Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Having judged & been judged, there is ALWAYS A BIAS.
In N.J., there is an old car bias, no matter what. Owners of " newer " cars have to work that much harder, not only to get noticed, but to get awards.
You my friend are doing something right !!
Here outside of chicago all well.They are so STUPID at one of the shows,they have 13-14 GT500s in the same class as the GT350s ,thats how stupid they are.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm especially annoyed by shows that group 20th century cars by decade, until 1980/1990, after which we're all in the same class. Nothing like being in a class that encompasses every vehicle made for a 30-40 year period...
Here outside of chicago all well.They are so STUPID at one of the shows,they have 13-14 GT500s in the same class as the GT350s ,thats how stupid they are.
No worries gentlemen! As our shelby's age gracefully and as the years pass on the more and more collectible and desirable they will become.

20210905_165056_resized.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Not many people can understand the very few of us 2013-14 Shelby GT500 owners passion for there 3 pedal, solid axle, 5.8 supercharged screaming FREEDOM cars. But when the iconic legend gives it his final blessing........you better bet, your shelby is a special car and the last of its kind........Its truly the last real Carroll shelby masterpiece!

No selector switches ALLOWED!!!! LOL

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Not many people can understand the very few of us 2013-14 Shelby GT500 owners passion for there 3 pedal, solid axle, 5.8 supercharged screaming FREEDOM cars. But when the iconic legend gives it his final blessing........you better bet, your shelby is a special car and the last of its kind........Its truly the last real Carroll shelby masterpiece!

:iagree:
Spot-on, @Vinnie_B!

Sadly, there are places where self-anointed, knob-polishing "experts" deny Carroll's documented involvement to console themselves about being suckered out of ADMs on their new "supercars" by price-gouging dealers.

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
:iagree:
Spot-on, Vinnie!

Sadly, there are places where self-anointed, knob-polishing "experts" deny Carroll's documented involvement to console themselves about being suckered out of ADMs on their new "supercars" by price-gouging dealers.

It’s beyond comical that people are paying those ADMs.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If one is attending a car show, you have to know how they work:
................Judged shows usually have score cards,............pay attention !
1. Classed & judged............you compete against cars like yours.
2. Judged, open to all makes, models, & years, ...............you compete against everything.
3. Open to all makes, models, & years,..........peer judging, every entry gets a vote.
.......................I've been @ shows where the sponsors did the judging, big on the bias..

Cobra Therapy

Established Member

thats right,the last REAL SHELBY from the factory!!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll add to stupid. The judges award themselves a trophy. This actually happened to me recently and than the guy hosting cars and coffee asked why my car didn't get a trophy?. HE APPROACHED ME after and said he was sorry. I took the humble high road. The judge informed the hostess that I lost points, my trunk wasn't open. Even though I was by my car for the whole show. That judge however, made sure he got recognized. We just make up the rules as we go along lol

Or the club hosting is allowed to win the door prizes and hardware.

Top 25 in a field of 30 ain’t too shabby! Good work!

^you need your head examined. I'm glad I understand your humor though. lol!

View attachment 1747406

@Vinnie_B that car and pic make my pants twitch!

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
O yes same here. Ole Skewl Cruisers, Dixieland Cruisers, just to name a few.
And yes that same bias exists here.
Honestly I just enjoy showing my car and getting to meet new people, regardless of their brand affiliation. Always cool stories.
I feel like chevy's are the bias here in NY at shows.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll add to stupid. The judges award themselves a trophy. This actually happened to me recently and than the guy hosting cars and coffee asked why my car didn't get a trophy?. HE APPROACHED ME after and said he was sorry. I took the humble high road. The judge informed the hostess that I lost points, my trunk wasn't open. Even though I was by my car for the whole show. That judge however, made sure he got recognized. We just make up the rules as we go along lol

View attachment 1747406

Damn.....I dont even know how to reply to this........Im speechless.....:ROFLMAO:

fearthesnake

Established Member

View attachment 1747406

Good Lord, the worst! What kind of Car was that Judge driving?

He must not have gotten participation trophies as a kid growing up.

Do you have a pic of the Shelby fuel door by chance? I'm on the fence about buying one. Looks great with your color combo.

Curious how it would look on the GB and Black stripe package.

RockChalk

Established Member
Here is where I stand... I actually want to enjoy any show I have entered our GT500. I just clean her up, pay my registration, enjoy the atmosphere, the people you meet, enjoy the variety of cars present. I have always registered for the "not judged" portion of the show. I don't need the extra angst and stress. I get enough of that from the work week. I don't care what any judge has to say or decide (and dealing with their biases). If my car never wins a trophy, so be it. I don't care. I just enjoy the comraderie of car lovers and seeing their rides. Cars and Coffee are almost certainly more relaxed because of the non-judging.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Having been a judge, I always had to post a sign on my car, supplied by the people running the show, " NOT TO BE JUDGED ".
@ shows run by clubs, the club cars had to park away from the other entries, & were judged by a " popular " vote, submitted by those not in the show.
" Most " of the time, one can tell if a show is run FAIRLY..

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Good Lord, the worst! What kind of Car was that Judge driving?

He must not have gotten participation trophies as a kid growing up.

Do you have a pic of the Shelby fuel door by chance? I'm on the fence about buying one. Looks great with your color combo.

Curious how it would look on the GB and Black stripe package.
He has like an 06 GT350
My fuel door is just a sterilized fuel door
The only SHELBY branded one available seems to be for the widebody

Ill get a pic for you

Honestly, I wouldnt change it. The previous owner did on mine

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread