ported blowers

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Ok getting stwg stage 8 venom cooler and 2.4 pulley. My question is what did you guys run or what are you currently running in regards to ..
Plug type and gap
Timing
Afr
Was told shold be at 23 * but that seems high .im gonna be running 93 octane. Thanks

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
I'm at 13.5 psi. Give it take depending on weather. 2.93 and 4# I run tr6's @ .028 with 99-01 heads timing is 17* with 91. I tuned with 94 in the tank and my tuner would not run more timing then 17 with the eaton. They make a ton of heat and timing above 20 spinning it that hard can be a gamble. What are your cooling mods? These things are sometimes better spun slower. No point in making 16#'s plus if it gets soaked immediately

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you haven't placed your order do not get the venom cooler as it does nothing for snout longevity between rebuilds. It also does nothing to cool the air (IAT2's) below your blower going into the lower intake.

Last you WILL have slip with that small of a pulley. I wouldn't recommend going smaller than a 2.8 or a 2.76 for fear of it slipping a month or a week after you install that small of a pulley. It is going to slip.

Last you can run 23*'s of timing on 93 octane if you have a great Tuner that knows what he is doing.

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Blower is there supposed to talk with tthem this weak and see .so whatbdoes the venom cooler do and the 2.4 it supposed to have a machined grove for no slip. Thanks for info

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
What Brian said was right on point. Don't bother with the venom cooler nor the 2.4" pulley, it's just going to slip. Go with a 2.8 or 2.9 pulley and a lower if you want to spin the blower harder. Plugs should be fine gapped at .032, 22-23* of timing is perfectly fine, and afr should be mid-high 11's.

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Tanks for the advise on the blower stuff i will try and call forst thing tomorrow and see if they have started work on the blower .it did need rebuilt think it was from the compound boost set up it was on beforw i got it .it was a.stage 4 .they give you a discount on front drive rebuild with the cooler and i like it .and i dont wanna run a lower inhabe a 2.76 on a stock eaton now might use instead of the 2.4...if you have face book pm me your name and i will send you all a friend request
Thanks again

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Blower is there supposed to talk with tthem this weak and see .so whatbdoes the venom cooler do and the 2.4 it supposed to have a machined grove for no slip. Thanks for info

The Venom Cooler was my idea and I never made a prototype to test it because it just won't do anything. There is a thread on mod fords with me discussing it about a year before it came out. All it does is supposedly cool the snout but snout rebuilds ARE NOT a problem with these blowers. It will do nothing to save the snout and if you call Eaton themselves they will tell you to also skip the Venom Cooler as well.

Unfortunately for you you're at least in for a rebuild since it's there but I would skip out on upgrading the blower for more power. There isn't any more to be found over that Stage 4.

s351

Established Member
2.4 is way to small as stated already. Cut as many grooves as u want into it. Steg will have a stage "18" port out next year and will make even more power.... Not!! Save your money and listen to posi! Unless you like wasting it.

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Work had already been done so its on its way back .thanks for all the info .hopefully it will all be ok if not tou live and learn and get warranty work .

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
First thing I'd do is take that 2.4" pulley off because it's going to slip. Whether you know it or not it's going to slip and if it somehow doesn't slip on day 1 it's going to start slipping shortly afterwards. Maybe the 2nd day, a week, month, or a few months but either way that's the reason you're going to be replacing belts prematurely.

Users who are viewing this thread