Post your before/after long tube dyno graphs and 1/4 mile times

clc44

Established Member
Hello,

I just bought long tubes and looking for some real world numbers either on the track or dyno. I still have cats so I'm expecting 20-30 hp out of the combo plus I'm going to an aed tune. Thanks for any help!!!

clc44

Established Member
What?? I've searched just didn't find a thread with what I was looking for. I want to see real gains from long tubes or long tubes and o/r x like I'm doing.

vortecd

Established Member
I couldn't find much either in my searches.

I will be doing a before and after dyno test hopefully in the next few weeks. My car has cat deletes and ford x-pipe with everything else stock. I really want to do just a header change test but it is looking like it will be headers x-pipe and full 3" exhaust

q6543

Established Member
Stock headers rock hard tasty abs washerboard style!

Ofroad x is where the gains You're looking for are.

longtubes and offroad x pipe are 6hp >stock headers offroad xpype 15hp> stock.

if stickshift, far less if auto.

clc44

Established Member
The sound alone is worth the cost. It'll help a lot more once I add the CJ intake and scj tb. Shaun posted a dyno vid of gains with headers and it was huge!!! Esp under the curve. I know they help more that 6 rwhp esp under the curve.

SCalla1384

Established Member
This is going from UPR Off Road x, stock headers too Kooks 1-3/4 equal lengths and off road x

390svs331sSAE_zps86c1e3a1.jpg

Only 5whp peak, but saw up to 18 rwhp in other areas. I could notice the gains.

Most of the gains come from an off road x. Car was a full bolt on, ported boss, intake tune etc etc

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol. Hard to feel 5 hp?

I'm actually surprised the gains start going away after 6k rpm. I thought that range is where they would really come on.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Lol. Hard to feel 5 hp?

I'm actually surprised the gains start going away after 6k rpm. I thought that range is where they would really come on.

Well if you read the post, instead of focusing solely on peak numbers, I said it was up to 18 rwhp throughout the curve.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well if you read the post, instead of focusing solely on peak numbers, I said it was up to 18 rwhp throughout the curve.

I read the post and analyzed the graph which you would realize had you read MY post.

Still a waste of money and you proved it for us so thanks.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lol. Hard to feel 5 hp?

If you know why LT gain power it makes perfect sense, it not because of the flow. If anything shorties would help peak more. The scavenging effect of LTs really help get the exhaust gases out at low RPM on N/A motors.

I agree though I don't have LTs, on my platform not worth the money or hassle for the gains.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I read the post and analyzed the graph which you would realize had you read MY post.

Still a waste of money and you proved it for us so thanks.

If you don't think picking up up to 15+rwhp through the powerband is worth it, then you will never build a fast na car. People like you have to result to boost, and still run less than stellar times. But hey, your dyno graph showed good peak numbers! Lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If you don't think picking up up to 15+rwhp through the powerband is worth it, then you will never build a fast na car. People like you have to result to boost, and still run less than stellar times. But hey, your dyno graph showed good peak numbers! Lol

Yeah....except it didn't. If it did, the number would be 15, not 5. 15 hp for a few thousand RPM hardly qualifies as "throughout" the band.

And yes.. My car is slow. Carry on

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
What's with all the asshats lately. It picked nice tq/hp from 3-6k not bad, the peak was really the least gains. If it's worth the money or not obviously is subjective.

Btw, labeled backwards?

Users who are viewing this thread