Established Member

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
It's much less "involved" than I thought it would be. The "checkup" amounts to confirming water (still) beads properly. Yes - it's an annual requirement to maintain Gtechniq's 9-year guarantee on their Crystal Serum Ultra coating. Thankfully, all it costs is the time taking the cars to the local Gtechniq-accredited shop.

Yes - both fun cars passed.

May I ask, how many times did your car see rain in the last 12 months, and/or since its last check up?

Please don't unfriend me for asking lol

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
May I ask, how many times did your car see rain in the last 12 months, and/or since its last check up?

Please don't unfriend me for asking lol
LOL! That's a fair question. Both fun cars see precip only if I'm surprised by it, so maybe 2-3 times annually. They're hand-washed every 1-2 weeks throughout a roughly six-month car season. They're parked inside, and covered thru the winter months. The ('13) Shelby was coated a little over four years ago, while the ('19) Z06 was done two years ago.

Inferring the root of your curiosity... My wife's ('18) BMW 340ix was coated slmost four years ago. It's stored inside, but it's her year-round daily driver, so it sees harsher conditions than either of my fun cars. It's passed two previous inspections and is due for the next one in July. Based on how it beads when I wash it (which happens on roughly a monthly basis weather-permitting), I expect it to pass again. I'll try to remember to post an update when its checkup is complete, but feel free to hit me up if I forget. (Let me know if I misinterpreted the point of your question.)

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope all is good. I had began to wonder a few things about ceramic coating, but, did enough by my last question to hopefully not derail the thread.

I thought you somewhat daily drove the Shelby thus the testing to see how it was holding up. But no, good answer, I feel better now

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@1Kona_Venom let’s see a recent one Pete… quit holding out on us.

Your car is why I keep checking on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread