Please scrutinize this Mustang

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Looks AMAZING.

Seriously though...what are the dash switches for? How many miles on the chassis? Otherwise looks fairly clean, except for those silly clear side marker lights.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Doesn't look bad to me either although I would never buy a car that wasn't completely stock under the hood. I don't trust ANYONE'S work.

assasyn

Established Member
Switches=no buy. I'm thinking nitrous. Where did the badges on the fenders go? Removed purge valve? Looks clean otherwise.

Looks like it has been wrecked in the front end if you look at the way the hood and fenders line up and along with the rear bumber being a little off. I would run a carfax on it to see if you come up with anything obvious. If nothing is on carfax it still doesnt mean that it hasnt been it is just a precaution. Other than that it looks decent I guess.

Vapors

Established Member
Looks like about a 151k on the chassis (cant tell for sure from the pic). Combine that with mystery switches and a motor replacement = pass.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Someone said it already but the hood and fenders don't line up. You can really see it near the windshield, passenger side. I would guess it was hit at some point. Combine that with the switches and missing badges and I'd pass.

Juruense

Banned
I would pass. I like the de-badged look I wonder why they left the Ford badge on though? Shoulda removed them ALL!

carnut101

Established Member
+1 on it being hit. And the switches on the dash are to start the car... fuel switch, start switch, big gaping hole in the steering column. I wonder if the car was stolen, wrecked, and recovered, and instead of getting a new key thing (what are they called... tumblers?) he just wired up the switches.

2k3gt

Established Member
If it were me, I wouldn't even give this car a second look. People don't just go around replacing engines and rebuilding transmissions for no reason...that thing's been beat to hell.

theHumP

Established Member
Id snag it! It looks like it was repainted which would explain the debadging, its obviously been beat on based on the new motor, seems like a weekend racer based on the nhra sticker, drag car style ignition switches paired with an auto trans. I looks like the hood rubs pretty bad on the intake causing it to stick up a little. Besides that, sn-95s body panels never did match up well.

Id rock it for that price.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
walk away, looks like it was run hard based on those switches and a earlier blown motor, plus the hood and fender are not aligned so I say pass

Users who are viewing this thread