Prayers for my in laws.

RSbeast

Established Member
Very sorry to hear. I couldn't imagine trying to save my dad and failing to do so. He's going to be haunted the rest of his life. Just terrible.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Adrian, my heart goes out to you, your wife, and her family. Prayers go out to all of you, especially for healing for you father-in-law. I pray that the Lord would wrap his arms around you and comfort and heal your family. Please keep us posted, and please let us know what we can do to help.

I echo your prayer that the Lord would wrap His arms around Adrian and the family, and comfort & heal them. What a heart tugging tragedy. I pray the Lord ease the pain of the memories your father-in-law has with trying to unsuccessfully rescue his dad. I choke up when I think about this.

slow06

Established Member
Update on my father in law, He is doing a little bit better, he woke up this morning and was able to kind of sit himself up in the bed. He has written more stuff down. He still is on a ventilator. They had a cardiologist come in and check his heart rate, they are a little concerned as his heart will skip a beat every once in a while. His vision is blurry, he got a scratch on his cornea, I don't know if that will heal itself over time or if it will be permanent.

They have let us visit for a small amount of time, but we are trying to make the best of it. They have been keeping him sedated so he wont try to pull the tubes out. I am sure he knows about his father passing away, but we have not brought it up to him.

My wife is going to be meeting with the insurance adjuster later today, so hopefully they can get some stuff going. It is going to be a long road ahead but with everyone's support they will get through it. My wife and I can not thank you enough for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

The grandfather is still at Stanley morgue. I don't know who will be able to identify the grandfather. I really would not want my father in law to do it when he gets better. I just think it would be a little too much for him to see.

A family member has started a donation site for them. We have been able to get them some clothes, and other little things. All they are asking for is to know people care and they will not go through this alone. Feel free to leave a comment on the site, I am sure it would mean a lot to them. You guys do not have to donate, but comments would be appreciated. Again, I can not thank you guys enough.

Hank & Mardi Kohlage Fund by Valerie Davies Smith - GoFundMe

slow06

Established Member
Father in law had the tube removed today, he was able to talk in a whisper. He did not mention anything about the fire or his dad. Seems like he is going to be alright. Hopefully we can start to plan the funeral for his dad. The grandfathers body is currently at Duke University waiting for dental records to help identify the body. My father in laws boss is going to let them stay at his lake house and is keeping him on the payroll while he recovers. We have got them some clothes and the insurance company has got the ball rolling. It is amazing to see how many people will come together when someone needs help. Again thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Father in law had the tube removed today, he was able to talk in a whisper. He did not mention anything about the fire or his dad. Seems like he is going to be alright. Hopefully we can start to plan the funeral for his dad. The grandfathers body is currently at Duke University waiting for dental records to help identify the body. My father in laws boss is going to let them stay at his lake house and is keeping him on the payroll while he recovers. We have got them some clothes and the insurance company has got the ball rolling. It is amazing to see how many people will come together when someone needs help. Again thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Just saw this post, that's great news. Also awesome to hear about fil boss letting them stay at his lake home and him being kept on payroll. Your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread