power level with ported eaton

Andrew1021

Established Member
Hey guys, im trying to get an idea on the numbers my car makes since the nearest dyno is around 4-5 hours away. The dealership told me around 480 when i bought the car, but when i called steig to get a conformation on what port it had, they told me more closer to 530.

here are my list of mods.
Spec stage 3+ clutch
upgraded flywheel (brand unknown)
Steigmeier stage 5 ported eaton
2.93 upper pulley and 4lb lower
Afco heat exhanger
Kenne bell BAP
stock injectors (i believe, they are blue so i was told they are stock)
JLT intake
Bassani offroad x with borla stinger catback.

i want to get an idea of power i could possibly have.

Im going to try and get as much hp with the eaton on the car before i switch to procharger. So im thinking of buying comp stage 3 blower cams to up the HP numbers and give it a sweet sound.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I don't have a steig or a POSI but i got my car dynoed recently with a home port and have similar mods but i have 60lb injectors i only made 480. So you could see a wide variation depending on the port and just the car in general. Some of the 03-04 cobras just made more power.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Call Pete at Performance Dyno.....I saw your injectors at LVD, 39#'s for sure! ....You may need a MAF as well!!

Every figure out your problem?

Andrew1021

Established Member
ill give him a shout tim. And yes i did. It was just the FRPS... the vacuum line was soaked with fuel and it filled my intake with gas, which then dripped out and onto the frame rail, which then dripped on the ground. When the fuel hit the pavement it soaked up the dirt in the pavement and turned brown like oil would be. I went back the next day and the stuff that went on the ground evaporated meaning it was fuel. Im going to ford tuesday to pick up a new sensor and install it. then put my engine back together on the passenger side because i tore it apart thinking id find a whole in the block....

well, i guess its a learning experience.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
ill give him a shout tim. And yes i did. It was just the FRPS... the vacuum line was soaked with fuel and it filled my intake with gas, which then dripped out and onto the frame rail, which then dripped on the ground. When the fuel hit the pavement it soaked up the dirt in the pavement and turned brown like oil would be. I went back the next day and the stuff that went on the ground evaporated meaning it was fuel. Im going to ford tuesday to pick up a new sensor and install it. then put my engine back together on the passenger side because i tore it apart thinking id find a whole in the block....

well, i guess its a learning experience.

I personally wouldn't beat on that SB Cobra again until that tune is checked!! ...Those 39's have to be on the edge!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I've made 508rwhp on my Posi 2.76 upper only. OP do you have a AFR gauge? It's very important to verify your air/fuel is correct under load.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
That Stage 5 is going to hold you back. One of his worst designs. I ported my own copying Posi's design and prob went a little further. Took me about 12 hrs over a few day period. My #'s in my Sig.

y2kpony

Established Member
I just dyno tuned mine Wednesday. Made 499/511 w/stage 6 steggy port, 60s and fore stage 1 return system. I think my set back is a 3.25 inch upper. The blower has a snake bite so no need for a lower. I also have 2600 mass air and ported throttle body and plenum. Steeda intake and bassani off road x and cat back. Feels like a new car now that the crap tune is gone and there is a new one in there. Peaked at 15 pounds of boost and held 14 the rest of the way!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I just dyno tuned mine Wednesday. Made 499/511 w/stage 6 steggy port, 60s and fore stage 1 return system. I think my set back is a 3.25 inch upper. The blower has a snake bite so no need for a lower. I also have 2600 mass air and ported throttle body and plenum. Steeda intake and bassani off road x and cat back. Feels like a new car now that the crap tune is gone and there is a new one in there. Peaked at 15 pounds of boost and held 14 the rest of the way!

There is more left in your combo for sure. Either a little more boost, or E85 and timing, or both :rockon:

y2kpony

Established Member
There is more left in your combo for sure. Either a little more boost, or E85 and timing, or both :rockon:

Yeah there is more there. I'm going to hold off though on e85 until I upgrade my blower. There just isn't much of it around where I live.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Well said ..... Where's the Coupe?? :rockon:

With all this rain, at home on the lift lol. Taking it to a buddies private car show Sat. Still have not had time to replace the shot 2+. Have all the parts but not done yet. Trying to put a trade deal with the Lightning together on another Terminator. Meeting with him today. :beer:

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
With all this rain, at home on the lift lol. Taking it to a buddies private car show Sat. Still have not had time to replace the shot 2+. Have all the parts but not done yet. Trying to put a trade deal with the Lightning together on another Terminator. Meeting with him today. :beer:

Lol ... have we had rain....or what!!! :cuss: .... TVS well underway, pumped :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread