Powder Coated Goodies and some other stuff thread.....

MG01GT

Established Member
Figured I would finally post up some pics of my newest project and some things I have done to her. I recently acquired this ole girl from a fellow member here and gotta say Im so glad I finally jumped ship and got into a cobra. Been wanting one for such a longtime and I feel that the aftermarket is at a prime with these bad boys so it was a no brainer. She is a very solid car with 74K on the clock. I felt that to complete the look I was going for I needed to start with the engine bay. At first I had thought I wanted to do a wrinkle red powder coat on the valve covers, but after seeing it in person I just felt that it wouldn't flow well with what I had in mind. So with that said I went with a matte black wrinkle coat on the valve covers, gloss black on the coil covers with the letters being brushed. Also powder coated the coolant tanks gloss black to accent the new JLT high boost CAI. The biggest thing to clean up the engine bay was the blower inlet for the KB 2.2 The powder coaters were really impressed with the quality of the material KB uses because apparently casted parts such as that can tend to out gas during powder coating this part did not. Also hogged the inlet out to take the new Billetflow single blade TB, added new Billetflow idlers and used a lot of simple green and a wire brush to clean all the removed nuts and bolts and pulley bridge. Lots of things to come though guys and I will do to keep the thread up to date. 20160402_145526.jpgengine1.jpgengine2.jpg

MG01GT

Established Member
I feel a wire tuck and battery relocation is in store... anybody got some other recommendations?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your engine does look really good. Nice powder coating. :rockon:

MG01GT

Established Member
Your engine does look really good. Nice powder coating. :rockon:

Thank you much! I really am happy with how it turned out. I still need to steam clean the undercarriage and some other stuff to get the engine the way I like it, but for now I cant complain at all.

Zemedici

Established Member
Looks good! Wish you were closer, as I'd trade ya my whipple for your KB :beer: hahaha keep us updated with her.

MG01GT

Established Member
Looks good! Wish you were closer, as I'd trade ya my whipple for your KB :beer: hahaha keep us updated with her.

Thank you bud! Annnnddd man don't threaten me with a good time... ive been on the fence about going the whipple route lol

Zemedici

Established Member
Thank you bud! Annnnddd man don't threaten me with a good time... ive been on the fence about going the whipple route lol

Bahahaha you just lmk :lol: I love everything about my car, except I want the scream of the 2.2

Scream > power for me, since my commute is 2.2 miles to work. Hahaha

MG01GT

Established Member
Bahahaha you just lmk :lol: I love everything about my car, except I want the scream of the 2.2

Scream > power for me, since my commute is 2.2 miles to work. Hahaha

LOL.... I feel ya there... trust me this bitch screams lol Ill let ya know if decide to trade or not though;)

Users who are viewing this thread