Pro Charger and CCW's this winter

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
So after the first full year of ownership of the terminator Ive decided its time to step up my game with some winter modding. I plan on selling the SSR GT3's that I bought earlier this year. The big decision is to either get the CCW sp500's or the 505'a. My thought is to go with the Sp500's and do 18in up front and 19in in the rear. Is this to big or a bad idea? Im dropped on steeda springs so im not slammed. Thought process was to fill the gap with a slightly bigger rim. I defidently want to do an 11in rear this time instead of the 10.5 I have on my SSR's. I will be adding some big brake front kit this winter as well, this is just undecided of which kit to go with as of now.

Next thought process was a shiny new procharger and get rid of the pullied Heaton. I dont really see many cobras running this kit which is why ied like to go with it. Would I be ruining the car since a terminator should have a nice s\c on top instead of the procharger in the front.

Budget for this winter is around 14k. Rims will take up about 4500 of that so im left with plenty for power as well as maybe some minor suspension.

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ dont listen to that guy. if you want to get a different blower yet stay twin screw go with the lysholm. you very rarely see it and they make great power and are cheaper than their comparible whipples. I really dont understand why they aren't just as popular as the others. if you decide for a procharger, which one were you thinking? whenever i see procharged cobra's they almost always have f1-a's and make pretty damn good power. i'm just not a fan of the centri power, my buddies 566whp vortech 2v feels slower than my ported pullied cobra up until about 5k then it finally starts breathing.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I've found that every time I add more power I have to make something stronger. I am in the process of putting a 2.8h KB on my Cobra and I now need to beef up the transmission. It's a never ending process. When I get the transmission beefed up. I will add headers. It just goes on and on.

erod

Established Member
i like the centri, i drove my novi powered terminator yesterday, something about getting on it in 3rd at like 65mph and going to merge but when u get to 4k and boost kicked in in just rolls smoke from the tires and does so til you tell it not do.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I wouldn't say you'd be ruining the car with a blower swap, but if you don't intend on keeping the car forever, you could be heading down a slippery slope where your mod money put into the car exceed the value of what the car is worth.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
There's still good power to be Eaton, if you set it up right....My friend has a F1A making BIG power!!! ...any plans for the fuel system??

...and what part of NY again?

16.jpg

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
This car will never be sold so the money i throw at it I dont really worry about. Im in hartsdale NY. I have no idea as to what kind of fuel system to run. I was going to speak to Joe at mustang magic again regrding this topic since they will be doing all of the work!

What do you guys think about the wheel setup?

Last edited:

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
Great plan on the wheels my advice on size is go with 19x9.5 front and 18x11 rear
I have ccw sp500 on my car 19x9.5 front and 19x11rear and tires are alot more for 19s than 18 and the tire selection is very limited. I also went with the willwood big brake kit fills in the 19s well. This is my car hopefully this helps.....
photobucket-13431-1342139395189.png

DSCN2128.jpg

DSCN2110.jpg

photobucket-1634-1336874968801.jpg

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
I spent the night in the storage unit with the cobra to make sure no water got in. I ended up throwing it on jackstands and wrapping it in 2 tarps. Weather here was horrible.

Sabotage? dont you mean 18 in front and 19 in rear? Your car looks sick. Im sorry that i might have to copy this look, but it should be cool you can have west coast and ill take the east.:)

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
I copied bigoman he posts on here thats his car on the ccw website..lol...I suggest 19s up front and 18s in the rear since you will have better drag tire selection for 18s in the rear.Or even 18s all the way around would look nicer with the 14in big brake kit, I dont fill in the gap since mine are 19s up front with the brake kit.
Complete Custom Wheel - Zoomed Image
As far as power wize go twin turbo ...i have a 3.4 making over 700rwhp and iam getting over it lol 4 months later.

Last edited:

MGC

Established Member
as far as the power goes, i would do a twinscrew setup first, then decide later what you wanna do for bigger power, for a few reasons:

it'll be cheaper than a centri
easier to do your own work (everything is still like a stock setup) you can bolt a twinscrew on in a day and have it tuned and you're ready to go break hearts
spend rest of budget on good tires and suspension

centrifugal blowers on these cars can be monsters, they also take $$, time and knowledge to get work right. (same can be said for turbo cars) anytime you go away from a non-oem setup it'll take work to get right.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
as far as the power goes, i would do a twinscrew setup first, then decide later what you wanna do for bigger power, for a few reasons:

it'll be cheaper than a centri
easier to do your own work (everything is still like a stock setup) you can bolt a twinscrew on in a day and have it tuned and you're ready to go break hearts
spend rest of budget on good tires and suspension

centrifugal blowers on these cars can be monsters, they also take $$, time and knowledge to get work right. (same can be said for turbo cars) anytime you go away from a non-oem setup it'll take work to get right.

Spot on with everything you said. Couldn't have said it better myself.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
instead of going f1-a, go with the new procharger i-1, is a completely programmable supercharger and full boost is almost there instantly! Plus you'd be the first one to do it on a terminator :)

[youtube_browser]pPrL6ebUrDU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread