Plz help need to find step father

JasonSnake

Established Member
She probably threatened him with spousal rape or domestic violence if he would try to leave

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I remember reading this thread and had wondered what had happened. Now i'm even more curious. Hopefully things turned out better for them.

slow06

Established Member
The Gastonia police did end up doing a welfare check, all they could release at the time was "Kevin was alright". We had tried to contact him numerous times after the welfare check, the only info I was ever able to find for a contact number was his wife Rose. I finally had my wife call it and tell her that "we were growing concerned and needed to talk to Robert (wife's stepdad)" Rose gave her a attitude and hung up. A week later we got a letter in the mail supposedly from Robert. It read "I have my new family and no longer wish to deal with anyone else, I am happy and want to be left alone, I love my wife and she means the world to me"

While reading the letter, it did not look like Roberts hand writing I had worked with him for a few years and it did not look like anything I had seen him write out before, for service records and contracts for the company. After that we basically gave up. Only other time (October of 2014) I had heard anything about him was when Suntrust had called me and was asking for some info on Robert and the BMW. They still had no idea where it was at, and still no way of getting a hold of him. To this day I honestly do not know if he is alive or if he is alright. My wife and I decided to separate last December, so I don't know if she has heard anything else. I'll ask her and see if she has.

I know she had him put everything in her name to inherit if something happened. The house looks like it has had some stuff added on, and her son's have got a new car, but still no sign of Robert, I know he was having some medical issues for the past few years. I just don't see how someone can have that kind of cash around to add to a house and get a new car when you are in a bankruptcy. Also on one site I checked, the house was deeded in Joey's name.

Last edited:

slow06

Established Member
Just tried a search, nothing is coming up for him in Gastonia now, only thing that pops up is the old address in Mint Hill NC. Seems like Rose never even changed her name to his last name and I just remembered when they were fighting one time, Robert mentioned she was still getting a monthly check from her previous husband who had passed away and did not report that she had got remarried. The lady is shady and bad news all around.

My girls still ask about him every once in a while, it's sad.

MysticRob

Established Member
Just tried a search, nothing is coming up for him in Gastonia now, only thing that pops up is the old address in Mint Hill NC. Seems like Rose never even changed her name to his last name and I just remembered when they were fighting one time, Robert mentioned she was still getting a monthly check from her previous husband who had passed away and did not report that she had got remarried. The lady is shady and bad news all around.

The Gastonia police did end up doing a welfare check, all they could release at the time was "Kevin was alright". We had tried to contact him numerous times after the welfare check, the only info I was ever able to find for a contact number was his wife Rose. I finally had my wife call it and tell her that "we were growing concerned and needed to talk to Robert (wife's stepdad)" Rose gave her a attitude and hung up. A week later we got a letter in the mail supposedly from Robert. It read "I have my new family and no longer wish to deal with anyone else, I am happy and want to be left alone, I love my wife and she means the world to me"

While reading the letter, it did not look like Roberts hand writing I had worked with him for a few years and it did not look like anything I had seen him write out before, for service records and contracts for the company. After that we basically gave up. Only other time (October of 2014) I had heard anything about him was when Suntrust had called me and was asking for some info on Robert and the BMW. They still had no idea where it was at, and still no way of getting a hold of him. To this day I honestly do not know if he is alive or if he is alright. My wife and I decided to separate last December, so I don't know if she has heard anything else. I'll ask her and see if she has.

I know she had him put everything in her name to inherit if something happened. The house looks like it has had some stuff added on, and her son's have got a new car, but still no sign of Robert, I know he was having some medical issues for the past few years. I just don't see how someone can have that kind of cash around to add to a house and get a new car when you are in a bankruptcy. Also on one site I checked, the house was deeded in Joey's name.

After reading all this, I say the dude's dead and buried somewhere. Cops never did the welfare check, and old girl got away with 2 murders...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is the wildest thread I have ever read. I have no idea how I missed it back in 2013.

Sorry to hear about the shitty situation OP.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Sorry to hear all that, definitely a sad situation. I don't have a stepdad but if it were my dad who remarried and sent a letter like that, I wouldn't accept/believe it, I would go find him and make him say that to my face.

I'm sure you have plenty going through your mind right now but I think you owe it to him, and yourself and daughters, to find out what the hell is really going on.

Just my $.02, feel free to tell me I'm a moron if I'm way off base.

wreckit

Established Member
Sorry to hear you had to deal with a divorce. It never is easy and get really get a person down..

Sounds like the woman has a little scam going on with these men and robbing them blind.

Oh well, hope all is well with you and things turn up for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread