poll: which car would you pick???

which car would you pick if you had to???

• 2005 wrx

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • 2005 wrx wagon

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • 2005 srt-4

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • 2005 gti vr6

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • 2004 r32

Votes: 33 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THEWOODKING

gas prices are on the rise and i cant afford to fuel the cobra, but i would like to still have some performance..... let me know what car you would choose if you had to choose from the following cars....

2005 wrx

2005 wrx wagon

2005 srt-4

2005 gti vr6

2004 r32

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Between the WRX and the R32. The R32 is rare and has a nice interior and an awesome sounding engine with pretty good overall performance. It has VW reliability though....

The WRX is a tiny bit faster and will probably be cheaper. Its also better on gas (The R32 is a V6). I've heard the transmissions are fragile though.

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
skittle.

standard wrx has a junk tranny. turds and crappy gas mileage for a 4 banger.

the VW v6's are turds.

the srt-4 gets the best gas mileage of them all and minus the FWD, has the best mod potential. basic bolt ons = high 12s @ 110+ on a street tire. big turbo = high 11's @ 120+. just require better drivers.

92z28

Established Member
Some of those cars get no better MPGs then a Cobra. I would go with the skittle since its a peppy little car thats economical.

AAG

Established Member
None of those vehicles are great on gas mileage but I'd say the SRT-4 would probably be your best bet. I think they can get almost 30 mpg if you stay out of boost.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Some of those cars get no better MPGs then a Cobra. I would go with the skittle since its a peppy little car thats economical.

Ditto. None of the cars you listed get good gas mileage.

That's like saying I'm selling my F-150 for a Silverado because of gas mileage.

zlocke17

Established Member
keep the cobra and buy a beater with a 4 banger to be a dd and only drive the cobra when you want to. thats what im about to do because i just cant bring myself to sell it.

THEWOODKING

well compared to my shitty gas mileage in my cobra...these cars actually do about double the mileage....cant afford to have 2 cars....i think im leaning towards the wrx or wrx wagon....which would be a better choice?? the wagon is actually faster, lighter, and holds more cargo

92z28

Established Member
well compared to my shitty gas mileage in my cobra...these cars actually do about double the mileage....cant afford to have 2 cars....i think im leaning towards the wrx or wrx wagon....which would be a better choice?? the wagon is actually faster, lighter, and holds more cargo

You mean to tell us that your Cobra gets single digit MPG? Those AWD turbo cars barley get 20 MPG under real world conditions.

AAG

Established Member
I personally would stay away from the WRX. I knew a guy who had one (sedan) & he said its true what they say, the transmission are like "glass". If you get one may want to do a WRX STI 6-speed swap.

How about keeping the cobra and get you an older Civic (92-00 model hatches can get close to 40 mpg) for like $3-4k?

G/L!

Users who are viewing this thread