poll: which car would you pick???

which car would you pick if you had to???

• 2005 wrx

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • 2005 wrx wagon

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • 2005 srt-4

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • 2005 gti vr6

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • 2004 r32

Votes: 33 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I personally would stay away from the WRX. I knew a guy who had one (sedan) & he said its true what they say, the transmission are like "glass".

Jesus christ. I don't know where this rumor got started. I know several people with them. They're just fine. But they're rally cars, not dragsters. As long as you're not trying to launch them at 5000 rpm by side-stepping the clutch, they'll stand up to most "normal" sports car abuse with no problems.
They get about 20-22mpg in mixed driving, so they're not that much better than a Cobra. That said, they are a BLAST to drive. Very nimble and tossable. The wagon weighs about the same as a 99-04 Mustang GT.
It won't have the same squash-your-eyeballs acceleration as your Cobra, but then you can "play" with it in rain, snow and dirt.
I seriously considered getting one for my DD.

Last edited:

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
Have you ever considered a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP?
They get decent MPG and they can be brutal with that Roots sitting on top screaming.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
R32 overall better than the rest ( interior / nicer ride quality / looks ) the vw's have beautifal paint colors. but the paint seems to rub off on the side skirts and rear fender infront of the wheel well.

Black magic pearl < i have a BMP gli and the color is absoluty amzing in the sun and at dusk. ( it has blue,green,silver band purple metallic in the black base and is the best color black ever.

tornado red. < sick on the R:.

deep blue metallic < flagship R:. color

and reflex silver.... ehh

. you will be able to mod the wrx for less money.

but an R32 with an apr turbo kit would be bad ass. get the R:.

THEWOODKING

my cobra really sucks with gas...i get about 170 miles a tank at the most..... as for the gtp i dont really like the body shape.....in the wrx i figure about 318-430 miles per tank a lot better with these bullshit gas prices

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I say R32 but you also have to think about the octane requirments for most of those cars. I'm sure the boosted cars require at least 91 and the others may "recommend" 91 or higher. Just something to consider.

Cobra84

Established Member
Voted for the Subaru . I might be wrong, but i don't think they get that great of gas mileage either. Couldn't even thing about voting for the wagon or the SRT-4

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
The srt10 has the most potential mod for mod and expensive wise. But i would take the r32, just go drive one, it may not be the most powerful of the group but the sounds and the experience are amazing. Not to mention the r32's hold their value well.

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I have had an STI and an SRT4

I say SRT4 simply because of the gas mileage and being so easy to mod. Reliability is very high on these also. I worked on a half dozen SRT4s down here and these guys would beat the dog shit out of these cars and they took it with a smile.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
yeah but look at his mods. im sure those 4.30's are really helping out with the gas MPG. i know how you feel though. my work truck, '96 F-250 5.8L gets 190 to 16 gallons all hwy. im in the market for a 4 banger.

it depends on what your looking for really. are you planning on modding it at all or no? cause if so, SRT-4 would obiviously be the choice i'd say. you also live in CA, don't really need the AWD platform. SRT-4 has 4 doors, and its pretty roomy as well.

it is a neon, but they can be done up real quick if thats what your looking for.

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I have an 04 WRX wagon and had an SC 98 VR6 GTI and almost bought a R32.

R32 all the way. They are reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyy fun to drive and will outhandle the Subies. The interior rocks and they are unique.

The skittle looks like hammered cow pattie and so do the Subies. VW has styling, but if you beat up on the VW, it will beat up on your wallet in repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread