Polishing the exhaust

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Good thread and makes a world of difference on the Terminator rears. Here was mine after Sleeper's how to thread.

26804304089_large.jpg

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Might have to try this with my Scat. The pipes are visible from behind like my 03 was.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice job, Danny. IMO this should be a strong mod with any car with visible catback tubing. It really makes a nice presentation.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
No, that is the misconception about doing it. Once complete, it just takes a little routine polishing once a month.

This is gonna mostly depend on grade of stainless, isn't it? 304 will shine on, no doubt; but 409 will tarnish rather quickly, no?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
This is gonna mostly depend on grade of stainless, isn't it? 304 will shine on, no doubt; but 409 will tarnish rather quickly, no?

Most of the guys who have done this don't have an issue keeping it looking good, regardless of the manufacturer of the catback. I put 14k miles on my car one year here in Florida and did nothing but hit it with a little mothers polish here and there keep it looking like a mirror.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Most of the guys who have done this don't have an issue keeping it looking good, regardless of the manufacturer of the catback. I put 14k miles on my car one year here in Florida and did nothing but hit it with a little mothers polish here and there keep it looking like a mirror.

Wow, 14k miles and kept it looking good? That's impressive.

I noticed OP in the video using air-powered buffing wheel for final polish. Those tools need massive air supply and I only have medium size compressor. Does anyone make an electric handheld buffing wheel???

Thanks

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Wow, 14k miles and kept it looking good? That's impressive.

I noticed OP in the video using air-powered buffing wheel for final polish. Those tools need massive air supply and I only have medium size compressor. Does anyone make an electric handheld buffing wheel???

Thanks

I did not use any power tools and also only did what was visible from the rear. Shhhhh, that was a secret. :)

One thing i've always wanted to do, but just don't want to do it. I'd rather pay someone to do it, lol.

It really is not that hard. I used simple green to clean it while on the car, then wet sanded in stages, last used the mothers to bring out the mirror. As stated above in reply to mojo, I only did what was visible from the rear and spent no time doing the entire catback of which would not be seen by anyone who was not under the car. I did take off the wheels to access the bends.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just hit mine with some chrome polish every once in a while. I do wipe them down after I wash the car.
032a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread