Played with a 911 Turbo tonite!

Blue03Snake

Established Member
i had pully, exhaust, cai and i still got pulled on by a new 911 turbo...theres no chance in hell you came even close without a pully.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Say whatever you want. If you thin you can convince me you pulled a super car capable of 190 mph with a bolt on Cobra in 4th gear you've got to be nuts. I have a car set up for auto cross that runs a damn good quarter time, lower than a 12 and a brand new Porsche turbo was walking me on the straight aways.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Blue03Snake said:
i had pully, exhaust, cai and i still got pulled on by a new 911 turbo...theres no chance in hell you came even close without a pully.

Because that Porsche was automatically Bone stock right... :bash:

I know exactly how fast they are, we raced like 6 times, and I got him everytime. They are quick cars obviously, but a bolt-on Terminator is more than a handfull for a stock 911, jesus christ man. Are you people forgetting that with exhaust and intake mods our cars are pretty much 500hp. They weigh 3400 pounds, figure 2 normal sized guys inside,( have no idea if they were skinny or fat) so we'll say another 350 pounds for them. That's 3750, plus gas. I had barely a 1/4th tank, and was alone.

IF it was stock, with that weight, im out powering him by a good 70-80horsepower, with very similiar weight (my car weighs 3800 with me in it, im 170 pounds), and the instant pull from the blower, **** ya, the porsche is going down. That to hard to understand?

More power+ close weight= you lose. :smmon:

mustangbee

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
How in the world were you the quickest sperm, you've got the IQ of a Lima bean.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and :lol: :lol: :lol: ever thought of stand up? genius.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
ford_racer said:
One could ask the same of you. Ever heard of sarcasm? :nonono:

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: If you knew anything about MustangBEE , and myself's previous conversations, you'd get where my comment came from.

Der-her-her.. ever heard of sarcasm?? der-her-her... :nonono: :lol: obviously he's being sarcastic you asshat, that's not the point. You should try and find out what's going on before you open your mouth.

Last edited:

Harry Schneider

Established Member
Good kill man...I've been trying to find one on the freeway for ever!! They always seem to be going the other way. I've beat Vipers, smoked Vettes, Skylines, but I really want a Porsche Turbo! There's a guy in town who owns a Lambo, not sure which one (small one?), bright orange and I'm hopeing to find him too!!
QUESTION to anyone out there that can answer... Is Ford shutting down SVT? I've heard from a couple people that they are.
Answered my own ?, found it here...thought I saw it on one of the threads. So next week is the end of SVT eh? THAT F--KIN SUCKS!!!! But... won't that make our Terminators even more valuable and rare? Could be a silver lining in that dark cloud for those of us that were smart enough to buy one when we could! Hang on to your SVT's guys, their value is about to go up!!!! :pepper: :banana: :lol: :rockon:

Last edited:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
mustangbee said:
conversations? that takes more than one person though :poke:

Right, like the threads where we replied to Each-others posts 20 times, were were having a conversation ,via the internet. You ok man? :poke:

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
996TTx50 said:
Nice kill dude!!! I believe you.

1. AWD is NOT an option on the turbo. Rather, with the exception of the GT2, ALL current model 996 Turbos are AWD. If it said “turbo” on the back, as you described, it was AWD.

2. The t/c’d engine benefits just as much from the cold air as your s/c’d engine.

3. 996TTs are top end cars and do far better from a roll than from a dig.

4. I am surprised that you pulled a 996TT with merely an intake and exhaust. Stock to stock, the 996TT is a half second faster than a 03/04 Cobra. I wouldn’t have thought that an intake and exhaust would be enough to make up the difference.

5. 400 hp at the wheels with a mere intake and exhaust (no chip or pully) is very impressive.

:beer:

996TTx50

Its not the ET that matters, but the MPH through the traps as its far more indicative of the car's power. I would imagine with the AWD and rear engine the 996TT can do very well from a stop or low speed.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Are you joking? Porsches are one of the best roll cars you can have. There drag COE is one of the best you can get and their geared almost exclusively for "autobahn" type driving (i.e. pulling hard on the highway). I'm not going to call b.s but a turbo 911 would have walked you hard with your mods.

Look at the gearing on the Cobra. 6th gear is good for 220MPH or some rediculous amount. I think 4th gear on a 3.55 rear end Cobra (stock gears) is good for 140+ MPH and 5th is good for close to 170.

I obliterated a 996TT after he got a good jump on me with a 500RWHP Cobra. He tried to wave bye, like he was going to drive off out of my view. I think I passed him so fast I freaked him out a bit. At the next stoplight he asked "That thing got a turbo?" Very funny. Then again, I had no camera or any way of proving it.

Why would someone come on here, spend all the time typing that story up if it was fake? It sounds very feasible to me.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
moridin2004 said:
Look at the gearing on the Cobra. 6th gear is good for 220MPH or some rediculous amount. I think 4th gear on a 3.55 rear end Cobra (stock gears) is good for 140+ MPH and 5th is good for close to 170.

I obliterated a 996TT after he got a good jump on me with a 500RWHP Cobra. He tried to wave bye, like he was going to drive off out of my view. I think I passed him so fast I freaked him out a bit. At the next stoplight he asked "That thing got a turbo?" Very funny. Then again, I had no camera or any way of proving it.

Why would someone come on here, spend all the time typing that story up if it was fake? It sounds very feasible to me.

I have no idea why someone would spend that time but it does happen every now and again and they're generally pretty obvious. There isn't a Cobra on this site capable of a sustained speed over 180. Not one!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Cobras and fast Fords just as much as the next guy but lets be honest with ourselves. Just because a Porsche is an exotic doens't mean it can beat everything, of course. All I'm saying is that a turbo Porsche is DAMN strong from a roll. Its what they're made for. Porsche makes these cars for more than Sunday drivers, they consistently cruise on the Autobahn near 200mph and if it has a RUF kit (lowest drag CO available on any Porsche) they can cruise around 220. I've seen it done. I know some Porshces are capable of in excess of 150 in 4th gear and they usually only use 3 gears in the quarter. I'm not trying to flame anyones kill thread but if I had a Turbo I'd be willing to run anything in a 4th gear roll, sure sometimes you lose, but I wouldn't expect it from a Cobra.

Nick85

Banned
The 996 is a ladies porsche all up and down the line...i think a modded Cobra has a chance actually. The 997 Turbo will blow you away though..

primetime

Established Member
Nick85 said:
The 996 is a ladies porsche all up and down the line...i think a modded Cobra has a chance actually. The 997 Turbo will blow you away though..

LOL! Do you know the difference between the two? Wait i think I already know the answer to that. later Ron

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
04COBRA-WA said:
I own a Porsche 911 C4 (non-turbo) and a 2004 Mustang Cobra w/ over 500HP at the crank and 467 at the rear wheels. I raced a 2005 Carrera C4S which has 355 HP in my Cobra in a similar situation. I pulled on him, passing at maybe 5 MPH. Other facts - My Cobra, which is a convertible, weights almost 4000LBS while the Porsche TT weights a little over 2900 LBS. That's a difference of almost 1000 LBS! So weight to HP ratios is very different. I raced my Cobra while driving my Porsche 911 C4 (non turbo) and smoked it getting onto the freeway. The only reason is we had an L style turn which allowed me to remain at full throttle. My Cobra will smoke my 911 in a straight line, but not a Porsche TT. You'd need a KB or Whipple pulling 585 HP to equate for weight rations. Keep in mind your weight ratios are at 8.8, almost 9.0 pounds per HP and the Porsche 911 is at 6.8, almost 2 lbs less per HP than your Cobra.

Try closer to 3400lbs for a 996 TT Porsche

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
I have no idea why someone would spend that time but it does happen every now and again and they're generally pretty obvious. There isn't a Cobra on this site capable of a sustained speed over 180. Not one!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Cobras and fast Fords just as much as the next guy but lets be honest with ourselves. Just because a Porsche is an exotic doens't mean it can beat everything, of course. All I'm saying is that a turbo Porsche is DAMN strong from a roll. Its what they're made for. Porsche makes these cars for more than Sunday drivers, they consistently cruise on the Autobahn near 200mph and if it has a RUF kit (lowest drag CO available on any Porsche) they can cruise around 220. I've seen it done. I know some Porshces are capable of in excess of 150 in 4th gear and they usually only use 3 gears in the quarter. I'm not trying to flame anyones kill thread but if I had a Turbo I'd be willing to run anything in a 4th gear roll, sure sometimes you lose, but I wouldn't expect it from a Cobra.

I wasn't saying the Cobra is capable of 220MPH, I'm just saying the gearing is. Everyone seems to assume 03/04 Cobras, because they are a Mustang, are only geared for 1/4 mile or 0-60 sprints.

Now, for the sustained 180MPH+ operation part. There was a team that ran a Cobra at the salt flats (don't have any Autobahn in the U.S.) in 2003 with intake, exhaust, tune, maybe a pulley, and was lowered a bit. They made a 178 MPH pass, but weren't allowed to go faster, because of the factory cast wheels. They went faster the next year (203 MPH), but that was with a new blower and fuel system upgrades. Again, I'm not saying its any better than modified TT Porsches, or even as good as, but I would venture to say it is impressive for is basically a street car.

The old guy I raced in a 996 TT launched on me at one point during our meeting. I'd be far more afraid of that thing from 0-60 than from 60-160. I couldn't see myself doing anything above 160 in my area. Not feasible.

I'm extremely impressed with Porsche engineering. I had the opportunity to work with their engineers and cars when had a job on an ALMS team for a summer. Porsche race cars are amazing, but if you've noticed, they've upped the power output across the whole 997 line to keep up with the likes of Ford, Chevy, and a few others. Even Ferrari had to inject a bunch more horsepower into the F430. Guys had stories on here of beating the 360's with little or no mods on their Cobras.

Anywho, lets just hope both companies keep making better cars, so stories like these can be told.

Users who are viewing this thread