Price of coffee

tistan

Established Member
So one of the few things in life that I really enjoy is grabbing a coffee and a danish or scone on the way to work. This morning I go in and get my usual drip coffee and danish and noticed that price went from $6.65 to $8.88 and on top of that I tip $2.00. I already thought $6.65 was high, but almost $9 for drip coffee and pastry is in the I'm not paying it range. By the time I add tip I'll be paying over $300 a month for my morning breakfast.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Perks of a company credit card and working from home.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

robvas

Established Member
It's sad.
It's the simple things like that, that are being put out of reach for no reason, that makes life today so frustrating.

Blueberry Scones are awesome.
A case of eggs is $90 and you have to pay your employees $20/hr and rent is way up and every other bill is sky high

My problem is I can't find a place that has good coffee and good food. One or the other. There aren't any "real" donut shops in town anymore, much less a good danish or croissant.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
A case of eggs is $90 and you have to pay your employees $20/hr and rent is way up and every other bill is sky high

My problem is I can't find a place that has good coffee and good food. One or the other. There aren't any "real" donut shops in town anymore, much less a good danish or croissant.

No mom & pop cafes?

I used to love McDonald's coffee. But since they went woke, I haven't been to one for 4+ years, and never will again.

tistan

Established Member
It's sad.
It's the simple things like that, that are being put out of reach for no reason, that makes life today so frustrating.

Blueberry Scones are awesome.
It is sad. I know the owner since I go in there every day. He and his wife are super conservative freedom loving people. I almost want to tell him that going up 30% overnight is going to kill his business. Maybe the egg situation is so bad that he has nothing left to lose by raising prices.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Gas station coffee has gotten really good. It used to be undrinkable but now is on par with any of the chains at 1/3 the price

Loves truck stop coffee from one of these grind and brew machines is my go-to on a trip (bring your own mug and a refill is only ~$1.25):

lovestravelstopgascoffee.jpeg

MG0h3

Established Member
I had the best iced coffee I’ve ever had from a Circle K here about a month ago.

One of those machines with the beans on top. Grinds for each brew.

Pretty slick.

I love good coffee but **** Starbucks and paying $90 a gallon. Lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I had the best iced coffee I’ve ever had from a Circle K here about a month ago.

One of those machines with the beans on top. Grinds for each brew.

Pretty slick.

I love good coffee but **** Starbucks and paying $90 a gallon. Lol

Starbucks always tastes burned to me, and it's more expensive than MS109.

robvas

Established Member
Starbucks Americano...$2.90 or whatever but at least you know what you're getting.

Now the line in the drive through...don't have time for that shit.

Gas station coffee CAN be good but you're rolling the dice on that one. 7-11 has gone downhill. No fancy Buckees or Sheetz here.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Starbucks always tastes burned to me, and it's more expensive than MS109.
I don’t drink coffee but a buddy that is usually pretty accurate was saying Starbucks can’t get enough from the same supplier so they “over roast” it to help make it all taste the same

Users who are viewing this thread