Ported Eaton Satisfaction Survey

How Satisfied Are You with Your Ported Eaton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I've searched and read about porting and trying to gather any additional information from ported eaton owners, as I'm wanting to port/pulley combo my '03.

I'm aware a certain percentage believe money is more wisely spent on a twin screw, but I'm not wanting to boost my motor into the upper teens or the 20's

So, please comment on how satisfied you are with the performance of your port job. If there are any issues that you experienced that you are unsatisfied with such as poor idle, smooth driveablility, reliablilty, or any other undesireable side effects, what were they..

Thanks

Last edited:

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I love mine. I have the stage 5 and it surprised me when I went from my stocker.I would love to get my Plenum port matched, i just dont have the funds with it being christmas right now.

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
I'm happy with my port, just not with my numbers. I don't believe it is the port that is causing the inability to reach the number I am after.

All in all I am happy with it...and will be sending mine off for an update this winter.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I was expecting more of an increase from my 2.8 non port set up. 465hp/481 trq dynojet STD with 2.8 non port with 23^ timing by a not so good tuner. Went to Lund after the port install with 2.76/2# (2 weeks later went to 2.93/4# as per his suggestion and said I don't need to have him retune) with a 480hp/517 mustang dyno on 18^ max timing. It felt good, but I went from a ragged edge tune with no port to a super safe tune with the port so it was a slightly a moot move. Later spoke to Lund and he sent me a file with 1.5^ more tune = 19.5^ total and the car feels quite a bit better. No dyno since that though. I was getting belt slip initially too which is why the pulley config changed.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I am very satisfied with my ported eaton. I went from a 3" upper, non ported to a stage 3 steggy with a 2.65" upper.

I picked up 57rwhp and 42rwtq peak to peak. it was a gain of at least 40/40 from 3500-6500.

lococobra03

Established Member
Stage 3 +2.76 + 3lb lower = 480/480 18 degrees of timing. Very satisfied.

Stage 3 + 2.76 + 3lb lower + 100 shot = ? I dont know yet, but Im fixing to find out.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I was expecting more of an increase from my 2.8 non port set up. 465hp/481 trq dynojet STD with 2.8 non port with 23^ timing by a not so good tuner. Went to Lund after the port install with 2.76/2# (2 weeks later went to 2.93/4# as per his suggestion and said I don't need to have him retune) with a 480hp/517 mustang dyno on 18^ max timing. It felt good, but I went from a ragged edge tune with no port to a super safe tune with the port so it was a slightly a moot move. Later spoke to Lund and he sent me a file with 1.5^ more tune = 19.5^ total and the car feels quite a bit better. No dyno since that though. I was getting belt slip initially too which is why the pulley config changed.
Nutty, I have my 93 octane street tune at a safe 22 degrees and my 101 octrane race tune at 25 degrees. More timing on your street tune would make a significant difference. Here's one of my dyno graphs with 21 degrees (blue), 24 degrees, (red), and 25 degrees (green). Air/fuel for all three pulls was unchanged at 11.6-11.8.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I don't disagree Dwight at all. Jon likes his tunes really safe. Safe is good, but I would have thought 21 degrees. I have not tried to see if he left it unlocked for me to adjust up a few though.

But to the OP; no ill effects; drives like stock and the scream they make is awesome!

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
2.93/4lb lower, stage 4 port=500rwhp, 515rwtq. im changing some things this winter. im looking for 525/525. im very happy with my port.

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I won a Stage IV port and love it,a word of caution though,dont swich to a free flowing exauhst unless you are planing a lower too. I did a off road x and glasspacks and lost torque,had to co back to cats.

TRBO VNM

I don't disagree Dwight at all. Jon likes his tunes really safe. Safe is good, but I would have thought 21 degrees. I have not tried to see if he left it unlocked for me to adjust up a few though.

But to the OP; no ill effects; drives like stock and the scream they make is awesome!

+1, I forgot dwight was a dyno racer...lol j/j

with the gas the way it is these days and ethenol being added, I would rather have a couple degrees less timing for my street tune and be very safe and still make good power instead of being closer to a very hot street tune file and take the risk. I will leave the big power tune for the track and higher octane fuel where it counts.

to the OP, I have a stage 3, 2.76 upper only and making 515/498 on my street file and 530/515 on my race file, but that was with 110 octane fuel. if I put c16 in, I add a couple percent fuel and couple degrees of timing.

street tune is 19*, race tune is 23* and then with c16 I go to 25*. all 11.5-11.7 a/f

I am very happy with my stage 3 and track times.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I'm very happy with my ported blower. Next to the nitrous it has been by far my best bang for the buck on the car. I pick up a barely used Stage 3 around 3 years ago with a trade for my stock blower only coming out of pocket a few hundred dollars. At the time the car had a 2.90 RR upper only and made 440/440, just with the addition of the ported Eaton power jumped to 507/472 on the same tune. Then the next summer I swapped to a 2.75 upper and power jumped to 515/495. Very soon after I swapped midpipes to a off road prochamber and picked up another 5rwhp/2rwtq jumping power to 520/497. This past January I installed a 4lb lower to my upper and power jumped yet again to 550/546. The car runs its ass off at the track and on the street and I have no problems with "heatsoak" or "overspinning", I couldn't ask for more.

I won a Stage IV port and love it,a word of caution though,dont swich to a free flowing exauhst unless you are planing a lower too. I did a off road x and glasspacks and lost torque,had to co back to cats.

I strongly disagree.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
i'm running a 2.8 upper only and made 441/444. the Stg 4 is sitting in the garage wating to go on. i was on the fence myself about doing the port, but did alot of research and found out what everyone is saying here. its worth it. no issues at all.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Been running a stg 3 and I'm very happy with it. Great bang for the buck. Completely different car when pullied/ported up. This is about the limit traction wise for the streets. DRs are really needed, especially when cold outside. Add spray and hold on!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
+1, I forgot dwight was a dyno racer...lol j/j

I am very happy with my stage 3 and track times.
Ohhhhh, real cool TV, calling me a "dyno racer". Especially coming from someone I had to talk in to running an Eaton at the track!!! Here's MY "dyno racer" list!!! :lol:

EATON 1/4 MILE 130 MPH CLUB (Non-nitrous)
BADASS03SVT............132.50 (Auto/SRA)
F8LSNAKE..................132.00 (6spd/SRA)
Rice Eatr...................131.18 (6spd/SRA)
Soap.........................130.80 (6spd/SRA)
Stinkapuss.................130.62 (6spd/IRS)
IronTerp....................130.45 (6spd/IRS)
sonic03snake..............130.35 (6spd/SRA)
Almo.........................130.34 (6spd/SRA) (non-ported!)
F8LSNAKE..................130.14 (6spd/IRS) (non-ported!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread