post pics of your 99-01!

Cobra99Dave

Established Member
Im a little late getting in on this but here goes...
front1.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

engine1.jpg

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Not sure if you meant my or 01SVT's Cobra. Just in case, exhaust is: JBA shorties, Bassani X-pipe and cat back.

Cheers

Mac99Snake

Originally posted by 99cobrablack
The tips look slashed like my bassani street comp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BreBar21
01SVT, nice ride. What kind of exhaust do you have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1Cobra

Established Member
Mac99Snake:

What do you mean that you have a 00 engine? Listed in your sig.

99 Cobra Coupe Black/Charcoal
#1383 of 4040
Born 4/8/99
- The "Fix" 9/28/99
- 00 engine 3/19/01
- A few add-ons
- SCMC #0079, SCOA #1484
- In storage til 05/31/04

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
F1Cobra,
My original 99 engine developed a knock/tick which my SVT dealer was unable to fix. The Ford representative came down, reviewed my car's repair history and authorized a replacement engine.

At the time Ford had already produced the engines for the 00 Cobra, but with the 99 hp problem had decided not to make the chassis. I suspect Ford had a warehouse somewhere with complete engines.

Here's a picture of the new engine awaiting installation. Its probably hard to see, but the date built is Jan 00. (I think...will have to look again :)) I have a closeup picture of the bar code/sticker somewhere, will have to find it.

18853713.jpg

Cheers

Mac99Snake

Maximus67

Established Member
DSCobra01 ... thanks for the compliment. I think you'll be happy with either wheel. I do have to admit, though ... while a lot of people have them, chrome 95 Cobra Rs are still pretty hard to beat. :beer:

DSCobra01

Established Member
Maximus67,

Wow, up close they look awesome. :thumbsup:

It's still a tough decision though, but I really like the R center caps on yours. They look good on a black car. And I want to do the same thing as you and run 275/40/17's all around. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your wheels from and how much did you pay for them? I think the best price I've seen is $224.50 from gefracing.com. Were you able to beat that?

Thanks again for the pics :beer:

moonltgold

Maximus67 those wheels are awesome on your Cobra. I'm thinking to go that way myself now, because they have to look just as good on my true blue. Nice ride.
Moonlt

Maximus67

Established Member
$224.50 is a great price. I paid $1100 for mine back in 99. GEFracing's the way to go ... they have all OEM stuff ... believe me, there are slight differences between replica and OEM Cobra R wheels. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread