Pretty Cool Trooper

SVTFeltonPA

Established Member
So I was driving to home today from work when I come to light at a major intersection, and right as I stop a PA State Trooper pulls up next to me with his window down and says..''nice ride!..wanna race?"..with a big ol smile on his face lol..I was just flabbergasted and the only thing I could muster up to say was..haha..I don't think neither of us would be happy with the outcome :dw:
lol..he just smiled and said your prob right..now i never even meet a trooper with a sense of humor to be honest with you but that was just to funny not to share! :)

Solopony

Established Member
I was leaving a car show on Memorial day weekend a few years ago and a cop was directing traffic out of there. It was probably getting to the point where he really didn't need to be at the T intersection anymore cause it was flowing. He looks at my car and says "whats that thing got?". I basically said not much it just has exhaust. He says " Well show me do a burnout". At this point I am like you gotta be kidding me, you'll follow me down the road. He says "this is your freebie, go ahead and show me some smoke." I obliged and had no tail after giving him the show. Coolest cop I ever met.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
there are some cool ones out there. one night cruising around i chase down a new camaro and we both stop in the middle of the road (4lane) and i ask him if he wants to race , he declines says he will when he gets his n2o installed. well of all the cars that had to stop behind us there was a cop right behind me. i take the first right i come to and he pulls up beside me. i ask him "you didn't hear me ask that camaro for a race did you ?" he says "no, not my jurisdiction anyway. cool taillights by the way."

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Back in 2004 I was at a local hardware store and there was a cop parked a block away waiting for speeders. I started the Cobra up and, of course, it barked like a big, old mean dog. In an instant the cop left he parking spot, drove into the hardware store's parking lot and stopped beside me. Before I could pull away. I half expected he might hassle me over the loud exhaust. Nope! He rolled down his window and complimented me on my car. Come to find out he used to work at a local speed shop before he became a cop. He even worked on my old '94 Camaro once. Small world! Very cool cop! :thumbsup:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
When my mach got keyed the cop that came as in love with my mach is was as pissed as me,

he went off about how some asshole had to damage my car because its nice and he cant have nice things and blah blah blah.

Then he asked if he could sit in it ect ect. I handed him the keys and told him he could take it for a spin, he didnt..

but he did fire it up and comment on the exhaust.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
cool story. most cops are cool guys and respect a nice car...

my brother is a MD trooper and I shared this story with MACA when it happened a few months back but it was a Saturday morning and i am sitting at work when my phone rings. Its my brother and he is sitting on I-270 shooting radar. He said he was sitting back off the road pretty hidden doing some work on his laptop and when he heard a supercharger whine and looked up to see a group of 8 or so terminators go flying by 80+ mph. He called me right away and told me how cool it was. BTW, he's a big ford guy. So i knew who the guys were in the cobras so i gave them a call. They said they thought for sure they were done for because by the time they saw him it was way too late. They thought he radioed ahead to another trooper to pull them over but little did they know the only person he "radioed" was me :D

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
He is just a normal guy doing his job like most everyone else.

There is nothing in the book that says he cant be friendly and like cars.

Cool story.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I was helping host a local car show this past Sunday. I put up my big canopy and told anybody that wanted to bring their chairs and sit under it, come on. One of the local LEOs and his wife came over and sat down. Well fun loving as we are my wife started telling him how my daughter knew he was a PO PO long before they got to him. She told him that she argued with my daughter that he was not because it is a COMPLETELY unmarked car except for one antenna. He said, What do you drive to take her to school. We pointed to my F-150. He said, When I see you again I will wait and pull you over in the school grounds just to see what she will do. My wife told him that my daughter (who is 8 years old) would never let her live it down with the I told you so's!! So now we are just waiting to see what happens.

nitrojunk

Established Member
ive only met one officer that was cool like that and I was 18 at the time and had my Yellow 94 GT with Saleen kit on it .. He pulled me over for no front license plate ( NJ ) and at the end, let me go and told me that I had to do a burn out if I didnt want a ticket .. Needless to say I smoke out the entire street ...LOL he gave me the thumbs up and we went on our marry way

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I was pulled over by a state trooper for no front plate, turns out all he really wanted to talk about were my wheels and tires. I've met way more cool cops than the alternative.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I was pulled over by a state trooper for no front plate, turns out all he really wanted to talk about were my wheels and tires. I've met way more cool cops than the alternative.

Typical SVTP response: He didn't pull you over to PIIYB? :banana:

:lol1:

Guess he needed some options. Was that in the Camaro or the Blue stang?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Typical SVTP response: He didn't pull you over to PIIYB? :banana:

:lol1:

Guess he needed some options. Was that in the Camaro or the Blue stang?

Blue car. Funny thinking about it, the cheap knockoff FR500s on that car got so much more attention than the HRE's on the Camaro. I was even refused service at a Firestone Tire because they didn't want the liability of messing with my "expensive wheels," even after I told them they were only $120 each :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread