Please help this 05 mustang owner

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
MR. SNAKE said:
Here's the link you be the judge.

One hint it all starts with the guy and his little Imprezza STI!

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=846174

What's the big deal....the same thing happened to me here on this SVTP forum when I announced my buying my 05 GT. A bunch of snot-nose juvenile idiots decided to hijack the thread and down the car, me and just about anybody else who was commending the cars looks. Then some moron of that same bunch makes a poll post for people 25 years old and under asking them if they think the new Mustang GT is ugly.

The world is full of infantile assholes and it takes them longer than others to grow up and realize that they don't know half of what they think they do.

Last edited:

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
The typical turbo stuff... get a real car, with low $ mods my car can kick your car, your car is ugly, american crap.

You know, the usual car wars stuff. Nothing special really, except that most of the sigs have *computer* mods, and not car mods. It's a computer forum.

The BigSHO

Established Member
Nice car. Who cares if people don't like your car.

Ford is laughing all the way to the bank with the new Mustang. Ford will sell boat loads... Probably sell more in a month than Subaru sells in a year...

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
What's the big deal....the same thing happened to me here on this SVTP forum when I announced my buying my 05 GT. A bunch of snot-nose juvenile idiots decided to hijack the thread and down the car, me and just about anybody else who was commending the cars looks. Then some moron of that same bunch makes a poll post for people 25 years old and under asking them if they think the new Mustang GT is ugly.

The world is full of infantile assholes and it takes them longer than others to grow up and realize that they don't know half of what they think they do.
They are just jealous because you can afford a badass car and they have a small "unit"

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Nuke61 said:
The typical turbo stuff... get a real car, with low $ mods my car can kick your car, your car is ugly, american crap.

Because as far as the import drivers know, it's illegal to mod american cars. We have to leave ours bone stock while they go mod crazy and eventually beat us.

The funny thing though, is the stuff they say is what 03' cobra owners say about ZO-6's and Vipers. Forced induction must be nice.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Because as far as the import drivers know, it's illegal to mod american cars. We have to leave ours bone stock while they go mod crazy and eventually beat us.

The funny thing though, is the stuff they say is what 03' cobra owners say about ZO-6's and Vipers. Forced induction must be nice.

What the **** are you talking about?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Ok, the Imprezza owners say "With a few mods I'll beat you." Yes, they will, when their mustang GT is stock, a modded one will beat it. Just like when a ZO-6 owner says "I'm faster than a stock Cobra." The cobra owners first response is "Pulley and chip and I'll own you." Yes, a modded cobra will beat a ZO-6. Just comparing the two reactions with one another. When either the mustang GT owner or the ZO-6 owner could mod their car and once again, be ahead.

Same situation, two different scenarios.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Ok, the Imprezza owners say "With a few mods I'll beat you." Yes, they will, when their mustang GT is stock, a modded one will beat it. Just like when a ZO-6 owner says "I'm faster than a stock Cobra." The cobra owners first response is "Pulley and chip and I'll own you." Yes, a modded cobra will beat a ZO-6. Just comparing the two reactions with one another. When either the mustang GT owner or the ZO-6 owner could mod their car and once again, be ahead.

Same situation, two different scenarios.

Again, it has nothing to do with the thread on HardOCP...

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
Again, it has nothing to do with the thread on HardOCP...

Read my first post. The firewall at work is blocking it. So therefore, I replied to the thread starters post.

EDIT: I mean Nuke's post.

Last edited:

jasonc32amg

Established Member
I think the '05 looks good, but it is pathetic in terms of performance. Somebody on the corral posted about running 13.2 @ 104 like it was a big deal. The funny part was that he said it was stock when in fact he had removed a bunch of stuff including the AC! I'm not impressed by those times, they are about the same as a stock srt4...and if you gut the srt it would be faster. I think the '05 is more about nostalgia/looks than performance. I'd get another notch before I would even think of an '05. If the guy thought he was buying the '05 to be the king of the street he better open his wallet wide.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
jasonc32amg said:
I think the '05 looks good, but it is pathetic in terms of performance. Somebody on the corral posted about running 13.2 @ 104 like it was a big deal. The funny part was that he said it was stock when in fact he had removed a bunch of stuff including the AC! I'm not impressed by those times, they are about the same as a stock srt4...and if you gut the srt it would be faster. I think the '05 is more about nostalgia/looks than performance. I'd get another notch before I would even think of an '05. If the guy thought he was buying the '05 to be the king of the street he better open his wallet wide.

How is it pathetic? It's the fastest GT ever.

They are faster than a stock SRT-4 that is usually a 13.9-14.2 car, versus 13.6-14.0 for the GT.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What is cool is Ford already lent the car out to the aftermarket before sales began. Saleen's SC281 is 400 hp and the SC281 Extreme will be 480hp....I have to recheck those numbers but that's what I thought I read recently.
A powerful GT and street car that the average guy can get for about 28,000 dollars. I bet next fall the prices will be crazy low, so get one for 24,000 and use that other 4 grand for a blower!

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Evil_Merlin said:
How is it pathetic? It's the fastest GT ever.

They are faster than a stock SRT-4 that is usually a 13.9-14.2 car, versus 13.6-14.0 for the GT.

Because my '92 Notch could bust into the 13's stock and that was, well, an 11 year old car. I'd think Ford could do just a little better. If it is the fastest GT ever it's not by much. It's pathetic because cars that run low 14's or high 13's are not exclusive any more. Heck, the '04 GTO may have a higher MSRP but it can be bought cheaper than the '05 GT and has a much nicer interior, more performance out of the bag, and more performance bolt on for bolt on.

The srt4 could be bought brand new with coiloverts and a stage 2 turbo kit from the dealer for less than a new GT and hand it its ass. I'm not saying the neon is styled better but if you are looking for bargain performance, what the Mustang has represented prior, you have to look elsewhere.

I'm not knocking the car, I like the style...it just puzzles me when people masterbate over the number it produces. :poke:

machone

NA power
Established Member
"Because my '92 Notch could bust into the 13's stock"

Your telling me a stock 5.0 runs 13? Wheres the BULLSHIT flag? This is the fastest GT ever built.

machone

NA power
Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:

SVTP is full of assholes, id get used to it if i were you. Dont worry man your car is VERY badass! :bowdown:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
jasonc32amg said:
Because my '92 Notch could bust into the 13's stock and that was, well, an 11 year old car. I'd think Ford could do just a little better. If it is the fastest GT ever it's not by much. It's pathetic because cars that run low 14's or high 13's are not exclusive any more. Heck, the '04 GTO may have a higher MSRP but it can be bought cheaper than the '05 GT and has a much nicer interior, more performance out of the bag, and more performance bolt on for bolt on.

The srt4 could be bought brand new with coiloverts and a stage 2 turbo kit from the dealer for less than a new GT and hand it its ass. I'm not saying the neon is styled better but if you are looking for bargain performance, what the Mustang has represented prior, you have to look elsewhere.

I'm not knocking the car, I like the style...it just puzzles me when people masterbate over the number it produces. :poke:

They put out good power. What 270+rwhp from the factory? Not bad. Your notch could bust out 13's because they weigh 3100lbs vs. 3550 from the new GT's. I'd much rather be in a wreck in a new GT than my Fox GT. 13.2 isn't a great time but it's a good time considering the stock rubber those cars are on and how much they weigh. The GTO performs a little bit better but it's ugly as hell and it's a pontiac. Shits gonna break on it. And break often.

The SRT-4, no matter how much I hate to admit it is a good bang for buck performance car. And it really isn't that bad looking. I'd take one but I wouldn't mod it. I just don't trust factory turbo'd cars that are modded to hell after having friends with GSX's and Tsi's.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
jasonc32amg said:

The 2005 GT gets into the low mid 13's stock.

The 04 GTO is about the same speed as the 05 GT, not to mention Pontiac can't sell the f'n thing so hadda mark it down 10k just to get them off the lot, and even then they ain't doing it. Pontiac imported over 12,500 of them and as of November 31st still have not sold 10k of them.

For what people paid for the SRT-4, I paid about 8000 more for my Cobra and am a full 2.0 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile easily.

1.) The 2005 Mustang GT is the fastest GT ever. Period. End of story.
2.) For 25k it's a damn good bargain for a fairly fast, RWD V8
3.) Tuner parts for the Mustangs are cheap. It cost me 2000 bucks to get my Cobra into the high 11's on stock rubber. How much does it cost to put a GTO there?

Users who are viewing this thread