Prices up North!

BCPD199

Established Member
I've been waiting and hoping to get one for sticker or close to it (which is probaly not going to happen anytime soon in Northern NJ). I just came back from spending Thanksgiving in Maine. While up there I saw a Red coupe w/ white stripes in the Auburn Ford stealership. It was on the showroom floor all roped off. They had a $20,000 mark up on it! The saleman, who was a nice enough guy, said they gotten that much over on every one. Please tell me that no one is still paying that kind of money for one of these!

drmustang

Banned
I've been waiting and hoping to get one for sticker or close to it (which is probaly not going to happen anytime soon in Northern NJ). I just came back from spending Thanksgiving in Maine. While up there I saw a Red coupe w/ white stripes in the Auburn Ford stealership. It was on the showroom floor all roped off. They had a $20,000 mark up on it! The saleman, who was a nice enough guy, said they gotten that much over on every one. Please tell me that no one is still paying that kind of money for one of these!

That kind of greaseball stuff may have worked a year ago. I doubt if that is going to work at this point.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yeah, now it's only $15k over ! :rollseyes

I'd say the $15k over has "dealer visions of grandeur" written all over it. :rollseyes

The norm today is MSRP to a few $k over to a max of $5k for the most part. I'm not saying some poor unsuspecting soul will not be paying $10k over even at this time. But that certainly is NOT the 'norm'.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

RCMPSVT

Established Member
I would never pay over sticker ever ( unless they only made very limited numbers and for one year only) I think anybody that does has more money than brains

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
I would never pay over sticker ever ( unless they only made very limited numbers and for one year only) I think anybody that does has more money than brains

and also the reason why you don't have one, even i said this statement but i ended up and paid 2k over for the first one and 15k over for the second one(insurance paid that one) never has a car held the ADM's for this long.

yall do realize that these cars are right at 1 1/2 YRS OUT ON THE MARKET.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
and also the reason why you don't have one, even i said this statement but i ended up and paid 2k over for the first one and 15k over for the second one(insurance paid that one) never has a car held the ADM's for this long.

yall do realize that these cars are right at 1 1/2 YRS OUT ON THE MARKET.

Ur right I dont have one cause I have better things to do than line the pockets of these dealers more than I already have. Patience is a virtue.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
those who step up on a GT 500 are driving and having a great time, those that shop...and harbor anger toward some dealers....are not driving and having any kind of a good time. I guess when people stop saying no to themselves..and say yes..then they will join the folks who are cruising to shows and proud of their new car...imo

R1Lello

Established Member
those who step up on a GT 500 are driving and having a great time, those that shop...and harbor anger toward some dealers....are not driving and having any kind of a good time. I guess when people stop saying no to themselves..and say yes..then they will join the folks who are cruising to shows and proud of their new car...imo

Agreed......and this includes all those that said I'll get the Challenger when it comes out and pay msrp...........get ready and lube up........you'll need it for that car too...........it's no Charger!! It will do well also

for the record though..........I only paid $500 over

Last edited:

SVTS197

Established Member
In Southern California you can get one for $5K over sticker. However, they are asking for $15-20K over. I've made several "offers" saying $5K over with 10% down and every one of them had said yes.

In the end I just laugh at them and tell them I'll be back in May to pick up my car for $5K less...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Dropped by the local Stealership today and they still had like $15,000 over but didn't pay much attention. What got my attention was the White/Blue stripe GT500 and matching FORD GT that were sitting out in the rain all day! Dumbasses! And boy do I mean rain. I think we only got 1.5 soaking inches today at least.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
The Dealers are ruining these beautiful cars for everyone. My local dealership on one hand has 5 08's and 1 07 and they cry on they other that they cant sell them. Ford needs to step in and apply pressure to put an end to this " I make my own prices" mentality. It wouldnt be so bad if evn at over sticker all dealers were the same but some dealers fluxuate between 500.00 over to 15K over WTF. Not only does Ford have an obligation to their dealers but to their customers to provide pricing structure.

R1Lello

Established Member
The Dealers are ruining these beautiful cars for everyone. My local dealership on one hand has 5 08's and 1 07 and they cry on they other that they cant sell them. Ford needs to step in and apply pressure to put an end to this " I make my own prices" mentality. It wouldnt be so bad if evn at over sticker all dealers were the same but some dealers fluxuate between 500.00 over to 15K over WTF. Not only does Ford have an obligation to their dealers but to their customers to provide pricing structure.

Fords part is done...........the dealer has bought it from Ford so Ford will receive their $$$. Up to dealers to sell to customers............don't believe Ford gives a rats a$$ afterwards, they're getting their money regardless

chuckstang

Established Member
Fords part is done...........the dealer has bought it from Ford so Ford will receive their $$$. Up to dealers to sell to customers............don't believe Ford gives a rats a$$ afterwards, they're getting their money regardless

Well I think they care, because if Ford dealers piss away all their customers, Ford will go bankrupt and gone bye bye

FiaCobra

Established Member
I understand about the ADM dealings and i don't like it either. I had to literally jump through hoops for 32 months and another stumbling block just surfaced. It'll be a miracle when it's all said and done. I'll save the story for a good x-mas tale.......either way, it all should be over by then. :rolleyes:

VNMOUS1

Established Member

No, that's price fixing and it's illegal. You only want it that way for your sake. What do you do for a living? Would you be happy if a company, or the government said you could only make X amount for what you do....regardless of the quality or quantity of work that you do? Ford, or whomever, could just as easily leave out the "suggested" from MSRP and initiate "fixed" pricing (different in spirit and practice than "price fixing"). Then you'd pay whatever the amount was on the sticker....even if it's a Taurus and you KNOW that it'll die in resale hell the second it leaves the lot. Be careful for what you ask.

For the record, I paid 3k over. My car was built June 26, 2006. I've been driving it a year and a half...daily...with just over 15k on the clock. It's done 1,000 mile trips and 1/4 miles passes. It's not a trophy or an investment. Yes, I'm one of those old farts (51) that is supposedly re-living my past, but I'm one that drives it. No, I didn't pay 3k over to screw you or anyone else that continues to whine in a supply and demand world. I wanted one, I wanted an early one, I got it and am enjoying the heck out of it.

Get over your bitterness and enjoy your car. Or, if you REALLY want one, go get it. Just don't be a d*ck and go cruising dealerships playing games and wasting their time. They're trying to earn a living for their families, too.

No, I do not work for or am not affiliated with any dealer. The few on the board that know me know that that I'm nothing more than an enthusiast....and an owner.

My 2 cents.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread