Please help this 05 mustang owner

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I really enjoyed that article. However, it was far from being the "relatively simple bolt-ons" that the magazine quoted. They moved shock mounts, cut holes in the floor, removed the transmission to modify the body-mount shifter, etc. It was still a great article and they had the Mustang really movin'. I've hated Hot Rod ever since the whole Cobra vs. STi mess, but the author of the PHP Mustang was well-spoken.

That thread was also full of you spouting off at the mouth, calling anyone who didn't prefer the new Mustang an idiot. If someone doesn't like your new car, so what? Get over yourself and the opinions you feel are so valid.

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=134446&page=1&pp=25&highlight=Mustang

Watch out what you say to CobraKindGuy, what he says goes. After all, he is the Reincarnation of Jesus Christ.

97LT1Ws6

Elty Juan
Established Member
poopnut stop lying to urself. i know you own a 5.0 and are very biased to them and probably can think they can run neck and neck with an 03 cobra , but truth is they are mid 14's best @ 93-96mph. U quote an lt1 being 3600 lbs LOL try 3417 lbs and mines even less(3390 factory). what a fox body weigh? 3200? i doubt a 150-200 lb difference will make up for power dissadvantage it has . i would pay to see a video of a bone stock fox( if theres any left) run a 13.99 on factory tires.

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
even if a fox was faster, the 05's are ****ing beautiful inside and out. maybe someone will buy one without the hopes of being faster than some nasty looking 14 year old car.

blu88notch

Established Member
thenoz said:
even if a fox was faster, the 05's are ****ing beautiful inside and out. maybe someone will buy one without the hopes of being faster than some nasty looking 14 year old car.

You're right, the 05's are sweet and there is no debate that they are quicker than any Fox stock for stock. I just hope my car doesn't look nasty. ;-)

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
97LT1Ws6 said:
poopnut stop lying to urself. i know you own a 5.0 and are very biased to them and probably can think they can run neck and neck with an 03 cobra , but truth is they are mid 14's best @ 93-96mph. U quote an lt1 being 3600 lbs LOL try 3417 lbs and mines even less(3390 factory). what a fox body weigh? 3200? i doubt a 150-200 lb difference will make up for power dissadvantage it has . i would pay to see a video of a bone stock fox( if theres any left) run a 13.99 on factory tires.

My ex's title says 3600 on her 95' T/A.

I don't think they can run neck and neck with a cobra.(What the hell is with people making up shit on this site?) I said they can do a 13 in stock form. A fox GT weighs 3200. A coupe weighs about 3050.

97RedSnake

Established Member
I have owned 3 fox-bodied 5.0 Mustangs. From my experience, and from friends who have owned them as well, i can tell you a 100% stock car won't run 13's.

Now, it doesn't take much modding to get one in the 13's, but at 100% stock, it isn't happening. Don't mean to be rude or anything. My cars typically ran mid to high 14's completely stock. These were 5 spd cars being power-shifted.

Now, add a set of drag radials, do the 10 minute tune-up, and maybe add a short throw shifter and the 13's are a possibility. Stick some 3.55's or better gears in one and 13's are a certainty. But at 100% stock (this means on regular street tires and just like it left the showroom, including the air silencer in place) they didn't run 13's.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
I guess that was rude, sorry...but my '92 coupe turned a 13.9. I agree that the 05 is a looker, but I still say it's pretty weak that the GT still hasn't caught up with the ls1. I'd have expected the 05 to match the Mach1...

jasonc32amg

Established Member
thenoz said:

Nothing looks better than a nasty notch biotch :poke:

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
well i think they're sick looking when they running 10's down the track but i can't see someone cruising for chicks in some old hatchback.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
thenoz said:
well i think they're sick looking when they running 10's down the track but i can't see someone cruising for chicks in some old hatchback.

Tell that to the girl who almost missed her greenlight about a little over a month ago because she was looking to her side at my car. And yes, she was hot. And yes, my standards of hotness are extremely high.

My ex freaking hates mustangs and she saw me yesterday and told me my car is still looking good. And she's hot too. :-D

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
well obviously it's a taste thing. i'm sorry to everyone that things fox stangs are pretty, it just seems to me that more people are interested in the looks of the 05. no hard feelings all you fox owners.

sjf

Established Member
that guy says a cammed v8 sounds like arse i dont even think he knows what a v8 is!!!......... an sti is a real car HA did you see that guys signature it had computer shiite in it because its in a computer forum WTF does he know about a car other than how to fit his over-fat star-trek watchin arse in one and i wonder how he would feel getting owned in a L or even my truck or any number of my friends trucks..... an sti my arse if he wants to go into a handling and power battle why not go and bite off a big ole piece of the ford GT of the C5 vette or some such item .............................. sorry you know it just really aggrivates me that people who dont know what a rod or valve or anything like that with computer stuff in their sig on a computer forum have the balls to talk shiite about a dudes new car i actually went and tried to tell them all what a bunch of mothers boys faggots they were but the thread was closed

sorry for the length thanks for the read

WDW MKR

Established Member
sjf said:
that guy says a cammed v8 sounds like arse i dont even think he knows what a v8 is!!!......... an sti is a real car HA did you see that guys signature it had computer shiite in it because its in a computer forum WTF does he know about a car other than how to fit his over-fat star-trek watchin arse in one and i wonder how he would feel getting owned in a L or even my truck or any number of my friends trucks..... an sti my arse if he wants to go into a handling and power battle why not go and bite off a big ole piece of the ford GT of the C5 vette or some such item .............................. sorry you know it just really aggrivates me that people who dont know what a rod or valve or anything like that with computer stuff in their sig on a computer forum have the balls to talk shiite about a dudes new car i actually went and tried to tell them all what a bunch of mothers boys faggots they were but the thread was closed

sorry for the length thanks for the read

A little backed up agression, eh? While I agree that the guy is off his rocker, I wouldn't make a handling argument between the STi and a Vette or GT. You're comparing a $30k car with a $50k and $150k car... not exactly fair. The STi is a great little car, for what it is. Not my bag, but that's no reason to write it off as a big piece of shit.

jasonc32amg Your WS6 is gorgeous! :rockon:

Last edited:

tuke

I am t3h Banned
Established Member
the sound of a cammed V-8? what a tool!!! ive owned a moded out 02 wrx (tbe,fmic,vf39,550s,blah blah) lots of people liked the way it sounded so did I, but now when i here em they remind me of a lawnmower
btw some little bastard stole it and wraped it around a pole :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread