Porting a Whipple?

04torchred

Established Member
Any volume increase will help the blower. Mine looks damn near the same as 357cstang. Now that I have it on the car I would go bigger on the outer edge of the elbow towards the passenger side fender. When I pull the blower down the road to ass larger injectors I will do this and maybe add a bigger throttle body if they prove to help a ton.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Any volume increase will help the blower. Mine looks damn near the same as 357cstang. Now that I have it on the car I would go bigger on the outer edge of the elbow towards the passenger side fender. When I pull the blower down the road to ass larger injectors I will do this and maybe add a bigger throttle body if they prove to help a ton.

Yours looks better, and the only reason they even look the same is because this guy showed me what to do. :rockon:

After putting it together I came to the same conclusion on making the outside edge toward the PS fender larger. Luckily I already have 75lb injectors though. :banana:

04torchred

Established Member
Yours looks better, and the only reason they even look the same is because this guy showed me what to do. :rockon:

After putting it together I came to the same conclusion on making the outside edge toward the PS fender larger. Luckily I already have 75lb injectors though. :banana:

Well it gives us something to change later on. My stock motor will eventually give in and then when it gets built bigger I can make the inlet bigger and spin the piss out of this blower.

That must have been a nice guy to show you what he did :-D

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Well it gives us something to change later on. My stock motor will eventually give in and then when it gets built bigger I can make the inlet bigger and spin the piss out of this blower.

That must have been a nice guy to show you what he did :-D

I've already get the built motor... I could use some ported heads and cams though. :shrug:

When does it stop?!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm going to have mine mocked up and ready for weld latest the end of next week. I'll get some pic's of it also.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Going out for weld tomorrow and will hopefully have it back the end of next week lol. Made a plate for the bottom and a plug for the bypass to hopefully keep it from warping. The next one is going to be done a little different but will flow close to the same as this one. I got ahead of myself just a little.

Whippleinlet011.jpg

Whippleinlet014.jpg

See I did listen to you guys and the hole was to find out how thick it was.
Whippleinlet015.jpg

Whippleinlet.jpg

Last edited:

wrenchturner04

One of 281
Established Member
brian, when you get the elbows down to a science i will send you mine...i will let someone else go through trial and error first, and pay them for expertise.

by the way, is there silicone or gaskets on the back where the elbow attaches. reason i am asking i bought my whipple used from a member on here and it is full of oil from the car it was on (no filters on the PCV lines) and i also would like to repack those rear bearings with fresh grease before i put it all on. what oil are you guys running in your whipples?

Whipples can use 3 types of oil as recommended by Whipple themselves
1. Ford S/C OIL
2. GM S/C OIL
3. Whipple S/C OIL

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
End of next week?Dang POSI,Where are you having it welded?California?LOL Do you not anybody local? I may be a little closer and wouldnt care to tig that up for you.

I'm just outside Louisville and it's going to T&R Welding in Dayton. They used to do all of our welding on injection mold's we had to have welded. They welded my plates on my Eaton also. I trust them very much. Look at the inside of the boost bypass.:rockon: I'm not saying you couldn't do it but I can't leave them lol.

finishedraceport009.jpg

Last edited:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
good luck posi keep us updated on the results u seem much more open to ideas and customer friendly than other porters ive dealt with for sure

96tangcobra

Established Member
I'm just outside Louisville and it's going to T&R Welding in Dayton. They used to do all of our welding on injection mold's we had to have welded. They welded my plates on my Eaton also. I trust them very much. Look at the inside of the boost bypass.:rockon: I'm not saying you couldn't do it but I can't leave them lol.

finishedraceport009.jpg

Its o.k. I just didnt know if you had problems finding a professional welder locally.They do good work no doubt.Just offerin to help a brotha out:thumbsup:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I know you were and thanks. We've been using them for about 20 years. It shippped out today.

I'll keep everyone posted and thanks for the opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread