Post your before/after long tube dyno graphs and 1/4 mile times

clc44

Established Member
I think I saw that as well. I've see. A few people modify the factory mid. If installed at an exhaust shop, they could just make an X pipe pretty easy. Mine will get chopped up but it'll fit and function much better. I'll gain 2" of ground clearance. The resonators will be my worry, but that's part of being low with exhaust.

clc44

Established Member
[video]https://youtu.be/qGNIuXsULDE[/video]
Slow take off.

Should Magnaflow Resonators tone that down a decent amount? Mainly want slow take off and cold starts to have less rasp a volume. Any help is appreciated!

clc44

Established Member
After driving my car for a week or so after finding that pipe not fully connected, I must say the car sounds great! There's not much rasp and it's not all that loud. I'm still installing the Magnaflow resonators that I purchased (3" in/out, 4" body, 14" body length, 20" overall length). This will keep my soon to be new neighbors happy. Once I get these installed, data log for tune revision and the very slight steering shaft rubbing issue it will get back on the dyno. Any guesses on the numbers??

rsb213

Established Member
After driving my car for a week or so after finding that pipe not fully connected, I must say the car sounds great! There's not much rasp and it's not all that loud. I'm still installing the Magnaflow resonators that I purchased (3" in/out, 4" body, 14" body length, 20" overall length). This will keep my soon to be new neighbors happy. Once I get these installed, data log for tune revision and the very slight steering shaft rubbing issue it will get back on the dyno. Any guesses on the numbers??

Looking forward to an update.

SixPak

Established Member
I put some BBK long tubes along with their catted X-Pipe, then eliminated the factory resonators and replaced them with some 18" Bullitt glasspacks, and coming out the back through some GT500's. Got the car dyno'd and put down 389rwhp/355rwtq. Car is a '12 5.0 with A6. Put an aluminum driveshaft on it along with some rear suspension goodies, some forgestars and MT street comps. These mods alone have knocked about 100lbs off the car, and believe me it is noticeable. Trying to decide at this point weather to go CJ intake or more suspension. Kind of leaning towards the suspension, but love spanking Camaro SS's and others, so more HP is a high priority as well.

671d737a-a193-49f5-bbcb-0b75dac748bb_zpshsbrbexm.jpg

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
Well, sorry I have not updated this thread. I have been super busy. I just bought a house and I've been getting things settled in. We do not have Internet yet, nor do I have a non-Mac computer. I have to data log my car to guarantee that the tune is perfect. Everything seems fine, but I want to know that it's perfect before I put it on the Dyno. I bought some magna flow resonators to Install to reduce tone slightly. I may have to get high flow cats to pass emissions next year. I'll worry about that then.

clc44

Established Member
Once I data log the car and get my tune revision. Hopefully get internet next week ( new construction area). Then I have to barrow a laptop to datalog my car.

Users who are viewing this thread