Please help this 05 mustang owner

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
machone said:
"Because my '92 Notch could bust into the 13's stock"

Your telling me a stock 5.0 runs 13? Wheres the BULLSHIT flag? This is the fastest GT ever built.

A stock coupe will run 13's. A crap load of people on dfwstangs have ran 14.0x's on stock size street rubber. So I'm sure someone has run a 13 somewhere. Especially with sticky tires.

machone

NA power
Established Member
So your saying a FACTORY 100% stock 5.0 which prolly wouldnt put 200 to the wheels is capable of running 13s along with LT1s (255whp) srt4s (230whp) and a 99-04 GT? (240whp) (And yes i know HP isnt everything) The only time ive ever heard about a truly stock 5.0 running 13s is on the internet. Last i checked a stock 5.0 is a mid-high 14 sec car at low 90s?

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
machone said:
So your saying a FACTORY 100% stock 5.0 which prolly wouldnt put 200 to the wheels is capable of running 13s along with LT1s (255whp) srt4s (230whp) and a 99-04 GT? (240whp) (And yes i know HP isnt everything) The only time ive ever heard about a truly stock 5.0 running 13s is on the internet. Last i checked a stock 5.0 is a mid-high 14 sec car at low 90s?

The guy is full of shit. Even the 1993 Cobra was a dead mid 14 second car.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
machone said:
"Because my '92 Notch could bust into the 13's stock"

Your telling me a stock 5.0 runs 13? Wheres the BULLSHIT flag? This is the fastest GT ever built.

When you find your BS flag, shove it straight up your azz...then go look up what a lightweight coupe can do :rollseyes Now go back to licking 05 ballz :loser:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
This month's Hot Rod magazine has a write up on the Paul's High Performance '05 Mustang GT that is supposedly the first '05 in the 12s. Way into the 12s. Like 12.3s. They did it by lightening the car a few hundred pounds, intake, exhaust, tune, tires, pro driver.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
jasonc32amg said:
When you find your BS flag, shove it straight up your azz...then go look up what a lightweight coupe can do :rollseyes Now go back to licking 05 ballz :loser:

The 1992 5.0 LX was very nearly a 15.0 second car in the 1/4 mile (averaged around 14.8)...

So this guy on a stock car somehow dropped more than 1.5 seconds???

And people wonder why SVTPerformance is laughed at by the real drivers of the world.

Last edited:

The BigSHO

Established Member
I like Mustangs... The 2005 GT is the fastest stock Mustang GT. Its also probably the best or at least one of the best. The 1968 Mustang GT which the 2005 was styled after is maybe the best. I would probably still take a 2005 over it.

I had a 1967 in High School. I wish I would've kept it.

As far as stock 92 notchback go, they were a divers race against my daily driver the 92 Taurus SHO. Modded the Mustang has the edge. Stock = Driver.

The SHO is a high 14 second/low 15 second car trapping at ~95 mph. Those numbers are almost identical to the 92 Mustang...

Last edited:

machone

NA power
Established Member
jasonc32amg said:

No need for personal attacks...oh wait this is dickhead perf.com

Kimcobra

Established Member
Its a mustang and thats all that matters.I have seen in person an 5sp 05GT run 13.8@103 Nothing took off the car no stickys the guy ran the car just like it left the showroom as a matter of fact it only had 500 miles on it.I really can't see mustang owners bashing each other its just stupid.This is a Ford site with to many chevy and import trolls!!!!
And way to many internet tuff guys.
Everytime I beat a LS1 in my little 2V bolton GT I got the you Beat the driver shit.Now when I beat a LS1 with my SC 4V I get the you have a blower shit.And the ricers are the worst.after you beat them they keep going then hit the flashers.Hell I thought the race was a 1/4 not a mile.
When I get the chance to line up with a Z06,and he beats me I will be happy to give him the thumbs up and be on my way.If you win every race your only racing slow cars.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
machone said:

99-04 GT's are capable of 13.5's with great driving. LT-1's are 3600lbs and can still dip well into the 13s with good driving. Most people can't now because for some reason, F-bodies aren't taken care of for shit for the most part. Just like the majority of 5.0's. I drove a 28,000 mile show car, I think it was an 88' GT that was a show car. Not even really getting on it I could tell that that thing had some power in it. Felt just as strong as the 99+'s that I would drive.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
The 1992 5.0 LX was very nearly a 15.0 second car in the 1/4 mile (averaged around 14.8)...

So this guy on a stock car somehow dropped more than 1.5 seconds???

And people wonder why SVTPerformance is laughed at by the real drivers of the world.

You couldn't have said it better. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are kinda snickered at when they have 460rwhp cobras and are running mid 12's. When there are 300rwhp fox's running low 12's and in some cases, 11's. Although I love this forum it seems like the only way people think they can go faster is to spend more money on mods. Just doesn't make sense. I thought about putting a 6lbs blower on my car after my tax return but instead I've decided to work with what I have. I never go to the track but I know that when I race, my tires spin like crazy and I know that stock 87' suspension can't be too good. My motor is a solid mid 12 second motor. It's my driving and other outdated things that keep me from harnessing that power.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
You couldn't have said it better. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are kinda snickered at when they have 460rwhp cobras and are running mid 12's. When there are 300rwhp fox's running low 12's and in some cases, 11's. Although I love this forum it seems like the only way people think they can go faster is to spend more money on mods. Just doesn't make sense. I thought about putting a 6lbs blower on my car after my tax return but instead I've decided to work with what I have. I never go to the track but I know that when I race, my tires spin like crazy and I know that stock 87' suspension can't be too good. My motor is a solid mid 12 second motor. It's my driving and other outdated things that keep me from harnessing that power.

I'm not following you. Bone stock 2003/04 Cobra's run mid 12's...

Even Evan Smith managed to get a 12.2 out of a bone stock 03 Cobra. So he managed to cut about .5-.7 off what an average driver can do (stock with just a K&N drop in filter I pulled a 12.7).

Somehow I VERY highly doubt a bone stock 5.0 gets near the low 13's let alone the 12's...

Yeah drivers make a BIG difference but not 1.5 seconds worth...

youngster

Established Member
poopnut wat u sed is totaly wrong stock 03 cobras are mid 12's 460rwhp ur in mid 11's so wat r u talkin about

youngster

Established Member
mach1 ur basing ur dickheadperformance comment on 1 guy that doesnt evn own an svt. that aint rite there always b trolls on evry site

machone

NA power
Established Member
There are too many people like that on here, someone disagrees with them and they start the name calling. THere was already a thread about the way people act on here.

TexTerm04

Most 89-92 5.0s went mid to low 14s stock. With a good driver, a few simple mods and tires they were into the 13's. My 93 cobra ran 14.2 bone stock and 13.8 with a few bolt-ons on street rubber in Texas summer heat.

blu88notch

Established Member
Newb here.
First off I want to say I love the site. I've been checking out the board for quite a while and decided to jump in now. Back on topic, when I picked my '88 in '97 I took it to the track "factory stock" right down to the 1988 plugwires and air silencer. With 2.73 gears and a 2.22 60 ft I pulled a 14.3 @ 96.6. This was with about 123k on the clock. With the 10 min. tuneup, pullies, 3.55's and et streets, I got a 13.7, (w/o powershifting). I am sure there is another .2 in the car. So mid 13's are quite capable on a lightly modded 5.0. Sorry for the speech just my .02.
:bowdown: 03/04 Cobra's
cheer's.

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
youngster said:
poopnut wat u sed is totaly wrong stock 03 cobras are mid 12's 460rwhp ur in mid 11's so wat r u talkin about

I'm talking about people who can't drive for shit bashing 5.0's and saying they're 15 second cars. Early test drives on a 90' Mustang LX 5.0 vert was a 14.6 @ 97. That's 150 lbs heavier than a coupe.

The cobra owners that are running consistent low 13's are always like "Pulley and a chip and I'll be in the 12's" when they could learn to drive and pull off a 12.6-.7. A stock 5.0 coupe in good shape IS capable of a 13 second pass.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
I'm not following you. Bone stock 2003/04 Cobra's run mid 12's...

Even Evan Smith managed to get a 12.2 out of a bone stock 03 Cobra. So he managed to cut about .5-.7 off what an average driver can do (stock with just a K&N drop in filter I pulled a 12.7).

Somehow I VERY highly doubt a bone stock 5.0 gets near the low 13's let alone the 12's...

Yeah drivers make a BIG difference but not 1.5 seconds worth...

I know a 5.0 won't do a low 13 or 12 but change out the suspension in them and they'll get damn close.

WDW MKR

Established Member
flyn high again said:
This month's Hot Rod magazine has a write up on the Paul's High Performance '05 Mustang GT that is supposedly the first '05 in the 12s. Way into the 12s. Like 12.3s. They did it by lightening the car a few hundred pounds, intake, exhaust, tune, tires, pro driver.

I really enjoyed that article. However, it was far from being the "relatively simple bolt-ons" that the magazine quoted. They moved shock mounts, cut holes in the floor, removed the transmission to modify the body-mount shifter, etc. It was still a great article and they had the Mustang really movin'. I've hated Hot Rod ever since the whole Cobra vs. STi mess, but the author of the PHP Mustang was well-spoken.

CobraKindaGuy said:
What's the big deal....the same thing happened to me here on this SVTP forum when I announced my buying my 05 GT. A bunch of snot-nose juvenile idiots decided to hijack the thread and down the car, me and just about anybody else who was commending the cars looks. Then some moron of that same bunch makes a poll post for people 25 years old and under asking them if they think the new Mustang GT is ugly.

The world is full of infantile assholes and it takes them longer than others to grow up and realize that they don't know half of what they think they do.

That thread was also full of you spouting off at the mouth, calling anyone who didn't prefer the new Mustang an idiot. If someone doesn't like your new car, so what? Get over yourself and the opinions you feel are so valid.

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=134446&page=1&pp=25&highlight=Mustang

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread