Pre-dyno jitters here!

itSSlow98

Established Member
Thanks man. 2.8" upper, JLT next gen CAI, JBA offroad H, flowmaster cat back, Fluidyne dual pass heat exchanger, SCT X3

Piece of cake, dont worry about it. Throw a built motor in your car after you blow yours up and then see how stressful dyno days are!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
LMAO!!!! I can only imagine!:beer:
What are you "expecting" as far as numbers go?

I'm curious, because I have similar mods, and I'm just trying to see how my car compares. I recently bought the car and had it tuned. The list of mods done to the car dont seem to add up to what the car put down.

I think I may have a ported blower, but he didn't mention it

Last edited:

SVT Monster

Established Member
What are you "expecting" as far as numbers go?

I'm curious, because I have similar mods, and I'm just trying to see how my car compares. I recently bought the car and had it tuned. The list of mods done to the car dont seem to add up to what the car put down.

I think I may have a ported blower, but he didn't mention it

I expect 450+HP and hope to be 475+. Anything like your numbers around 500 and I will be ecstatic!:burnout:

D-MANN

Established Member
At one time I had to drive three hours to get to the nearest tuner that knew how to tune. That was stressful. Everything worked out and i didnt have to tow the car three hours home but man I tell I was stressed the f-out.

intermatic

Established Member
Piece of cake, dont worry about it. Throw a built motor in your car after you blow yours up and then see how stressful dyno days are!

that'll be me in a couple weeks after nearly 6 months in the shop...fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and i drive her home after!

SVT Monster

Established Member
Well first off I dropped my f****in phone and busted it on the shop floor at 8:15am so I didn't get the documentation I wanted. Then I had a IAT sensor go bad. We replaced it. Then the raggedy maf pegged around 5krpms! Fuel volts maxed at 4krpms. So he set me up with a tune and instructions not to exceed 5k rpms until I get a bigger mad and a boostapump then go back to finish the session. 435whp/450tq @ 5k rpms.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Well first off I dropped my f****in phone and busted it on the shop floor at 8:15am so I didn't get the documentation I wanted. Then I had a IAT sensor go bad. We replaced it. Then the raggedy maf pegged around 5krpms! Fuel volts maxed at 4krpms. So he set me up with a tune and instructions not to exceed 5k rpms until I get a bigger mad and a boostapump then go back to finish the session. 435whp/450tq @ 5k rpms.

Posted via Topify on Android

Somethings not right if your pegging the maf and maxing the stock fuel system out at 5k rpms. Plenty of guys are making close to 500rwhp on that stuff.

BdJames

Established Member
Interesting :shrug: Did you get info such as air/fuel ratio or how much boost made, timing?

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
When I bought my car it had the same mods you have on yours. The previous owner said the MAF or the pumps were maxed and my car had a tune on it set at 5k RPM's as well. I planned on uprading those anyways so I changed out MAF and converted to return. I know its not uncommon for your MAF to max with a 2.76 upper. Goodluck in getting everything sorted out.

SVT Monster

Established Member
When I bought my car it had the same mods you have on yours. The previous owner said the MAF or the pumps were maxed and my car had a tune on it set at 5k RPM's as well. I planned on uprading those anyways so I changed out MAF and converted to return. I know its not uncommon for your MAF to max with a 2.76 upper. Goodluck in getting everything sorted out.
This is good to hear. I was really feeling like a black sheep here.:cryying:

ctgreddy

Established Member
I would say an average amount of cars the stock stuff can handle 500whp, but there's plenty of stories out there of guys needing a mafia, bap, or injectors at the 450whp level. Just all depends on the car so dont worry too much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread