Polished Engine Bay - In Progress PICS

roushstage2

Established Member
The engine bay started like this about a month ago.
cai56im.jpg

Then came the removal
eng47zr.jpg

eng78nl.jpg

This was no easy task, at the time I wished I had not removed the valve covers.

But that all changed once I got these back.

Then I added a few extra touches to the coil covers

I got started putting things back together last night

And guess what showed up on the porch today

The blower is not going on right now, it will be making a trip to Steig soon.
I purchased the full Zoop Seal kit and sealed the valve covers before I put them on. So far it is working great, I still have to seal everything else.

Let me know what you think.

It will be a few more months before everything is on, I am just taking my time although I cant wait to see how it comes out.

Last edited:

roushstage2

Established Member
I got all of the parts polished at SLPolishing, its located in Florida so I shipped the parts down there and then they were sent back once they were done. Shawn who does the polishing did a great job for a great price. :-D

I painted the yellow on the coil covers with a very small paint brush and alot of patience. I got some paint mixed at NAPA then mixed with the hardner and started painting. Then once the paint had set for about 30mins I was able to take a rag and wipe the excess off of the edges.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is absolutely amazing. PLEASE post a pic when it's all back together. Question. Why the Roush oil fill cap? First one I've ever seen. I'm used to seeing a plain polished cap, one with a snake, or the words SVT/COBRA. Great job!!
:beer:

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
Looks great! I have the same coil covers on mine and did a little painting on them myself. Took about 4 hours but I love the way they turned out. I'm also going to have my valve covers powdercoated black in the near future. Here is a pic of what it looks like now.

DSCF0128.jpg

roushstage2

Established Member
CobraBob said:
That is absolutely amazing. PLEASE post a pic when it's all back together. Question. Why the Roush oil fill cap? First one I've ever seen. I'm used to seeing a plain polished cap, one with a snake, or the words SVT/COBRA. Great job!!
:beer:

The reason I have the roush oil cap cover is because it kinda goes with the theme as you can see. :D :banana: :pepper:

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
That really looks great!

Was it a major PITA removing those covers? Do you have to mess with the brake booster?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
roushstage2 said:
The reason I have the roush oil cap cover is because it kinda goes with the theme as you can see. :D :banana: :pepper:

How the heck did I not see it was a Roush Stage 2? Gorgeous car my friend!! :beer:

roushstage2

Established Member
CobraBob said:
How the heck did I not see it was a Roush Stage 2? Gorgeous car my friend!! :beer:

Well its not a stage 2. I had a stage 2 before I purchased the cobra and I just kept the name.

BTW how do I change the name do I just PM a mod or what?

Thanks for all the comments guys.

roushstage2

Established Member
firemedic said:
That really looks great!

Was it a major PITA removing those covers? Do you have to mess with the brake booster?

Yes it was a major pain to remove them. I had to completley remove the brake booster to get the drivers side out. I know some say you dont have to remove it but I just could not see any other way. I was ready to tow the car to the dealership and have them put the covers back on.

I am putting them back on now, so I will have to bleed the brakes which will be another pain. I really like the way it looks but if I had the choice to do it agian I just dont think I would take the valve covers off.

I still have not started the car, so I still dont know if the covers will leak or not. I do not know what type of problems if any I still have ahead of me, so we will see.

roushstage2

Established Member
I forgot to mention the best part of getting these polished. PRICE I checked about six places before choosing SLPolishing. Everyone else wanted around $500 for just the supercharger.

I got the following parts polished to a mirror finish

#2 Valve Covers
#2 Coil Covers
Eaton Supercharger
Supercharger Plenum
LFP Intercooler reservoir
Steeda CAI Cover

He recorded the amount of time for polishing these parts - 49 hours 40 mins :eek:

All parts polished for $415 shipped back to me. :eek: :eek: :eek: That includes him shipping the parts back to me from Florida. I ask him for a price breakdown on the parts seperatly, but he has not gotten back to me yet. I also ask if he would do the same parts for the same price, he said it was more work than he had expected but that he would hook you guys up if you need anything polished. The parts look great, I just had to clean alittle extra polish compound off and there good to go.
Just let me know if anyone wants his email.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
WOW!!! That looks greart!!!

What will it take to get those parts to stay shinny like that? Won't they fade unless you keep polishing them?

GodStang

Established Member
Ya I need to get my Valve Covers polished while they are out of the car. How lond did it take them to polish them? I have a polished Kenne Bell and would like valve covers to match. So how do I get ahold of this man?

Thanks

roushstage2

Established Member
The link that Mustangscotty added is the place where I got these polished. He had my valve covers done within a week. If you get your valve covers polished just tell him they are the same type that I had him polish, and he said he will give you a good deal.

As far as the zoop seal, it went on very well but time will tell how well it works. I have not heard anything bad about it though.

roushstage2

Established Member
esqeddy said:
WOW!!! That looks greart!!!

What will it take to get those parts to stay shinny like that? Won't they fade unless you keep polishing them?

The zoop seal is supposed to keep the parts from needing to be polished agian for atleast 2 years. I guess thats why it cost so much.

Users who are viewing this thread