Potential lead on new Shelby's (including a Superman model)

Marc

Established Member
Marc,
How do you coordinate between your UT and the KS dealer? Can your home dealer just transfer car, and then you purchase from them? Or do you go buy from the KS dealer doing electronic money transfer and fax to buy it? I have never done any out of state purchases, but looks like that might be the only way to go to get one of these cars.

Thank you,
Don

I am in AZ and ordered from a dealer in Iowa. Bought my Boss from another state too. It is fairly simple. You just ask the selling dealer to do a "Courtesy Delivery". All this really means is that they update your order to include the destination dealer's information. Your car is built and shipped to the destination dealer. You pay, and do all the paperwork, with the selling out-of-state dealer. They never see the car. Ford drop ships it from the factory to the local dealer.

Sometimes you will find that selling dealers do not want to do a courtesy delivery. There is some risk for them in doing this. The car could get built and shipped, and then you back out on the deal. They are now stuck paying to have the car shipped back to them. You might be able to alleviate their concerns by leaving a non-refundable deposit with them.

There are also problems finding local dealers who will accept a Courtesy Delivery. If you do, they very typically charge for this "Service". It is usually $300-$500. This is much cheaper than plane tickets and gas though, so it is a viable option if you can find a local dealer to do this.

Pretty much spot on. Both are my dealers are talking because I gave each other the other one's contact info. My courtesy delivery fee is $400. But, that is much cheaper than driving 20 hours, picking it up, hotel stays, and driving back.

The dealers in KS was hesitant at first because he got burned on a Lightning once when it arrived with some damage out of state and the buyer didn't get the truck. He has been working with me on making this transfer happen.

I haven't gotten to the part of leaving a deposit or paying for the vehicle just yet. Just waiting for the allocation to go through, should be sometime in the next 5-7 days.

qachargh

Established Member
Has anybody been able to put in a order without having a designated allocation? All the dealers around Houston burned their allocations on loaded black coupes when they first got them. I can't even give somebody a deposit to put an order in the system to see what happens. The most I can get is one of the sales managers told me he was going to talk to the regional rep about getting another allocation. There may not be a hard limit on production but the trickle of vehicles is really pushing the speculation. 10k standard on top of MSRP is insulting.

qachargh

Established Member
White with DIB stripes, PP, EP, Recaros, Shaker Pro. That's my color and equipment, not gonna waffle around and settle for a black on black just because some dealer spec'd a car hoping for a sale with a markup instead of waiting until they actually had a sale. I already contacted some dealers in Oklahoma and Louisiana and got the same reply I get here. Either they already sold their allocations to custom orders or they burned them so they could put them on the lot with a markup.

I will say I was somewhat complicit is screwing myself over by waiting so long to order. But I had to wait on some conditions out of my control before I could try to buy another vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread