Polished Catback: Is it worth the effort?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i bought mine with it, but it has required up keep. i definitely think its worth it, but not if the car is a daily

IMG_0858.JPG

dark-knight

Established Member
Coming from someone who doesnt have the IRS catback...I would say its worth it. We did my friends on his cobra and when im driving behind him with my HID's on, it looks awesome!

mach1033

Established Member
Only did what's visible, took 8 hours, doesn't look chromed like others (not my bag), but worth EVERY minute spent. HID's light it up like a christmas tree from behind. IMO the exhaust Snaking the tank is a trademark of the Terminator and the mod. inhances it nicely!

Have some!

Rearw-NT05R.gif

RearrtBBS.gif

What size are those NTO5R's?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Only on a car that is rarely driven. I did mine and love how it looks, but it requires a lot of up keep. I might put 1k on my car a year and I still have to polish it a couple times a year.

I would say its only worth it if its just a garage queen or going to a show. Very exhausting. Not worth it if its a dd.

JTBtheWelder

Established Member
I did it to mine and after one day of open tracking on the road course they turned brown/purple. Definitely looked good before then though.

fordsvtaz

AzSVT
Established Member
Definitely worth it. I took my pipes off from the x-pipe back and took them to a metal finisher and had them jet coated. Easiest way to do it. Looks great. Cost $125. Just makes the car look meaner and get compliments on it whenever I'm out.

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Definitely worth it. I took my pipes off from the x-pipe back and took them to a metal finisher and had them jet coated. Easiest way to do it. Looks great. Cost $125. Just makes the car look meaner and get compliments on it whenever I'm out.

Jet coated?? Show pics please.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have a full Bassani system, and did everything from the engine back. It is worth it to me, but honestly I'm the only one who will likely ever appreciate the whole system being done since my car is so low, only the tailpipes are ever seen. It can be done at home, but I would suggest sending the pipes out to a professional polisher if you don't have, or have access to a large buffing wheel setup. If you do it yourself, work in incremental stages with the sandpapers, because skipping grits just makes it that much more work at the next stage. Also the finer you bring the last stage to, the easier it is to actually polish, and the brighter the finish will be.

Users who are viewing this thread