Posi port swap build thread

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Bob! I finally picked up one of your shifter gaskets. Very pleased.

I'm happy that you like the shifter gasket kit. Amazing how an inexpensive mod like this can make such a difference. ;-)

And Brian, I fully agree with what you said about a returnless system. The shear number of those making big power with returnless systems is proof positive that opting for a return system isn't usually necessary within the power levels you mentioned. Many times folks go with what is popular, even if it is overkill. Some, though, just want to prepare for even bigger power down the road. Or they don't want to get too close to maxing out the fuel system.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^True Bob but over the years our "industry standard" for our fuel systems at certain power levels have changed to "oh you need a complete new fuel system". When in fact no they don't and sometimes by spreading false info we're just costing each other money. That's the part I don't like.;-)

Mystic03

Established Member
I beg to differ.

Here's my fuel system at 742hp to be exact.

Stock lines
Stock rails
80lb injectors
Twin GT pumps in a modified "stock" hat for 6 years
Bap on top of those
BAP wiring upgrade
Single modified FPDM

With close to 170 (I think more) full dyno pulls on the dyno while logging my fuel system has never even had a "hiccup" to make me need to switch.

Now I will say it's maxed but there's literally thousands of us running what I run with no bap on top of that.

Over the yeas everyone is getting "scared" and upgrading something that's been proven to work over and over and over again at 650hp and below. That's not my opinion at all either it's just what has been done.

some have good luck with it other dont...my car is over 800 have pretty much same exact fuel mods as you except i have mdmjr wich is mainly the cause i suspect but in the end returnless is the better fuel system imo

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
some have good luck with it other dont...my car is over 800 have pretty much same exact fuel mods as you except i have mdmjr wich is mainly the cause i suspect but in the end returnless is the better fuel system imo

:beer:
Oh I'll admit I've had great luck and my fuel system will be one of my next mod's. Right after I figure out a list of what the mod's will be lol.

Users who are viewing this thread