Post up new vids and info here

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Like the title says, please post up any new and relevant info/vids here.
I for one can't wait to see and or drive this car in person. This is my new "able to afford" dream car.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
How about pics from Mustang alley at the Woodward Dream cruise?

P8210235.jpg

P8210236.jpg

P8210216.jpg

P8210214.jpg

P8210211.jpg

P8210212.jpg

P8210213.jpg

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Interesting Vid about possible price etc.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZ1sjNmdH0&feature=related"]YouTube - Inadvertent release of 2012 Boss 302 Mustang details[/nomedia]

StillIntense

Established Member
From another Mustang forum this week:

P8C = Body Code for GT Coupe (basis of Boss 302).
99U = 440hp 4V 5.0L Ti-VCT V8.
44X = 6 speed manual transmission.

The two versions:

Rapid Spec 500A = Boss 302
18B = Boss Interior Package - included.
478 = Boss Hood Stripe - included.
558 = Boss Package - included.
65Q = Painted Mirrors - included.
12B = Boss Floor Mats - optional.
97B = Boss Car Cover - optional.
458 = 3.73 Torsen Limited Slip Axle - optional.
947 = Recaro Seats / Differential - optional.
Paint Choices: CY = Competition Orange, HP = Performance White, L6 = Kona Blue, NQ = Yellow Blaze, PQ = Race Red.
Interior Choices: TW = Boss Cloth Seats, Dark Charcoal. MW = Boss Recaro Seats, Dark Charcoal.
Stripe Choices: 52C = ??? or 478 = ???
Rapid Spec 501A = Boss 302 Laguna Seca
677 = Boss Racing Pack - included.
977 = Boss Pedestal Spoiler - included.
Paint Choices: UA = Black or UX = Ingot Silver.
Interior: MW = Boss Recaro Seats, Dark Charcoal.
Stripes: Race Red.
Pricing & allocation are still pending, as are finalized option listings, but we're making some progress!

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
From another Mustang forum this week:

P8C = Body Code for GT Coupe (basis of Boss 302).
99U = 440hp 4V 5.0L Ti-VCT V8.
44X = 6 speed manual transmission.

The two versions:

Rapid Spec 500A = Boss 302
65Q = Painted Mirrors - included.
458 = 3.73 Torsen Limited Slip Axle - optional.
947 = Recaro Seats / Differential - optional.
Paint Choices: CY = Competition Orange, HP = Performance White, L6 = Kona Blue, NQ = Yellow Blaze, PQ = Race Red.
Interior Choices: TW = Boss Cloth Seats, Dark Charcoal. MW = Boss Recaro Seats, Dark Charcoal.
Stripe Choices: 52C = ??? or 478 = ???
Rapid Spec 501A = Boss 302 Laguna Seca
677 = Boss Racing Pack - included.
977 = Boss Pedestal Spoiler - included.
Paint Choices: UA = Black or UX = Ingot Silver.
Interior: MW = Boss Recaro Seats, Dark Charcoal.
Stripes: Race Red.
Pricing & allocation are still pending, as are finalized option listings, but we're making some progress!

Thanks for posting this up:thumbsup:
I can't till Nov. 8 to order mine.
Fred:beer:

StillIntense

Established Member
Exactly right. Additionally, this "draft" order guide also shows that if you order the regular Boss 302, you can order either just the Recaros, or the Recaros and the Torsen diff.
Mine will be a track car and the rear seat will be the first thing removed when it comes home. Want to race it in SCCA, but I'm not sure that I want to gut the interior...I still think that the Laguna Seca will be much more expensive than a Shelby and that rules it out as a track car for me.

Supernova

Established Member

Good info, thanks for posting! Man I wish the regular Boss 302 was available in black...

Interesting to see that there's (as of now) very few options available.

StillIntense

Established Member
Man, come on Ford release the info!!! It was supposed to be released "in early October"! We can order them in three weeks...November 8th. "We're the Boss, need the info!"

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I am curious what the delivery date would be if ordered on Nov. 8th.
I also want to see pricing info and whether or not plan pricing will be available.

StillIntense

Established Member
Nathan, from what I've already seen it will depend on a couple of things.
First, it looked to me like that dealers will get them based upon the allocation strategy that's already been published. In other words, the dealers with the most Mustang sales last year will be the first to get them, in descending order of total Mustang sales. Second, if you order a Laguna Seca instead of the regular Boss, I believe that they will be coming out later next year instead of in the spring for the first regular Bosses. Bottom line is that Bosses should start hitting the dealers probably in about May (but that is very much an estimate).
Prices should be released to the dealers at the same time they release the order guides.
Emailed Ford this morning and asked them to get off their backsides and produce the info please!

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i would not count on that november 8 date for ordering. at this point i think ford is still undecided on both price and production numbers. it certainly appears to me that they originally planned on a two year run for this car with abou 8k total produced.

my read is that they changed that plan because the economy didnt come back to a one year run of more like 2k cars, but wanted to wait for the response after announcement.
the media reviews have all been outstanding. the full stories in motor trend and such are just hitting now.

i think its not coming any time soon.

StillIntense

Established Member
Hello Fred, et.al. (By the way Fred, do I know you from the San Diego Mustang Club from about 5 years ago or so?)

Just received an email reply from Ford. As follows:

"We are happy to hear about your interest in the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. Currently the order guide for the vehicle is not expected to be released until the date that the Mustang is available for order, on November 8th.

We have seen order guides become available a week before the ordering timeline begins, so it is definitely worth staying in contact with your dealer in case this happens for the Boss 302."

So apparently the original release date of early October has slid a bit. Good news is that we are only a couple of weeks out....

Users who are viewing this thread