Pre-dyno jitters here!

nrmustang

Established Member
Yeah a/f was like 11.7-8 until maf pegged. 18° timing and 15.1lbs boost.:cuss:

15.1 lbs of boost?? That seems about 1-2 lbs more than your average 2.76-2.8 pulley.

All cars are different, I wouldn't worry about it. If for some reason your car is a freak putting out 15 lbs on an upper only, it wouldn't surprise me that you're running out of MAF and need fuel. You might just have more power than you thought!

SVT Monster

Established Member
15.1 lbs of boost?? That seems about 1-2 lbs more than your average 2.76-2.8 pulley.

All cars are different, I wouldn't worry about it. If for some reason your car is a freak putting out 15 lbs on an upper only, it wouldn't surprise me that you're running out of MAF and need fuel. You might just have more power than you thought!
Man I hope so! 500whp would be the bomb for me!:rockon:

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member

+1
That's a lot of boost on an upper pulley only! I couldn't even reach 14 lbs on mine with same pulley. That's why he's pegging the Maf and pumps...

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
Kinda surprised she didn't put a little more down, I was on the same setup and put down 450/470 with pumps maxed at 5300 RPM and mass almost pegged with 15 pounds of boost. Put on a sct 3000 mass and 60 pound injectors to see if that would help at least get me to redline, and it didn't make a difference, going back with a BAP " should have did it in the first place" this year!

intermatic

Established Member
Kinda surprised she didn't put a little more down, I was on the same setup and put down 450/470 with pumps maxed at 5300 RPM and mass almost pegged with 15 pounds of boost. Put on a sct 3000 mass and 60 pound injectors to see if that would help at least get me to redline, and it didn't make a difference, going back with a BAP " should have did it in the first place" this year!

i wish my car looked like your car

cobra9903

Established Member
i wish my car looked like your car

HA ha!! It only takes money, they make it everyday right!!!! Just a big pain scared to drive it anywhere and leave it sit out some scared some a hole will do something to it, I work at a body shop and see it happen to many times.

BdJames

Established Member
HA ha!! It only takes money, they make it everyday right!!!! Just a big pain scared to drive it anywhere and leave it sit out some scared some a hole will do something to it, I work at a body shop and see it happen to many times.

Where at in ohio are you? Your car does look nice. Very unique.

SVT Monster

Established Member
Surprised would be putting it lightly for me. Mine actually pegged flat out at 5k rpms. A/F headed straight north. I was instructed to remove the JLT and replace the stock intake tube with a simple under hood air filter. Tuner states I would make at least 30 more rwhp. What are your thoughts on those statements about CAI?

cobra9903

Established Member
Where at in ohio are you? Your car does look nice. Very unique.
Outside of Findlay, and thanks got a lot of time into it.
Surprised would be putting it lightly for me. Mine actually pegged flat out at 5k rpms. A/F headed straight north. I was instructed to remove the JLT and replace the stock intake tube with a simple under hood air filter. Tuner states I would make at least 30 more rwhp. What are your thoughts on those statements about CAI?

I have the old version ram air kit from JLT and have not had a problem what so ever. I also had the cold air kit and didn't have any problems with that as far as tuning but took it off once I lowered the car was on the way back from a car show got stuck in the rain and the intake pulled some water in it, Scared the crap out of me so I took it off. Not sure about the 30 more horse with the stock tube but there are a lot of people that just run the intake tube and a open air filter. I think a lot really depends on the tuner, how good he is, and what he is use to working with. I would just get you a new mass and a BAP and call it a day should put you where you wana be!

SVT Monster

Established Member
Outside of Findlay, and thanks got a lot of time into it.

I have the old version ram air kit from JLT and have not had a problem what so ever. I also had the cold air kit and didn't have any problems with that as far as tuning but took it off once I lowered the car was on the way back from a car show got stuck in the rain and the intake pulled some water in it, Scared the crap out of me so I took it off. Not sure about the 30 more horse with the stock tube but there are a lot of people that just run the intake tube and a open air filter. I think a lot really depends on the tuner, how good he is, and what he is use to working with. I would just get you a new mass and a BAP and call it a day should put you where you wana be!
Thanks for the reply man. I hope you are correct. I have the SCT 3000 big air and boost a pump on the way already. Will be following up on this after the install and dyno run.:beer:

cobra9903

Established Member
Thanks for the reply man. I hope you are correct. I have the SCT 3000 big air and boost a pump on the way already. Will be following up on this after the install and dyno run.:beer:[/QUOTE

Don't know it I really helped at all as every car is different, just hope it works out for you. Let us know the results!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

With all of the custom work you have done, I'd be worried too. Car looks great in person too. Cage color is spot on too. Definitely a very well done Cobra :beer:.

cobra9903

Established Member
With all of the custom work you have done, I'd be worried too. Car looks great in person too. Cage color is spot on too. Definitely a very well done Cobra :beer:.

Thank you sir, By the way throttle body is working great!

Users who are viewing this thread