Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

blk02edge

Established Member
Awesome, congrats! I used to run my Formula Ford through a team who predominately ran Sports Racers/F1000 cars. They're pretty cool pieces of kit, and I have been very tempted to have a test in one in the past - budget not allowing, unfortunately. Super quick machinery though, and being a motorcycle engine that revs to the moon, they sound mega. Just have to make sure you keep on top of maintenance, as I haven't heard fantastic things about their reliability.

Also...unless it's just a fun toy and you much prefer shifting, keep the flatshifter IMO. Part of the charm of a real wings and slicks open-wheeler. Might not be much quicker, if at all, but it'd be a lot more consistent!

On another note, I'm going to be running my FF for the first time in 2 1/2 years at a racing event next month. There's a loooong list of things to fix on it prior. Might grab a pic or two to share (and maybe an onboard after the round) for this thread. Beyond excited for it!!
I'm not new to fussy open wheels, been playing with them for a while. This one's maintinence will just add chain lube and more frequent oil changes. Possibly the odd motor swap, will be running a stock gixxer 1000, not modified. So really cheap. It is just a fun toy and when I was running the F2000 rowing gears and manually blipping is 50% of the fun to me.

And I remember you mentioning your FF, wheres the pics????? I also have a 1980 Crossle in my possession that I will be racing in vintage.

blk02edge

Established Member
Hoping for first test monday (with video of course) I have a lot of other cars to drive for people monday so mine will have to wait till last.
20210807_192205_HDR.jpeg
20210807_174404_HDR.jpeg
IMG_20210807_174331.jpeg
20210807_164224.jpeg
20210806_141042.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thanks! It's been a minute since I've been to the Rock. I heard it's a lot nice there. What did he have in it? That little car is haulin for sure!

Muscle Car races Sept 12 at The Rock, but you can always go earlier for test/tune. Shoot me a PM if you go.

The Rocks been there since '69. The new owners made a ton of improvements. Brand new timing/clubhouse/food stand/pro shop, flipped the pits to the south side of the track, spectators to north side, new asphalt, very nice. You can stand right next to the cars when they burnout and launch.
Here's an aerial pic that must be from late last year 'cuz it fully sided and landscaping complete:
Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 9.46.47 PM.png

That Falcon was N/A. Had a *408? God it was gorgeous and launched like a rocket. No squat. Just gone. IIRC, dude's from MN. He had just replaced the tranny and was dialing it in.

*EDIT 8/9: Buddy thinks it was a 572 big block.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man, that '64 Falcon's launch/run was awesome. He surely has that dialed in! Sounds awesome, too!

Mainn

Established Member
I'm not new to fussy open wheels, been playing with them for a while. This one's maintinence will just add chain lube and more frequent oil changes. Possibly the odd motor swap, will be running a stock gixxer 1000, not modified. So really cheap. It is just a fun toy and when I was running the F2000 rowing gears and manually blipping is 50% of the fun to me.

And I remember you mentioning your FF, wheres the pics????? I also have a 1980 Crossle in my possession that I will be racing in vintage.

Gotcha, sounds like you're on top of it. Have fun - let us know how the test goes today!
I DO enjoy shifting in the FF as well, so I can understand where you're coming from.

Finally, here's a photo of the car - wheeling it at Bathurst! :)

EDIT: I've never really posted a photo directly here before. Hope it works properly.

epuTpJq.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Picked up a 2000 LT80 for my little ones.. now we have the whole compliment of Zuki 2 strokes from that generation.

View attachment 1715739

View attachment 1715740

View attachment 1715741

View attachment 1715742

that LT80s are great, my cousins and I grew up riding those things. We rode the SHIT out of them. We would be up at the cabin for spring break, 1-2 months in the summer and the week of thanksgiving and they got used a good chunk of the day, every day. We still have one of em from the mid/late 90s, one closer to 2000 and then one more early 2000s. We've got a little 50cc version from the 80s as well.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
that LT80s are great, my cousins and I grew up riding those things. We rode the SHIT out of them. We would be up at the cabin for spring break, 1-2 months in the summer and the week of thanksgiving and they got used a good chunk of the day, every day. We still have one of em from the mid/late 90s, one closer to 2000 and then one more early 2000s. We've got a little 50cc version from the 80s as well.

Yes!! This little thing rips pretty damn good and hauls me around effortlessly. The kids absolutely love it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes!! This little thing rips pretty damn good and hauls me around effortlessly. The kids absolutely love it.

once the restrictor is out of the tailpipe and throttle screw backed off they definitely rip for what they are. We got stuck at the bottom of a hill first time taking one out, thankfully the little tool kit they include had what we needed to remove it. Even as teenagers we'd rip around on em like assholes, knees on the back of the seat and you can ride a decent wheelie on em

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
once the restrictor is out of the tailpipe and throttle screw backed off they definitely rip for what they are. We got stuck at the bottom of a hill first time taking one out, thankfully the little tool kit they include had what we needed to remove it. Even as teenagers we'd rip around on em like assholes, knees on the back of the seat and you can ride a decent wheelie on em

What is this magic you speak of and how do it do it?

blk02edge

Established Member
Gotcha, sounds like you're on top of it. Have fun - let us know how the test goes today!
I DO enjoy shifting in the FF as well, so I can understand where you're coming from.

Finally, here's a photo of the car - wheeling it at Bathurst! :)

EDIT: I've never really posted a photo directly here before. Hope it works properly.

View attachment 1715744
Is that a Swift? You running Kent or Honda?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What is this magic you speak of and how do it do it?

if you're saying it rips with you on it it's probably been done already. Google says it's just a washer where the exhaust meets the manifold, take it off and it should basically fall out if its not gummed up and stuck in the pipe. Supposedly one on the carb too, that I don't remember though.

Doodler

Established Member
Muscle Car races Sept 12 at The Rock, but you can always go earlier for test/tune. Shoot me a PM if you go.

The Rocks been there since '69. The new owners made a ton of improvements. Brand new timing/clubhouse/food stand/pro shop, flipped the pits to the south side of the track, spectators to north side, new asphalt, very nice. You can stand right next to the cars when they burnout and launch.
Here's an aerial pic that must be from late last year 'cuz it fully sided and landscaping complete:
View attachment 1715684

That Falcon was N/A. Had a *408? God it was gorgeous and launched like a rocket. No squat. Just gone. IIRC, dude's from MN. He had just replaced the tranny and was dialing it in.

*EDIT 8/9: Buddy thinks it was a 572 big block.

Yeah, I heard the new owners really dumped some money in it. Last time I was there they still had to single cool down lane which was really sketchy. The cobra is a little turbo 302 so I don't really race it all that much at the track anymore. Just not fast enough to keep up with my buddies, hence the Falcon. It's a twin 62mm 4v stroker on a tube chassis. That one should move pretty well when it's done. At this point, I'm hoping to get it all buttoned up this winter and make a few test passes at the rock in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread