Porting Help PSRI's

SVTDSM

Established Member
I've decided to port my intake. I have searched for writes ups on doing a PSR without much luck. I found a couple of threads on porting, but nothing about shortening runner lenghts. Any pictures and/or an explanation of how to shorten intake runners would be greatly appreciated.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
nasvt is your man, he will surely chime in when he sees the thread headline, just send it to him to be done right..

SVTDSM

Established Member
Im pulling the intake now. If i cant get help with shortening runner lenghts, ill just give it a good port n polish. Im sure ill benefit either way since its a FI car. I'll try and post pics of the progress.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
nasvt will help you with dimensions etc.. and if I'm not mistaken it's better to leave our intakes somewhat rough on the inside not mirror polished..

Last edited:

SVTDSM

Established Member
Well i got it off and began porting the upper, and cut off the bottom to access the runners. Hopefully someone chimes in before im ready to weld it back up. Im suprised there isn't a write up on this already. Espeacialy when there aren't really any (affordable) intake options for these engines.

Last edited:

310pg

Established Member
Well I was hoping someone would have more info on this too. I would like to do the same, I going to be doing a c head swap on my 97 cobra, I got a mach 1 intake. I was search and found some info on it. What I think is being done is the top of the runner are being milled off, then cut at the bottom to the length of your desired needs. now that the top is milled off the extra ports are filled with epoxy. That just what I think the way the intakes are being shorten. I'm sure there differents ways thats just my $0.02

SVTDSM

Established Member
Yeah after about 5 hours of searching i stumbled on the same method. After taking some measurements i believe that method can only be used to make a 5 to 6 inch runner lenght. I wanted to do 9 or 10 inch runner lenght. At this point im just about done porting mine so, maybe ill grab a spare in the future to mess with. But just so this isn't just another dead end thread about PSRI's, someone please post some pictures or info.

310pg

Established Member
O sweet man I must of missed these thread while searching.
Thanks a lot :beer:

Last edited:

SVTDSM

Established Member
O sweet man I must of missed these thread while searching.
Thanks a lot :beer:

Same here it wouldn't let me include "PSR" in my search. Im going to try to grab a spare and do a PSRI with my motor build. Atleast then ill be able to take advantage of the added rpm potential. Thank you for posting the links.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread