4 spark plug, the ratchet hit the positive battery post and blew out the 100A fuse/breaker. When I started the car back up, no power steering and service Advance Trac flashed on the dash. The two yellow warning lights came on also. Never one problem with my car until now, which I caused. I have a 2013 GT with 22,000 miles.

Check the right side of the battery. There are two terminals that connect to the main battery post. The rear most terminal is the 100A. I bet it is blown. Send me a P.M. with your number if you can't find what I'm talking about. Going to Ford tomorrow to buy a new terminal.

0HNO50H

I just had this happen to me on the 16th. While changing the #4 spark plug, the ratchet hit the positive battery post and blew out the 100A fuse/breaker. When I started the car back up, no power steering and service Advance Trac flashed on the dash. The two yellow warning lights came on also. Never one problem with my car until now, which I caused. I have a 2013 GT with 22,000 miles.

Check the right side of the battery. There are two terminals that connect to the main battery post. The rear most terminal is the 100A. I bet it is blown. Send me a P.M. with your number if you can't find what I'm talking about. Going to Ford tomorrow to buy a new terminal.

I know exactly what your talking about however I did check it and I can't tell if its blown. The back view is blocked, I can only see the front which looks like it only has 1 point inside. I compared to the 200A and thought maybe it was blown because the 200A has 2 points but its very hard to tell without taking it out. -Slo, please let me know if that fixes the issue for you then I don't have to worry about a whole rack and pinion replacement.

I did see your post Nuclear and that would really kill me to know that the car is gonna have to be tore apart, it will never be the same if you know what I mean. Just like when you get in an accident, the vehicle never is the same.

Please let me know slo how yours turns out. I hoping to get to the dealer this week because the weather is finally looking up.

Users who are viewing this thread