Votes: 102 60.4%
  • stop the madness and ban all polls

Votes: 22 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
appropriate technical subforum so that I can start some new zaino/fastest color polls in the Interior and Exterior Modifications forum..

thanks

vipergts281

Established Member
CobraBob said:
That would be be choice as well. I agree that too many sub-forums just ends up creating more confusion than it does benfiting the majority. Not to mention the extra time required by the Mods to constantly move threads from one forum to another. JMO.
I agree.

I am not liking all of the sub-forums at all.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I really didn't like the sub forums at first but I've gotten used to it, and it is easier to find threads your "following" when they don't end up on page 5 an hour later like they used to..But I don't think we need more...

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
If this place had less traffic and people were moderately responsible about using the search button before posting, then I would support two Terminator forums. Unfortunately, two forums would likely turn into two separate free-for-all forums...instead of one free-for-all forum like it used to be. ;-) :-D

The explosion of polls in this forum just illustrates the fact that a certain number of users can't handle the responsibility. Heck, just having the exhaust threads out of here is a huge improvement! :shrug:

Getting back on topic...

How about instituting some limitations before you have to create a new poll forum:

1. Poll expiration sounds good...as long as expiration means that a thread is locked after the poll expires. Otherwise, someone will manage to bring old polls back to the top asking why he can't vote in them any more. :bash:

2. No polls from anyone who hasn't been a member for at least 90 days AND has at least 250 posts. That ought to stop the newbie polls in their tracks.

3. Limit an individual to posting no more than 1 poll per week or maybe even 1 per month. If you have more than 1 poll in this forum in the same week, you should be shot.

If these restrictions help slow the # of polls being posted, then we won't need a polls-only forum. If you look, the above limitations would eliminate about 90% of the polls I see on the first few pages of the Terminator Talk forum right now.

A dedicated forum scares me because we'll start seeing threads in here saying "Go to the poll forum and vote on which catback is best." If that happens I may have to slash my wrists... :uh oh: ;-)

-Greg

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
we need 2 terminator forums, not 5. Tech and then one for Talk

I agree with that too!! And the polls(like when I did my last pole) either 7 to 10 days is plenty of time.

2 Forums..thats it

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Sounds Good, now work your magic.

Top_Fuel said:
If this place had less traffic and people were moderately responsible about using the search button before posting, then I would support two Terminator forums. Unfortunately, two forums would likely turn into two separate free-for-all forums...instead of one free-for-all forum like it used to be. ;-) :-D

The explosion of polls in this forum just illustrates the fact that a certain number of users can't handle the responsibility. Heck, just having the exhaust threads out of here is a huge improvement! :shrug:

Getting back on topic...

How about instituting some limitations before you have to create a new poll forum:

1. Poll expiration sounds good...as long as expiration means that a thread is locked after the poll expires. Otherwise, someone will manage to bring old polls back to the top asking whay he can't vote in them any more. :bash:

2. No polls from anyone who hasn't been a member for at least 90 days AND has at least 250 posts. That ought to stop the newbie polls in their tracks.

3. Limit an individual to posting no more than 1 poll per week or maybe even 1 per month. If you have more than 1 poll in this forum in the same week, you should be shot.

If these restrictions help slow the # of polls being posted, then we won't need a polls-only forum. If you look, the above limitations would eliminate about 90% of the polls I see on the first few pages of the Terminator Talk forum right now.

A dedicated forum scares me because we'll start seeing threads in here saying "Go to the poll forum and vote on which catback is best." If that happens I may have to slash my wrists... :uh oh: ;-)

-Greg

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Polls should automatically expire after 60 days regardless of the forum. If you look at many of the polls they are resurrected ones.

Users who are viewing this thread