Post Corona

ajaf1656

Established Member
So dictators and "existing political establishments" released CV to control the population so they can retain power?

Gotcha.
How'd you come up with that from what I wrote? Haha
I'm not predicting which way things will play out. I'm not claiming that there is anyone behind the virus. I'm pointing out that there are signs of a historic change about to happen and this could be the spark that ignites the inevitable.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm curious whether the warm temps here in TX will keep this from spreading like it has in more moderate climates. I sure hope so.

Coiled03

Established Member
Assuming this doesn't all result in global economic collapse, I think a lot of good could come from it.

Unfortunately, I'm mortified that we're headed for collapse. And if that happens....I don't even want to think about it.

Coosawjack

Established Member
WE......(The USA) will become more self sufficient if not COMPLETELY self sufficient........Federal Government "Thieves" who have sold our country for personal gain will likely be exposed and dealt with.......we may return to the "Gold Standard" to temporarily isolate us further.........those of us who survive will just see what happens....time will tell and we will rise above this somehow!! :cool:

The rest of the world needs us MORE than we need them.......if handled well we could ALL be better off.....but we need the TRUTH......not a bunch of political CRAP!! :rolleyes:

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
This will change how kids are taught. Forced live stream education will rise to new levels. So many municipalities and private schools are adapting now. Parents who send their kids to school for day care (not so much) but parents that want the most for their kids, will have a choice. MARK THESE WORDS!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The stage has been set by 45 for a return of American production. Seeing how a production disruption from China and combined with how much ****ery there is in dealing with the Chinese government, I think a lot of production will eventually end up back in the US.

A VAST majority of the US' medicines are made in China... after this shit sandwich, I hope that changes.

noco5.0

Established Member
It really highlighted the inadequacies of the Gov, Media, Manufacturing, Supply chains, and general Corporate policy.

We have proof of a lot of things now
  • The market/Global economy is woven together, and as one country falls so do all the rest
  • Supply chain/manufacturing being so spread out leaves little to no room for error
  • Our medicine/health system is severely lacking
  • Our benefits/social stigma towards health is severely flawed. Too many companies lack Sick leave. Too many companies emphasized work first, health second.
  • There is no replacement for good old fashioned labor. You suspend hands on workers and you find yourself with a lot of things shut down.
  • A lot of jobs can be done remotely, which could produce better health, productivity, and general attitude towards the daily grind.
I expect to a lot of things for the better.

I think we are in for massive changes after this. Organizations that have resisted telecommuting will rapidly adopt that if at all possible. It's cheaper in many ways including not needing as much space, fewer workers comp/sexual harassment type claims, less sick leave if one person doesn't impact the whole office, etc. I would guess they can also use it as a reason to pay employees less. If we remove all of these commuters from the roads government won't need to spend as much on infrastructure as quickly and can reallocate that to healthcare. The impact on pollution from the lock downs in places like China and Italy will be noticed by the Green crowd who will view a permanent state of people staying home as a cheap solution to climate change.

I hate to say it and hope it doesn't happen but if hundreds of thousands of elderly people die prematurely I would think that would have a major impact on the solvency of things like Medicare and Social Security. It will also drastically change healthcare hopefully for the better with more tele health and less government regulation.

I think the airlines and business convention industry are in for a rough road. Employers are going to see that all of these meetings and conferences are a huge waste of time and money and i think they will be strictly curtailed in the future and things will be done virtually when possible. It's going to be a terrible year, but maybe on the other side of this some positives will come from it.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I think the biggest take away is everyone who is living paycheck to paycheck is ****ed, and maybe this will be the wake up call to cut back some expenses and have a savings.

I know a single mother making 25K can't exactly just spend less, but there's folks who are single, make 75K, don't live in SF/LA/NYC, and still live paycheck to paycheck.

Last edited:

nickf2005

Established Member
The stage has been set by 45 for a return of American production. Seeing how a production disruption from China and combined with how much ****ery there is in dealing with the Chinese government, I think a lot of production will eventually end up back in the US.

A VAST majority of the US' medicines are made in China... after this shit sandwich, I hope that changes.
The exodus, per se, of China was already happening in manufacturing. Their labor costs have risen steadily, but many were unwilling to adopt continuous improvement to combat overall increase in costs to their customers. This may not be true everywhere, but I saw it first hand. I spent a total of 3 weeks in 2015/16 working with suppliers to improve processes. At the end there was a "thanks but no thanks" and a "gift" of a price reduction worth a fraction of what we identified.
I think the biggest take away is everyone living paycheck to paycheck is ****ed, and maybe this will be the wake up call to cut back some expenses and have a savings.

I know a single mother making 25K can't exactly just spend less, but there's folks who are single, make 75K, don't live in SF/LA/NYC, and still live paycheck to paycheck.
It's sad that we, as a nation, have to hit rock bottom so-to-speak for folks to wake up to this. I certainly don't want to have to ever dip into our Emergency Fund, but it will be there if we do.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Established Member
This will change how kids are taught. Forced live stream education will rise to new levels. So many municipalities and private schools are adapting now. Parents who send their kids to school for day care (not so much) but parents that want the most for their kids, will have a choice. MARK THESE WORDS!
This biggly. How many parents are picking up their kids from colleges as we speak to have them complete most of a semester at home? Somehow when necessary, my kid can get a college degree online. Why am I dropping 150-200K, for the life experience? I think it will open the door so that anyone will be able to get a 4 year degree with limited campus attendance. I looked at a dual masters program a few years ago where you had 18 months of classes, with 3 weeks on 2 different campuses, and the rest at home or at your place of work. Wondered then how long it would be before a for profit college would aggressively adopt the model. I bet you see it this fall, and it takes student debt to negligible costs for those who choose that option. I know there are a few online colleges, but this will force it to go mainstream.

triple-s

Established Member
It really highlighted the inadequacies of the Gov, Media, Manufacturing, Supply chains, and general Corporate policy.

We have proof of a lot of things now
  • The market/Global economy is woven together, and as one country falls so do all the rest
  • Supply chain/manufacturing being so spread out leaves little to no room for error
  • Our medicine/health system is severely lacking
  • Our benefits/social stigma towards health is severely flawed. Too many companies lack Sick leave. Too many companies emphasized work first, health second.
  • There is no replacement for good old fashioned labor. You suspend hands on workers and you find yourself with a lot of things shut down.
  • A lot of jobs can be done remotely, which could produce better health, productivity, and general attitude towards the daily grind.
I expect to a lot of things for the better.
wow this is really spot on!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the biggest take away is everyone living paycheck to paycheck is ****ed, and maybe this will be the wake up call to cut back some expenses and have a savings.

Couldnt agree more.

@KingBlack will be getting that $2k free money though, so he's good.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
images(4).jpg

jaxbusa

Established Member
This has let me know I need more food and supplies at the house. Sunday I went grocery shopping, like I always do, for a weeks worth of supplies just to see empty shelves and irrational people with two loaded buggies. I live in Florida so I’m used to irrational people and panic from hurricanes. They usually fill every container they can find with fuel, buy all of the bottled drinks they can and buy batteries for things they don’t need. But this pandemic is bringing out a new level of crazy that I’m not used to.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

rborden

Established Member
I think the biggest take away is everyone who is living paycheck to paycheck is ****ed, and maybe this will be the wake up call to cut back some expenses and have a savings.

It will for some for awhile bust most will go right back to the same behavior after several months.

New phones every year, loans, $600 car payments and credit cards are the idiots way of life.

Assuming this doesn't all result in global economic collapse, I think a lot of good could come from it.

Unfortunately, I'm mortified that we're headed for collapse. And if that happens....I don't even want to think about it.

Just think if it collapses, open season on liberals will be the new sporting event of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread