Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thanks to weather and travel, mine hasn't been out in a few weeks. Yesterday was was nice but, sadly, I did little more than warm her up and change oil for the winter slumber. More gravel and mag chloride on the roads than what I'm willing to deal with.
20231105_150432.jpg

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks to weather and travel, mine hasn't been out in a few weeks. Yesterday was was nice but, sadly, I did little more than warm her up and change oil for the winter slumber. More gravel and mag chloride on the roads than what I'm willing to deal with.
View attachment 1816038
Give the old girl some rest.......she put her work in this year.........Beautiful shelby my friend!!

LS WUT

Established Member
Give that ford performance GT500 of his a run for his money.......flex that shelby muscle......:ROFLMAO:
I’m unsure if you haven’t followed his build, but it’s a monster. I’ve also met up with him and he took off on the highway. It’s an absolute unit of a GT500. I’m always down to run it. I’ll post his abuse to me :D I need to get a tune on mine to get rid of that blasphemy of a “clutch prevention bog” when I go to launch it sometimes.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m unsure if you haven’t followed his build, but it’s a monster. I’ve also met up with him and he took off on the highway. It’s an absolute unit of a GT500. I’m always down to run it. I’ll post his abuse to me :D I need to get a tune on mine to get rid of that blasphemy of a “clutch prevention bog” when I go to launch it sometimes.
Yea..... ive been folllowing his build. That thing is nasty! He did an awesome job on the build. It still cool just to have fun to run it thou! This hobby is all about having fun......F--k all that getting serious racing BS!!

LS WUT

Established Member
Yea..... ive been folllowing his build. That thing is nasty! He did an awesome job on the build. It still cool just to have fun to run it thou! This hobby is all about having fun......F--k all that getting serious racing BS!!
I told him once I’m finished with my GT500 I’m gonna be looking into getting one like his since the GT350 is no longer in my deck of cards. He’s got my favorite color combo.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1816038

Well, I'll be the one to ask
Why 0-40 and not 5-50

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Why 0-40 and not 5-50

Didn’t even notice that, that’s a good question
I wondered if someone would ask. LOL!

At the risk of starting an oil debate... I like Amsoil because of the base stock and additive package they use in their Signature Series oils. That said, their SS 5W-50 shears less than Motorcraft's, yielding a higher viscosity. Amsoil's SS 0W-40 sheared viscosity more closely resembles Motorcraft's 5W-50 sheared viscosity. Putting all of that together, I've run Amsoil SS 0W-40, giving me (what I consider to be) superior base stock and additive package, along with correct viscosity for our engines, since ~2016.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Why 0-40 and not 5-50
First number doesn’t matter and if anything lower is better for cold weather. The OEM 5/50 breaks down like a 40w after a short amount of time so the 0w40 was what many of us OG owners used/use. Now they make a 5w50 it might be preferred but I also use 0w40 (usually Mobil one euro) and change regularly from E85
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I wondered if someone would ask. LOL!

At the risk of starting an oil debate... I like Amsoil because of the base stock and additive package they use in their Signature Series oils. That said, their SS 5W-50 shears less than Motorcraft's, yielding a higher viscosity. Amsoil's SS 0W-40 sheared viscosity more closely resembles Motorcraft's 5W-50 sheared viscosity. Putting all of that together, I've run Amsoil SS 0W-40, giving me (what I consider to be) superior base stock and additive package, along with correct viscosity for our engines, since ~2016.
Haha sane here. I replied without refreshing :)
I’ve done oil analysis yearly and this method is verified to work.
-J

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I’ve done oil analysis yearly and this method is verified to work.
I forgot to mention I have Blackstone Oil Analyses going all the way back for my cars too. The only potentially concerning deviation from "all good" messages was a slight increase in wear metals the year I made over a dozen race passes at the Colorado Mile and Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack. Based on how I'd driven the car, I expected the variance, which returned to normal the following year. For me, this also confirmed the accuracy and usefulness of such analyses.

Users who are viewing this thread