Prime Day

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Since Prime day is coming to an end soon, did anyone get anything on sale they were wanting?

Blown 89

Established Member
I picked up the Nvidia Shield. I was going to buy one today anyway.

Everything I browsed wasn't cheap at all...including the shield I bought. With taxes and everything it as $4 cheaper than Newegg's every day price.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Nothing I bought yesterday was on sale really. I waited for prime day, just in case, but didn't really save much.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Never even looked. My new disposal from them was delivered today to go along with all the new appliances for the whole house.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Picked up an Echo. Wife loves listening to Amazon Music when she is doing stuff around the house so I figured it was a good deal at half price.

Blown 89

Established Member
Other than the Amazon branded stuff I think Prime day isn't the big deal it's made out to be.
Previous years have had really good deals on some stuff but anything that's marked down significantly is sold out minutes after being posted.

The problem with Prime day is that they list so many things that it's impossible to sift through the crap. You have to hit specific forums to find the deals. The tool forums for instance listed the decent tool deals and without their lists I wouldn't have found any of the items. It's more marketing for Amazon than anything.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
And it works. Like I said, I don't even look at it. Just go look for the stuff I need or want. Sometimes you can find better deals elsewhere, but you need to shop and compare.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I got a Dalstrong Chef Knife - Shogun Series Gyuto VG10 9.5" for $92.

Zodiac

Established Member
I got a bunch of stuff for dirt cheap last night when it went live and discounts were erroneously triple stacking. $40+ video games for $5-6, some other odds and ends. Was mad that the lego technic 911 GT3 was pulled out of my car when I was checking out when they fixed the glitch. Regularly $300, was gonna be $104.

Didn't grab anything else today, since Amazon is overrated anyway.

verbal

Established Member
I got a Bissel carpet cleaner for about 50% less than anywhere else on the internet. Also a Mothers clay bar set for a pretty good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread