Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

jrandy

Established Member
Took the OEM running boards off as I've never really liked them. Still figuring out what options to go with...

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 1.32.42 PM.png

EcoBoostF100

EcoBoosted F100
Established Member
That's a good looking '66 Cyclone GT. I remember this gem well. I was a senior in high school when it was launched. Back then, the 390 was a respected engine. Yours looks awesome. I'm impressed that it has original paint and interior. Original factory 390, I assume? Can you post a photo of the engine bay?
Engine or Transmission have never been out. Only things done to engine are intake and valve cover gaskets and a waterpump. Engine bay has never been restored or messed with. Still original air cleaner, carb, dist. Inside trunk looks nearly new also. Even the suspension still has all original ball joints, bushings, idler arm, The power steering has never been messed with and zero leaks.
I have the original Window Sticker, Owners Manual, Warranty card, extended warranty card, original CA pink slip/title and every registration from July 1966 to current. The CA black plate that was issued to car July 1966 is still with car and I display it on front. (legal here in AZ)
Bit dirty underhood as have not had a chance to clean it up yet. Wiper motor is off as it was never used much if at all during its lifetime. Need to clean up the armature a bit tarnished
I did rebuild the power brake booster and has new master cylinder

IMG_E5542.JPG
IMG_E5541.JPG
IMG_4126 (2).jpg
IMG_E3630.JPG
IMG_E3602.JPG
IMG_E3601.JPG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Engine or Transmission have never been out. Only things done to engine are intake and valve cover gaskets and a waterpump. Engine bay has never been restored or messed with. Still original air cleaner, carb, dist. Inside trunk looks nearly new also. Even the suspension still has all original ball joints, bushings, idler arm, The power steering has never been messed with and zero leaks.
I have the original Window Sticker, Owners Manual, Warranty card, extended warranty card, original CA pink slip/title and every registration from July 1966 to current. The CA black plate that was issued to car July 1966 is still with car and I display it on front. (legal here in AZ)
Bit dirty underhood as have not had a chance to clean it up yet. Wiper motor is off as it was never used much if at all during its lifetime. Need to clean up the armature a bit tarnished
I did rebuild the power brake booster and has new master cylinder

View attachment 1828161View attachment 1828162View attachment 1828163View attachment 1828164View attachment 1828165View attachment 1828166
I really like it a lot. You're fortunate to own this one. (y)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great photo, Don. The gray and red colors blend right in with the Fall treeline. (y)

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Motor?
Transmission?
Interior?

More details please
32BDFADF-99F3-444B-B5DC-BE8C99CEBC7F.jpeg
4EC0C749-D5F9-491B-9EDA-E034E56ADA54.jpeg
It’s got a ‘49 - ‘53 Mercury Flathead & a ‘39 Ford transmission. 2 Stromberg 97’s & a big cam. Not big power but I built it as a traditional hotrod. I did swap the rear to a new Ford 9” during the build for future horsepower if I go that direction.
Interior has all original handles/pulls on the doors. The door panels are original to when the car was built in the 50’s. The rest of the interior is all new to match those.
It’s all Henry body, no fiberglass.

Morgan

Established Member
View attachment 1828747View attachment 1828749It’s got a ‘49 - ‘53 Mercury Flathead & a ‘39 Ford transmission. 2 Stromberg 97’s & a big cam. Not big power but I built it as a traditional hotrod. I did swap the rear to a new Ford 9” during the build for future horsepower if I go that direction.
Interior has all original handles/pulls on the doors. The door panels are original to when the car was built in the 50’s. The rest of the interior is all new to match those.

That’s so cool. Wouldn’t change a thing. I bet it sounds great and is a blast to drive.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1828747View attachment 1828749It’s got a ‘49 - ‘53 Mercury Flathead & a ‘39 Ford transmission. 2 Stromberg 97’s & a big cam. Not big power but I built it as a traditional hotrod. I did swap the rear to a new Ford 9” during the build for future horsepower if I go that direction.
Flatty with a big cam and strombergs.........very very nice
c2d33a3f66ef47bdbdb37cd4d21404dc.gif

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

• Tob