Post your before/after long tube dyno graphs and 1/4 mile times

q6543

Established Member
......what kind of exhaust shop doing a paid install would let you leave with a leak?

Not tryin to be a dick about it, but I'd be a little sore ya know.

clc44

Established Member
It was a buddy doing it at the shop after hours, charged very little. Going up there to get it completed when he has an extra hand. The passenger side wires didn't reach and had to extend them. Anyone else have this problem?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Passenger side 02's? I hear stay away from extensions. You may have to re-drill new o2 bungs. That is preferable from what I have seen. Sounds like a mess...

cobrasnake2003

Established Member
Passenger side front or rear o2 wiring? I have all kinds of play in my front o2 wiring but the passenger side rear was really close. You can drop the front wiring from behind the intake if you haven't already. Should be more than enough there.

clc44

Established Member
They fit well, just have to make a little room for the steering shaft. No rubbing until everything settled. Taking it to get leak, wire and rubbing issue taken care of. Can't wait! For the price, a little patience and everything is good. No rubbing from the jpc gen 1 ota pipes and they're top notch.

clc44

Established Member
Passenger side front or rear o2 wiring? I have all kinds of play in my front o2 wiring but the passenger side rear was really close. You can drop the front wiring from behind the intake if you haven't already. Should be more than enough there.

That worked for the wiring. Thanks!

clc44

Established Member
All buttoned up as far as every horn working and sounding good. Ota pipe rubs a bit and tip has to be aligned but sounds much better.

scott_0

Established Member
Should I plan on replacing the flex pipe? It does seem like it's gonna rub on low areas of concrete. I assume it will either break or get a hole in it.
I have the catted pipe and they hang lower (not by much) than the flex area, they do not rub, however, on large speed bumps, my resonators on the stock OAP's rub a little

clc44

Established Member
I'm going to add some resonators to cut down on the tone during part throttle. I was thinking pypes m80, but those may hang low. Hmmmm

clc44

Established Member
The Magnaflow resonator has more fiberglass in the tube to tone the sound down.

So far my suggestions are: Use washers under motor mounts or bend header to not run on steering shaft. Try and find the pypes X without the flex pipe and enjoy. The sound up top is pure sex!!! The gt500 quads look killer. I'm going to a muffler shop and they're going to remove flex pipe, tuck all piping because there's plenty of space and add a 12" Magnaflow resonator to get the sound I want. All in all, was it worth it?? Maybe... I'll know when I get it on the dyno. I haven't laid into the throttle because of the weather and I have to datalog the car for Mike R to confirm its perfect or he'll make some adjustments. Once all said and done I'll post a clip and get it back on the dyno. I'd prob find some used kooks, arh or SW. Now if Speedmaster made a mid pipe or you can find the pypes without the flex pipe and are ok with making a bend of the header or using washers on the motor mounts it's a good deal. $525 and you have have headers and mid.
[video]https://youtu.be/Ob7Dbod2I44[/video]

Last edited:

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
The Magnaflow resonator has more fiberglass in the tube to tone the sound down.

So far my suggestions are: Use washers under motor mounts or bend header to not run on steering shaft. Try and find the pypes X without the flex pipe and enjoy. The sound up top is pure sex!!! The gt500 quads look killer. I'm going to a muffler shop and they're going to remove flex pipe, tuck all piping because there's plenty of space and add a 12" Magnaflow resonator to get the sound I want. All in all, was it worth it?? Maybe... I'll know when I get it on the dyno. I haven't laid into the throttle because of the weather and I have to datalog the car for Mike R to confirm its perfect or he'll make some adjustments. Once all said and done I'll post a clip and get it back on the dyno. I'd prob find some used kooks, arh or SW. Now if Speedmaster made a mid pipe or you can find the pypes without the flex pipe and are ok with making a bend of the header or using washers on the motor mounts it's a good deal. $525 and you have have headers and mid.
[video]https://youtu.be/Ob7Dbod2I44[/video]

What's wrong with the flex section in the mid pipe? I'm running it with no issues

Dig Race

Established Member
Pypes has the X for the stock setup, it looks the same other then no flex and no bungs for the rear o2. I did see somewhere somebody did a set of these headers with a X pipe ment for stock setup and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread