Ported blower + 150 Shot

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I'm about to buy zex black out nitrous kit, with all the acc to keep it nice and safe. All together right now I'm looking at dropping right at $900 for everything I need. Right now I have ported eaton, dragon t/b, bassani exhaust, kb bap, 4.10 gears. I think I'm going with the wet kit but my question is what fuel upgrade will I need? As far as I know I have stock injectors and pumps not sure as I brought the car the way it is. I want to double check before I order this kit Thanks.

ctgreddy

Established Member
if you're at 508 imo you should have had to do some things to the fuel already. for a 150 shot you're gonna need prolly upgraded pumps and a bap along with either a modified fpdm or dual fpdm's. you will be ok with that, wont need injectors since you're doing a wet kit.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Cool, I already have a boost a pump though. This is my first getting in the nitrous field but this is the game plan so far.

Ported Eaton
Dragon Throttle Body
Bassani Exhaust (No headers)
Bigger Intake
KB Boost a Pump
Stage 3 clutch.
Might be adding Headers also if that matters.

Nitrous Kit

Zex Black Out Kit
Bottle Heater
Blow down tubes
Bottle pressure guage

Anything you would add or take away from the kit? Thanks

Last edited:

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Gt pumps are expensive I see and once you upgrade the fpdms your right at the cost of lethal budget kit. Whats the limit on the budget return system anyway?

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
with the pumps it comes with probably 650-700 and then you need to upgrade the fuel line and pumps, past 800 probably the rails. It won't matter on my car because I have a standalone for the spray so my fuel setup is only going to be handling the 2.3 whipple on 93 octane (under 20psi)...down the road I plan on getting a bit more aggressive with the setup...only reason i went ahead and swapped the pumps for 405's (400 walbros). If you want to do it right without worrying about the fuel system just buy an NX SAFE and you won't need to worry about fuel issues...at the very least I would recommend you go to 60lb injectors.

EDIT: cheapest safe way out for you would probably be a simple injector upgrade...when my car was on the 39's with modded fpdm and bap the fuel pumps were at almost 100% duty cycle which is a huge no no this was on a 75 wet shot...the 60lb injectors should bring that back down to the 80% range. That way you can spray now and then figure out later what you want to do later....but if your gonna go this route start with a 75 and see where that puts you...a 150 would probably pull too much fuel and blow your engine.

Last edited:

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
^^^ Yeah I'm def not trying cheap out, If I have to upgrade the fuel system I will. I just wasn't 100% sure. I'll look into the lethal budget kit since like I say its pretty much the same price, and I'm check out the nx safe you mentioned.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
i have a ported eaton with 175 nos plate kit 60lb injectors and a kb bap with stock pumps pulling from the rail and has worked great for 2 years now with no issues.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I'm assuming I already have 60lb injectors since they are all black. Based off what I've been reading stock 03 cobra injectors are all blue? If so that's more money I can put somewhere else.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
yes bone stock motor it has 101k miles on it. yes it is a wet shot, just check the numbers on the inj to be sure. yes blower it made 518 and 543 and spray 701 and 780. also just so you no thats pump gas 93 octane.

Last edited:

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
^^^^Thats impressive man, and I'll try to find a number on the injectors. Thanks for your input it clear some things up for me.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
As far as tuning goes, is it just pull some timing and watch the af with the wet kit, or do I need to get it on the dyno?

oem

Custom User Title
Established Member
yes bone stock motor it has 101k miles on it. yes it is a wet shot, just check the numbers on the inj to be sure. yes blower it made 518 and 543 and spray 701 and 780. also just so you no thats pump gas 93 octane.

My new hero lol, makes me feel better about stepping up on mine.

Rossim22

Established Member
i made 665whp and over 700wtq on a posi ported blower with a 140 shot, 2.8upper/4lb lower. Fuel mods were dual GT pumps, modified fpdm, and kb bap.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I'm adding meth also so that should take care of running 93 octane for me. Thanks for any information you guys provide it helps out.

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I'm surprised we don't hear about more people running bigger shots with the eaton? With the right fuel system to back it up I don't see the issue with a big kit? These motors make retarded power with big blowers or turbos so why not the small torquey blower with a bunch of juice to keep things cool on top of the big power jump?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread