prior vette owners

Frank A.

Established Member
vette or mustang

Well here is my take on it.

had a c5 z06 -- now have a c6 vert, '11 GT500, '12 GT, and a lincoln mkx

The mustangs are more fun but not nearly as sophisticated as vette's. for example the tpms on a vette you can look at each tire and see the actual pressure--- not on stang's

Two years ago did an 8600 mile drive around the USA in the vette ---- would not attempt it in a Stang, but have done so in the lincoln

Definately comparing apples to oranges

The GT500 is way better than the Z06 and the GT is as much fun as to drive as the Z06 ---- The Z06 was my daily driver, even in winter with four snow tires mounted ----

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
I know you like your 5.0, and it is fine, but stop deceiving yourself. Otherwise one day when you get beat by LS3 C6 or c5Z06 you will be very disappointing.:beer:

Oh lord, please stop the bullshit. C5Z's are solid 11 second cars...just like 5.0 GTs with minimal mods. And frankly, I had my pick of a few really, really nice C5Zs I found while car shopping.

Bought a 5.0 instead.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
one might say the same thing to you.

Yeah but the difference is that i have been able to squeeze out a somewhat even run with a whipple cobra (needed driver mod) on video, completely anhialate bolt on 5.0s on video and stay not to far behind c6z06s on video.... Lol

Now coyotestang.... Thats another story... Guy is delusional.... Lol

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Two years ago did an 8600 mile drive around the USA in the vette ---- would not attempt it in a Stang,

Why not in the Stang? I drove mine from Michigan to FL. in two days. It was a great ride. Only 1500 miles but never the less I would not mind a longer trip in a Stang.

bunk22

Established Member
Curious how you would explain that statement. Ls3 makes 35-40lbft more torque and about 15 more hp.(with factory NPP exhaust even more) It weighs 350-400 less, and more aerodynamic.
Anything can happen on a street, but with only an axle-back 5.0 is not going to be even with a stock LS3 C6.
It is amazing how 5.0 owners exaggerate their car potential, they claim to beat LS3 with just an axle-back and intake, and with a tune they hang with pullied Terminators, and sometimes even hang with Gt500. You guys must believe that this 5.0 engine was built by god. lol
Bottom line if you race LS3 or 02+C5Z06 stock for stock and beat it, than there is something wrong with that Vette or the driver. Stock for Stock and Mod for Mod 5.0 is slower.

I was gonig to say, an LS3 C6 is quite the beast at speed. I could see a 5.0 hanging with a stock LS2 C6. Even the LS2 responds well with mods, a VR, FAST, long-tubes and tune will put you over 400rwhp/tq but it's a lighter car.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
It's in the gearing. Corvettes have atrociously tall gears. Top of first gear in my previous LS2 C6 was a hair above 50mph, while my c6 z did 60 in first.

Around town it's not a wonder that the 5.0 mustang hangs with them. The mustang is simply geared much better.

You can't group all corvettes together. There's a huge speed difference between an LS2 powered auto with 2.73 gears and an ls3 manual z51 with 3.41's.

Since there's no real way to tell what a corvette is packing, guys go hunting, find one of the aforementioned LS2, auto, 2.73 cars, beat it and now their car beats Corvettes.

That's not the way it works in Corvette land.

coyotestang

Established Member
[QUOTE=coyotestang;117amn straight they beat c5z's:coolman:

22232]d

I know you like your 5.0, and it is fine, but stop deceiving yourself. Otherwise one day when you get beat by LS3 C6 or c5Z06 you will be very disappointing.:beer:[/QUOTE]

lmao you dont hav a clue the video is in the pics and video buffet look at it yourself:beer:

coyotestang

Established Member
Yeah but the difference is that i have been able to squeeze out a somewhat even run with a whipple cobra (needed driver mod) on video, completely anhialate bolt on 5.0s on video and stay not to far behind c6z06s on video.... Lol

Now coyotestang.... Thats another story... Guy is delusional.... Lol

dude your a dumbass i have the video on here and i just had my car dynoed today and put down 396 on a mustang dyno(heartbreaker) 445 to 450 on a dynojet give or take

coyotestang

Established Member
It's in the gearing. Corvettes have atrociously tall gears. Top of first gear in my previous LS2 C6 was a hair above 50mph, while my c6 z did 60 in first.

Around town it's not a wonder that the 5.0 mustang hangs with them. The mustang is simply geared much better.

You can't group all corvettes together. There's a huge speed difference between an LS2 powered auto with 2.73 gears and an ls3 manual z51 with 3.41's.

Since there's no real way to tell what a corvette is packing, guys go hunting, find one of the aforementioned LS2, auto, 2.73 cars, beat it and now their car beats Corvettes.

That's not the way it works in Corvette land.

lmao car i ran is a 6 speed..

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
dude your a dumbass i have the video on here and i just had my car dynoed today and put down 396 on a mustang dyno(heartbreaker) 445 to 450 on a dynojet give or take

Your pathetic guy, take that one sad video that nobody cares about and shove it.

I would make you look stupid with your gazillion "heartbreak" horepowers.... With my measly upper 3XX....

Sucker....

coyotestang

Established Member
Your pathetic guy, take that one sad video that nobody cares about and shove it.

I would make you look stupid with your gazillion "heartbreak" horepowers.... With my measly upper 3XX....

Sucker....

lmao im not lying i have the dyno sheet, gazillion lmao you mad bro:shrug:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Vettes are almost always the guys going for mph at the track, and the roll racers. I love seeing these modded out the ass Z06s running 13.4 @ 130+ mph. So rare to see one ET. I would say one in five at the track can ET.

Look, I grew up with a Corvette in the house. Learned how to shift that L82 with my left hand when I was a little kid. To me, they have always had a cheese factor.

Mike

t01lightning

Established Member
I think vette's halve a worse stereotype than mustangs. Mustangs don't age as bad as vettes do when the new model comes out. Other than the c6z vettes look outdated . Also chevys interior rattles like crazy and your inside of the car alot so the cheap plastic after 20k starts to wear on you.

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
Vettes are almost always the guys going for mph at the track, and the roll racers. I love seeing these modded out the ass Z06s running 13.4 @ 130+ mph. So rare to see one ET. I would say one in five at the track can ET.

Look, I grew up with a Corvette in the house. Learned how to shift that L82 with my left hand when I was a little kid. To me, they have always had a cheese factor.

Mike

Go to a Corvette event at a dragstrip and you may be surprised with how they run, people with a lot of horsepower and running slow at a local track isnt Corvette exclusive, especially with manual transmissions and stock tires..

Back in 2002 I had a '99 C5 coupe with a converter, intake, headers, small cam, ported stock heads, tune and drag radials that ran 11.70s or so - wasnt hard at all. Not super-impressive now but not bad 10 years ago. I made the switch to F-bodies after not wanting to make a nice corvette into a drag car, I suspect a lot of Z06 owners feel the same way.

bunk22

Established Member

Mike

When I had my C6, I ran probably around 300 passes, mostly 1/8th mile in about two years. It was difficult to launch hard without wheel hop and I should have had slicks vice DR's. My goal was lower ET's and just about every time I posted on CF, I would hear about how low my mph was :bored: I went from 8.2's to 7.7/8's with driving alone at 92-93. I ran a C6Z and beat it by .3 or so...he simply couldn't drive and afterwards, his comment was well I had a higher mph. Yes, yes you did :burnout:

But don't get me wrong, I had a few buds who drove the piss out of their cars, though usually my C5 buddies. A C5Z can run hard bone stock and with tires, even better.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
lmao im not lying i have the dyno sheet, gazillion lmao you mad bro:shrug:

why would i be mad when i am superior..... cough cough... i mean my car....

my **** is also bigger and more muscular... because the dyno sheet says so...

Users who are viewing this thread