Please tell me I didn't just break this (pic)

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
ru9u9uqu.jpg

I've tried tapping it back in but it doesn't seem to make a strong seal and comes out by twisting the hose. Can it be fixed? If not, can you tell what it is I broke so I can buy a replacement? Thanks guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
That's shitty how that broke. Must have been defective from the factory. Possibly push back in and get it welded back???

Blueline

Established Member
For a quick fix, temporary only, coat the nipple in Indian Head Sealant and let it cure. It wont leak and will hold. Theres no serious pressure for the IC system so you will be fine. This should buy you a few days until you can get a replacement one and get it apart. Who knows it may last a long time with the Indian Head depending how tight it fits in there now. You can pick up the Indian Head at any auto parts store. You can also expoxy it with something along the lines of JB Weld as a temp fix so you can use the car.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
For a quick fix, temporary only, coat the nipple in Indian Head Sealant and let it cure. It wont leak and will hold. Theres no serious pressure for the IC system so you will be fine. This should buy you a few days until you can get a replacement one and get it apart. Who knows it may last a long time with the Indian Head depending how tight it fits in there now. You can pick up the Indian Head at any auto parts store. You can also expoxy it with something along the lines of JB Weld as a temp fix so you can use the car.

If it gets hot there certaintly is pressure. I'd contact Jameshell on Modfords.com for a better alternative.

vr4

Established Member

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Thanks for all the great idea guys. If I can't find a replacement, I'll try tapping the hole as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Jb weld and push it back in let it set and you should be good to go

Thought about that too lol! I think I might try wrapping it in teflon tape and tapping it back in too.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Jb weld and push it back in let it set and you should be good to go

My thinking also, as I've fixed small engine with that stuff. Just clean everything up good and give it a little scuff so the JB has something to really bite into.

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
go have someone aluminum weld it and know it is done..should not cost that much..if you know someone..

Blackedout

Established Member
Thanks for all the great idea guys. If I can't find a replacement, I'll try tapping the hole as mentioned above.

I might still have one in the garage.. I'll check if interested..

Blueline

Established Member
If your going to remove it to tap it, you might as well just replace it with another one.

For a fix without removing it, try what has been suggested, the JB Weld, Loctite etc... But I really think the epoxy route will work fine and prob never leak.

Users who are viewing this thread