Post up new vids and info here

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Hello Fred, et.al. (By the way Fred, do I know you from the San Diego Mustang Club from about 5 years ago or so?)

Just received an email reply from Ford. As follows:

"We are happy to hear about your interest in the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. Currently the order guide for the vehicle is not expected to be released until the date that the Mustang is available for order, on November 8th.

We have seen order guides become available a week before the ordering timeline begins, so it is definitely worth staying in contact with your dealer in case this happens for the Boss 302."

So apparently the original release date of early October has slid a bit. Good news is that we are only a couple of weeks out....

That's great news,
I cn't wait :beer:

StillIntense

Established Member
Call your dealers. Ford released the allocations yesterday (my dealer is getting two, thank goodness). If your dealership doesn't know, have them call their Zone Rep.
Good luck folks....

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Call your dealers. Ford released the allocations yesterday (my dealer is getting two, thank goodness). If your dealership doesn't know, have them call their Zone Rep.
Good luck folks....

Thanks Mark,
thats the best news I have had all day.
Fred :beer:

StillIntense

Established Member
My pleasure Fred! Interestingly, my dealer said that they are getting two regular Boss 302s, but zero Laguna Secas. I thought that the allocation called for a Laguna Seca if you rated at least one regular Boss, but perhaps not. Not a big deal for me though, I think that the Laguna Seca will be outside of my price range....

Fred, don't I know you from the San Diego Mustang Club? I left SD in 2006, but was a member of that club from 2003 to 2006.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
My pleasure Fred! Interestingly, my dealer said that they are getting two regular Boss 302s, but zero Laguna Secas. I thought that the allocation called for a Laguna Seca if you rated at least one regular Boss, but perhaps not. Not a big deal for me though, I think that the Laguna Seca will be outside of my price range....

Fred, don't I know you from the San Diego Mustang Club? I left SD in 2006, but was a member of that club from 2003 to 2006.

Mark,
I think we have met in the past but I have not been that active with the club in a while. I called my dealer and he told me he has not heard yet but will check into it for me. I am #2 on their list of 5 or 6 that I know of at this time so I can't wait to order one up.
Fred :beer:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
My pleasure Fred! Interestingly, my dealer said that they are getting two regular Boss 302s, but zero Laguna Secas. I thought that the allocation called for a Laguna Seca if you rated at least one regular Boss, but perhaps not.

The allocation memo said that a second lottery would be held for the Laguna Seca Edition cars among only dealers that would be allocated at least one car. So, being allocated at least one car guaranteed a chance at a LS and nothing more.

StillIntense

Established Member
Rob,
You're correct, I checked it last night. I'm not sure that I even want to go through the aggravation of waiting for a LS anyway. Sure would like to see the prices though.

Fred, thought I knew you.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
There was very little to tell about the top gear deal. They wanted to film VIR full of race and DE cars. They had us run a full hour from 9a to 10a. There were about 30 cars.

I ran the hour. The longer the session ran, the more comfortable I was getting. It was my first time in this car on that track. After the hour they chose about 12 cars to do some interaction with the Top Gear guys in their 3 supercars. The big Pepsi logo on my car was not going to allow me to be one of the chosen.

IMG_4829-1.jpg

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Just talked to my dealer, he is NOT getting either a regular Boss or a Laguna Seca. Apparently, not many dealers in the NorthEast are either.

There is still hope though, he said order banks for the Boss/LS are not till January or Feb. so he might still try to submit the order, or find one from another dealer and buy their allocation.

Plan B is a Boss 302 white with black, with the seats and diff, hold onto it for a few years, and then buy a Laguna Seca with low non track miles.

StillIntense

Established Member
Yup, agree. I just don't like getting jerked around when spending my money. Don't want to enter into the whole game with the LS, though I'd love to put it on a track.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
So Nov. 8th we can order just the Boss302 and then in Jan. /Feb. you could order the L/S Boss ?

StillIntense

Established Member
No, I believe you will be able to order either, provided that the dealership has the allocation. For example, my dealership has 2 regular bosses allocated, but 0 Laguna Secas. Therefore on November 8th, I could order a regular boss, but not a LS. If they had the allocation for a LS, I could order that instead.

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
P8210213.jpg

Looks like the floor is getting warm under the 90* bend at the side exhaust...pipes are dark too.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
No, I believe you will be able to order either, provided that the dealership has the allocation. For example, my dealership has 2 regular bosses allocated, but 0 Laguna Secas. Therefore on November 8th, I could order a regular boss, but not a LS. If they had the allocation for a LS, I could order that instead.

Thanks Mark. :beer:

snackpack

Established Member
Here's the what a dealer close to me is doing.

"Larry H. Miller Ford, Lincoln In Sandy is expecting to have one 2012 Boss 302 Mustang allocated to us. To make this one yours, you are going to need some luck and money. We're going to take the names of every HARDCORE MUSTANG ENTHUSIASTS that want to buy this car. Will put all serious buyers names into a hat. You can enter your name into the drawing until sometime in January (TBA). The persons that gets their name drawn will be expected to provide $5,000 deposit. This will hold the allocation for you until we are able to order your Boss to the exact specifications you desire. We cannot provide exact pricing until it has been released from the factory. The price will be MSRP plus $10,000. Hopefully we will have more information on pricing in the near future. Entries for the drawing must be done in person at the dealership."

StillIntense

Established Member
I know what I would say to that dealer: "Shove it up your @$$." What a crock. There is a Ford dealer near me that marks up EVERY special Mustang. As a result, they had a GT500KR on their lot for over two years...they sold it recently via EBay, at considerably less than they wanted. On the other hand, the dealer that most of us go to has sold at least six 2010/2011 GT500s in the last 18 months at MSRP or less. And many other Fords because they treat people fairly....

Supernova

Established Member
I know what I would say to that dealer: "Shove it up your @$$." What a crock. There is a Ford dealer near me that marks up EVERY special Mustang. As a result, they had a GT500KR on their lot for over two years...they sold it recently via EBay, at considerably less than they wanted. On the other hand, the dealer that most of us go to has sold at least six 2010/2011 GT500s in the last 18 months at MSRP or less. And many other Fords because they treat people fairly....

EXACTLY!!! The dealership closest to me does the same thing, but they're STILL sitting on their KR! :lol: That's what they get.

Users who are viewing this thread