Prayers for my in laws.

slow06

Established Member
Yesterday, 2/28/14 around 6:30am my wife busted in the room screaming that her mom's house was on fire and the grandfather did not make it out. My mother, father and brother in law made it out. My brother in law was awake when the fire started and was able to wake everyone up to try to get them out, but the grandfather only made it into the kitchen area.

My father in law is at Wake Forest Baptist Memorial in critical condition after suffering 2nd and 3rd degree burns after 3 attempts to reach his father. They lost everything they had in this tragedy. My brother in law is having a hard time with it. My mother in law and brother in law said they heard the grandpa screaming for help. All I ask is that you keep them in your thoughts and maybe say a little prayer for them tonight.

Here is a link to the story.
Son tried to help save father

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Wow. Horrible news to hear. I can't even imagine the pain (physical and emotional) they are going through. Will keep them in my thoughts over the next few weeks for sure.

slow06

Established Member
Thanks for all the prayers. My brother in law and I will be heading up to Wake Forest today, hopefully they take my step dad off the ventilator. So far my step dad has been awake and has been writing stuff down on paper, the main worry right now is his lungs, Dr.'s said he had inhaled a lot of smoke going in 3 times.
Hopefully I will have a good update when I get home.

ssssnake

Established Member
Adrian, my heart goes out to you, your wife, and her family. Prayers go out to all of you, especially for healing for you father-in-law. I pray that the Lord would wrap his arms around you and comfort and heal your family. Please keep us posted, and please let us know what we can do to help.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Plus one keep us updated. If one of you have a pay pal account you are going to need some funds for travel assorted stuff and I will send you a small donation maybe others will two. won't be much but times like this small help can be big. Good luck may things get as good as they can.
Louis

oldmodman

Established Member
You have all my sympathy and good wishes.

I can't imagine anything worse than recovering from burns, and then finding out that a family member is gone and so is your home.

I hope he recovers fully and so do all the other family members.

Robert Francis

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know it's really hard for you all right now but you and your family will be in our prayers and we'll be hoping for a good recovery.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Heartbreaking man I feel for you. Best of luck to everyone in your family in dealing with the recovery

Users who are viewing this thread