Problem at the track

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Took the car to the track last night to get a baseline while it's still stock. 3 horrible runs that were all aborted. First pass was in launch control, second was in track mode, third was in normal mode with all electronics turned off. On each pass as soon as I banged 3rd gear the car just fell flat on its face. It's like the car pulled out all the timing and it wouldn't rev. I thought it was going to completely shut off. Anyone have any insight on this?

14ksstang

Established Member
Was traction control completely off? Also I had an issue similar to this in my 14 gt going into 4th. They said it was a safety feature for the clutch to keep from damage.

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
Mine has been having the same problem it falls on its face for a brief second then take off. It's done it even before I started adding mods. I wish I knew whats going on myself. I'm going to data log it the next few pulls to see if I can get it to do it.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
Torque management built into the stock tune. This was prevalent with the 11-14's.. Could be the same. This isn't something you can turn on/off. Only in the tune.

5.0jake

Established Member
This shouldn't happen if the traction control button is held for 5-7 sec.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I cant tell if mine is doing the samething or if im just missing 3rd and hitting 5th instead.. happened with the stock tune w/ advance track off AND on.. and has also happened to me with my aftermarket tune, with advance track off and in the sport mode setting. The next time it happens I need to find out what gear its in exactly because I thinks its just me missing 3rd, however I kinda find that hard to believe since this isn't my first mt-82 car.. seems like other times it doesn't do it at all though, I shift to 3rd and it just goes instead of fall on its face.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread