Ponies In The Smokies: March 29th to April 1st 2017

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I posted this up a while back when we first announced the event, but I wanted to share it again now that it's getting closer! Hope to see a bunch of you guys there!

T5 Productions aka The PITS Staff has attended a lot of car events of various magnitudes over the years(Car Shows, Cruise-ins, Track events, Driving events, the Hot Rod Power Tour, etc.). Our goal is to inject what we think are the best aspects of each into one event and grow it from there!

Below are some of the details behind what we have planned for this inaugural event:

The Shine Run(Wed/Thu driving event): This region of eastern TN has some of the best roads for those if us that like to turn left and right over and over again! Much like the Harley guys that do poker runs, the Shine Run is a series of waypoints(typically 5) where a poker card is drawn at each destination on the way to building a poker hand. Best hand(s) win prizes. In this case we have 6 stops, either car themed or for the purpose of getting on some epic drives. We're given you two days for this self-guided tour(Wed/Thu) which allows plenty of time to complete AND soak up some of the area attractions. There will be several prizes from sponsors to give out and we'll award as far back as we have prizes for!

Kick-Off Party(Wed Evening): Located at the Hard Rock Cafe in Pigeon Forge from 5pm-??. Sponsored by Thunder Road Distillery, this is a mini-cruise-in for our early birds welcoming them to the event. Discounted food and beverage inside the Hard Rock with music and hoods up outside!

The Shine Run Party(Thu Evening): Located at Quaker Steak & Lube in Pigeon Forge from 5pm-??. We need to collect the Shine Run cards with the documented poker hands, so what better way then another party!! Sponsored by SVT Performance we will have discounted food and beverage inside QS&L with music and hoods up outside in a very unique parking lot down "under the bridge"!

The Car Show(Fri): Day 3 brings everyone to the Sevierville Convention Center where inside the 108,000 sqft exhibit hall will be special display vehicles, vendors and concessions. Outside will host the car show, an onsite mobile Dyno and Swap Meet. One of the large roll-up doors will remain open to allow easy access in and out all day!

All-Ford Cruise In(Sat): The final day is back at the Convention Center with parking on a first come, first serve basis...but not just Mustangs this time! This is open to all Fords which will add some very cool vehicles into the mix. Eastern TN has a massive car culture and we believe the locals will pack the house with us on Saturday! Participants will have another day to enjoy the vendors, display vehicles, dyno and swap meet until awards at 2pm.

Special display vehicles at the Convention Center(2-days secured inside the convention center)
We are compiling all 54 years of Mustang in a single line-up. These will be as close to stock/factory examples that we can locate(recurring and therefore building each year). Hard tops, Verts, GTs, 6-cylinders, Boss's, Mach's, Shelby's, Roush's, etc. The MCA has signed up for PITS and will provide a modified judging format for those participants. There are other display vehicles planned along side "The 54" as well.

Vehicle eligibility for Shine Run and Car Show: All Ford Bodied Mustangs/Cougars, Fox Chassis Cars and SVT Products

*Shine Run is $20
*Car Show is $30
Cruise-In is $10
Spectator Parking is $5/car
Spectator Entry is $5/person (12 and under free)

*Registering for either gets you and one passenger into the Cruise-in, each additional passenger is $5 each.

The host hotel is Stone Hill Lodge that is attached to the Convention Center. Very family friendly with the area's only indoor water park.
PITS has a discounted room block, Tue/Wed/Thu $159/night...Fri/Sat $199/night
However, there are dozens and dozens of various accommodations in the area(motels, hotels, cabins and villas) for all different preferences and budgets.

Full details and registration at http://www.poniesinthesmokies.com
Email: [email protected]
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/poniesinthesmokies/
Facebook Discussion Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/poniesinthesmokies/

There are several other unique details to this event that you'll just have to come see for yourself!

Register online now to reserved your spot and then head for the hills in late March!!

D7F415F4-2E7C-415F-8D07-7CAD90AB4AC1_zpsqg2vhte4.jpg

(Note: There is a location change for Day 2 as mentioned above to Quaker Steak & Lube)

image1.png

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Figured a BUMP would be good... it's next week and haven't seen much discussion on here. How many are going??

DaBigBone

Established Member
I've been on the fence about this for a few months... I think I'm going to sit this year out

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I would LOVE to go to this.... since the whole Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Seveirville area is probably my favorite in the world. Just too many things going on for us during this time of year, this is pretty much our only "down" weekend lol

omj

Established Member
How does the swap meet work? I just bring my stuff and a table and hope to unload it?

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Bristol street fights season opener is Saturday, I'm trying to decide which event to hit, maybe both if I got the time!!!! I'd love for this event to grow like Mustang Week then I'll be able to raise my hand in twenty years saying my wife and I were there for the first one!!

Someone post up how attendance is looking for Friday/Saturday.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know longer have a Mustang, but I'd love to have attended this great event. Just too far away. Have fun everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread